Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: A little news report - McDaniels as OC?

Ying and yang.

The goal offensively is to be balanced.

Spags is ultra conservative, McD (or the young Sith- I like the sound of that!) is ultra aggressive.

Put them together and you will achieve balance in the Force.

Or it will result in the universe imploding- either way, glad I don't have to make the decision!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I never liked McDaniels as a head coach. Tried too hard to establish too much power before he was ready. He has a proven track record of creating some amazing passing games though. Just the thought of him working with Bradford has me excited about what we could accomplish offensively. Add a stud wide receiver in the draft and McDaniels could turn this offense into an explosive attack.

The one thing I'm sure of is that we need an aggressive coach to counteract some of Spags tendencies.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

As long as he wants to stay as an OC for more than 5 (maybe 7 years) or so, then I wouldn't mind having him around. He is an offensive-minded genius after all but lets try to add that missing pillar on him as well.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    As long as he wants to stay as an OC for more than 5 (maybe 7 years) or so, then I wouldn't mind having him around. He is an offensive-minded genius after all but lets try to add that missing pillar on him as well.
    7 years a bit of a stretch, but fliptalianstallion is right, is this guy looking for a HC job and will bolt at the first opprtunity he gets? hes a offensive guru, Owners like them apples

AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Mar Ram View Post
    7 years a bit of a stretch, but fliptalianstallion is right, is this guy looking for a HC job and will bolt at the first opprtunity he gets? hes a offensive guru, Owners like them apples
    Yeah but what successful offensive coordinator won't want a HC job? Who thought Shurmur would be gone after 2 seasons..not fired, but a Head Coach..no one. Who's to say Spags will be here in another 2 years? Point is, there is usually change in the NFL. The Rams can't hire a lesser OC just because we think he'll be around longer. They should really cross that bridge when they get there.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: A little news report

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    The thing that scares me is if this happens Bradford will already be in his second system. What happens if the Rams dissapoint next season and Devaney decides to fire Spags? Then Bradford will be going into his 3rd system in as many years. Look at the track record for this type of thing happening to young qb's and stunting their growth. If we bring in a new coordinator it has to be in the same system. We can't afford to change systems year after year and expect Bradford to grow leaps and bounds. I am no Shurmur fan but keeping Bradford in a system he knows while he learns the NFL qb ropes is more imprtant to me right now.
    Unfortunately looks like this post I made back in Febuary is looking more and more like a possibility. What if they end up firing Sags? I'm not sure they will but he has to be on the hot seat. I mean none of us thought we would have a winning record at this point in the season but to be 0-6 and more than likely 0-7 after next week makes it hard to defend Spags.

We are literally ruining our young promising qb already. He seems to have contracted a little Bulgerits on a few occasions going down when he didnt need to and also he's holding the ball way to long and taking hits when he doesnt need to. Doesnt help that our wr's are dreadful, although maybe Lloyd will help, not sure yet. I do not want to see Bradford have to learn another new system going into his 3rd year if Spags is canned. Heres to hoping the second half of the season at least shows some improvement or my worst fears may come true.
    Just Fix It

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

If we do get a new HC, I sincerely hope McDaniels gets to stay. Not because I'm a huge fan of his but for the consistency.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    If we do get a new HC, I sincerely hope McDaniels gets to stay. Not because I'm a huge fan of his but for the consistency.
    Agree completely.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Kroenke could make the new HC position contingent on McDaniel staying as the OC. The problem is that if we want to hire a proven HC with a past resume of success he will in all likelihood want to bring in his own people.

This is the quandry the Rams are going to find themselves in...

WHAT SAY YE?

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Kroenke could make the new HC position contingent on McDaniel staying as the OC. The problem is that if we want to hire a proven HC with a past resume of success he will in all likelihood want to bring in his own people.

This is the quandry the Rams are going to find themselves in...

WHAT SAY YE?
    I just hate to see Bradford have to go through another system change. You see it a lot where promising young qb's are ruined by constantly changing systems. The Rams somehow need to sac up nd at least be competitive in some of these games. Bradford needs to be able to feel comfortable in the pocket with a system he is in command of, the font office at least owes that to him. If not his talents could be wasted.
    Just Fix It

svh01 is offline Registered User

If they fire Spags and McDaniels leaves then I would actually be in favor of drafting Luck and trying to move Bradford. Not so much a knock against Bradford, but it would be easier to start with a clean slate. Maybe the Colts would take him and rework his contract. He can sit behind Manning for about 2 years and then have a stellar career in the AFC. Maybe even meet the Rams (and lose) in the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by svh01; -10-25-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234