ASSOCIATED PRESS
11/19/2006

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- St. Louis defensive end Leonard Little said Sunday he's agreed to three-year contract extension and plans to finish his career with the Rams.

"This will be my last contract. I wanted it to be a good one," said Little, who has spent his entire nine-year career with St. Louis.

The 32-year-old Little had five tackles and one sack in the Rams' 15-0 loss to Carolina on Sunday. Little has 10 sacks on the season, 4.5 shy of his career-high set in 2001.

"It's been in the works," Little said of the new contract. "I guess they really wanted to see if I would come out and play better than I did the last couple of years. I knew I was going to play this way."
Advertisement

Little has had numerous off-field problems.

In 1999, Little pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter following a car crash. Little's blood-alcohol level was nearly twice the legal limit. He served three months in jail and was on probation for four years.

Last year, he was found not guilty of drunken driving charges following a 2004 arrest. Also in 2005, his younger brother was shot to death.