Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: A little news report

Not to defend McDaniels too much, but that came about as a result of McDaniels having control over personnel and wanted "his guy" in there. In St. Louis that decision first off would not be up to McDaniels, and second I doubt he would even dare to think about suggesting the Rams deal Bradford so he can bring in a backup he coached before.

Most of the problems from McDaniels have stemmed from him having authority over personnel, and being a bit arrogant. He won't have any control over his personnel here, just able to make suggestions, and he should truthfully be a bit humbled. If Spags and Devaney interview him and believe in him, I'd give him a shot. He certainly seemed like a good coordinator in Denver.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Not to defend McDaniels too much, but that came about as a result of McDaniels having control over personnel and wanted "his guy" in there. In St. Louis that decision first off would not be up to McDaniels, and second I doubt he would even dare to think about suggesting the Rams deal Bradford so he can bring in a backup he coached before.

Most of the problems from McDaniels have stemmed from him having authority over personnel, and being a bit arrogant. He won't have any control over his personnel here, just able to make suggestions, and he should truthfully be a bit humbled. If Spags and Devaney interview him and believe in him, I'd give him a shot. He certainly seemed like a good coordinator in Denver.
    I dislike him because I want a OC that will stay awhile get settled in. Mcdaniels or childress for that matter would be chomping at the bit to get a HC job again.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: A little news report - McDaniels as OC?

The big question is this:

Do we keep Bradford in the same WCO scheme to groom continuity, but which is a system that may restrict his full potential, or do we switch to McDaniel's high-powered attack which will force Bradford to adapt to a new scheme, but may in the long run unleash Bradford's full potential and make our team more fun to watch?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

McDaniels would work for me for one reason. When we play the Patriots in the Superbowl next season his insight and knowledge will be priceless!
    Last edited by laram0; -01-11-2011 at 02:37 PM.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Well I hope this is not off topic much but my question is how in the world is Shurmer the "front runner" in Cleveland? Sure he's got some qualifications but what has he really done at this point to warrent that or any HC job?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Shurmer-Hater; it's just that much like fine wine I think he needs more time to develop his OC skills before he becomes a HC. Just don't see how two years in the Rams rather moribund offense has him in the running for anything.

If he gets the Browns job I fear he could be headed for a McDaniels-like flame-out.

Just my 2 cents. And with today's inflation rate is actually closer to 1 cent.

WHAT SAY YE?

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    The big question is this:

Do we keep Bradford in the same WCO scheme to groom continuity, but which is a system that may restrict his full potential, or do we switch to McDaniel's high-powered attack which will force Bradford to adapt to a new scheme, but may in the long run unleash Bradford's full potential and make our team more fun to watch?
    I like the thought of bringing McDaniels in for the high powered attack and unleashing Bradford's full potential. That, along with the receivers to go with it, would be exactly what I'd like to see the Ram's become. Make it so!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Well I hope this is not off topic much but my question is how in the world is Shurmer the "front runner" in Cleveland? Sure he's got some qualifications but what has he really done at this point to warrent that or any HC job?
    My impression is that it's a combination of things, including his impact in the development of Bradford but also the relationship he has with Holmgren and their shared offensive philosophy. Plus, I don't think we can ignore that by hiring an up-and-comer, Holmgren won't have to share power with a more established head coach and can have his input where he wants.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

The OC of the second best offense in the history of the nfl (obviously behind our own GSOT) with the hc of one of the stingiest defenses ever that trumped one if not the hottest offenses of all time. I think that if we land mcdaniels that would be a luxury...
    donīt forget he also "invented" cassel...

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I know we arent suppose to post links but this is just funny

Josh McDaniels Sucks

I mean who seriously creates a site dedicated to a head coach getting fired.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I know we arent suppose to post links but this is just funny

Josh McDaniels Sucks

I mean who seriously creates a site dedicated to a head coach getting fired.
    If a coach came to my team and traded away my "franchise" quarterback, star wide receiver, stud tightend, mortgage the future by trading picks so he could draft a full back to play quarterback, and totally forget about the defensive side of the ball... then ya, making a website would be the most timid of things I would want to do.

That said, as an OC he wouldn't be allowed to make all of those mistakes, just use his genius to put Sam in the best position possible.

Also heard on the Bob Stelton show via John Clayton that McD would make a push to come here and coach Sam. If you told me this time last year that the Rams OC job would be more desirable then the Vikings or Broncos, I would have bought you a drink and called you crazy.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

If you have any faith in the DeSpags approach, it's hard to think of JM as a possibility.Respect for the players, the game,the patience & courage to build a team instead of just looking for the self-aggrandizing quick fix, not to mention simple personal integrity - fairly important leadership skills,imo - are all evidently lacking in the young Sith.Even if you're looking to replace Shurmur for strategic capabilities, I'd say find the next Jeremy Bates, not some arrogant poor man's Darth Hoodie & have the offense start again from scratch.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

yes, I too have reservations about his cheeting and running a good QB out of town

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

This is good news.

Also due to that Denver debacle we'd have him on lock for a few years, he won't be leaving any time soon.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    If a coach came to my team and traded away my "franchise" quarterback, star wide receiver, stud tightend, mortgage the future by trading picks so he could draft a full back to play quarterback, and totally forget about the defensive side of the ball... then ya, making a website would be the most timid of things I would want to do.

That said, as an OC he wouldn't be allowed to make all of those mistakes, just use his genius to put Sam in the best position possible.

Also heard on the Bob Stelton show via John Clayton that McD would make a push to come here and coach Sam. If you told me this time last year that the Rams OC job would be more desirable then the Vikings or Broncos, I would have bought you a drink and called you crazy.
    meh.

The defense was trash when he took over, and lost one of the best pass rushers in the league this season.

The team was in transition, and for him to do that, you'd imagine the owner was on board, unfortunately the owner panicked from media pressure and dumped him.

In the end he traded a loud mouth WR for two 2nd round picks, great value.
    He traded a QB who has all the tools physically but clearly has decision making choices for good value. Don't be fooled by Cutlers lower interception numbers, while they are reduced, a major reason it looks that much better is due to less pass attempts this season.

He had a rough go as a first time head coach, but he's coming in as the O-Coordinator where he has thrived at every situation the last few years.

As well, its been the Patriot front office people that have thrived league wide. Too many of the B.B coordinators are trying to be B.B, instead of being themselves, thats my take on it. It's easier to copy a specific process when it involves a basic standard procedure such as in the front office, versus coaching that involves interaction with people and infinite situations.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    If you have any faith in the DeSpags approach, it's hard to think of JM as a possibility.Respect for the players, the game,the patience & courage to build a team instead of just looking for the self-aggrandizing quick fix, not to mention simple personal integrity - fairly important leadership skills,imo - are all evidently lacking in the young Sith.Even if you're looking to replace Shurmur for strategic capabilities, I'd say find the next Jeremy Bates, not some arrogant poor man's Darth Hoodie & have the offense start again from scratch.
    On the flip side, after watching the schizophrenic offensive playcalling this past season, getting a knowledgeable OC who has the stones to counter an excessively defensive-minded head coach doesn't strike me as the worst thing in the world. And you know what, we were probably going to have to change offenses sooner or later anyway if we wanted to fully exploit Bradford's talent. The better to do it now when there is less to unlearn.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast