Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: Little to be trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Unless it's a first, I would pass....
    There are very few players in the NFL that would garner a 1st round pick. If they get a 4th for Little, they would be lucky.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'd gladly trade them Larry Little. That guy borrowed my ladder a month ago and still hasn't brought it back
    Yeah, sorry about that- he lent it to me. Those damn monkeys keep making nests up on my roof- my drainpipes keep getting clogged with bananas- it's a nightmare.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    There are very few players in the NFL that would garner a 1st round pick. If they get a 4th for Little, they would be lucky.
    We got a fourth round pick for Brandon Manumaleuna and a third round pick for Lamar Gordon. Those guys weren't even starters, and Leonard Little is a Pro Bowler who averaged 11.4 sacks/year from 2001 to 2006. If we pulled the trigger on a deal for a fourth, I'd call it highway robbery.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Chris chambers was the Dolphins best Offensive player LL is our second best behind Spoon. Maybe not now or to Denver, but maybe the new guy wants to go in a new direction and rebuild from scratch.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I'd gladly trade them Larry Little. That guy borrowed my ladder a month ago and still hasn't brought it back; not to mention his dog is always barking.............hmm, what's that? LEONARD Little? Not LARRY Little? Oh well then, NO. I wouldn't trade LEONARD Little.

Larry Little???

I've just got 4 questions.

1) Isn't that guy about 65 by now?

2) Is he still playing ball?

3) When did he switch from OG to DE?

And 4) When did the Rams acquire his rights from Miami?

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Reading other forums, it seems as though most Denver fans wouldn't want to give more than a fourth for him. I can't see us accepting that, no matter how useless our FO may be.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

1. I'm no expert, but I would think the first step in trade negotiating (or the rumor prolification thereof) would be the get the name of the player correct. This would be my suggestion to "Mike" from Denver.

2. I suppose the world would come to an end if every trade rumor wasn't followed by some structure of this dialogue.......

fan from player's current team: There's no way we trade him for less than (high ball figure, usually 1st or 2nd)

fan from player's potential new team: There's no way we give up more than a (insert low ball figure, typically 5th or 6th).

So with that in place, what team would put the highest value on Leonard Little? IMO, the answer is a 4-3 Base team that has a shot of winning THIS year, but lacks a solid pass rush. That being the case, the most attractive partners would be Denver, Washington, Jacksonville, or Indy. Depending on their desire to win NOW, I could see any one of those teams giving up a 3rd realistically.

But what value would St. Louis require? Well, on the field, they are giving up probably 8 sacks this year, but maybe 10-12 sacks in the future, assuming he plays 1 or 2 more years. Off the field they are giving up a tenured well respected defensive leader. That has to be factored into any trade equation. With that in place, what would the Rams have to have in return?

I'd entertain discussions of a 3rd.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Leonard Little...no!

Tye Hill for Jay Cutler...now you're talking

rammiser is offline Registered User

I would not let Little go for less than say a 3rd and a 4th together or a second and a 5th together or straight up for a 1st. Just like posted before we got a 4th for Manumaleuna. So Denver is basically saying a totally disruptive defensive player is worth no more than a 4th to them I say B.S. I'm sure we could get a 1st or second out of them or they arent getting Little plain and simple. Plus their picks are going to be low because they will make the playoffs. I think Little is worth the 25th overall pick in the draft. If your talking a second rounder your talking somewhere from 52nd through 64th. Thats would be lowballing us. We are not shopping Little they are requesting and showing interest so let them pay what we want.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by miser
    I think Little is worth the 25th overall pick in the draft.
    But miser, if we only got, say 2 seasons out of the 25th overall pick, wouldn't we be screaming how that pick was a bust?

In essence that is what the trading team would be getting........a 34-year-old (ie a couple of seasons at best) for the 25th overall pick. We wouldn't accept that, why would another team?

You mention Manu. In that trade, the Chargers gave up a 4th round pick for a 26-year-old blocking TE with a low cap number. He wasn't spectacular but he was established and the Chargers could easily get another 6 or 7 years out of that trade. In Little however, they are getting a 34-year-old DE who may have only a year or two left in him.

Hard as it may be to believe, to a lot of teams, Manu's trade could very well bring HIGHER value to the Rams than a potential Little trade.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

But miser, if we only got, say 2 seasons out of the 25th overall pick, wouldn't we be screaming how that pick was a bust?

In essence that is what the trading team would be getting........a 34-year-old (ie a couple of seasons at best) for the 25th overall pick. We wouldn't accept that, why would another team?

You mention Manu. In that trade, the Chargers gave up a 4th round pick for a 26-year-old blocking TE with a low cap number. He wasn't spectacular but he was established and the Chargers could easily get another 6 or 7 years out of that trade. In Little however, they are getting a 34-year-old DE who may have only a year or two left in him.

Hard as it may be to believe, to a lot of teams, Manu's trade could very well bring HIGHER value to the Rams than a potential Little trade.
    That's just the thing. We're not talking about a deal with a team looking for a long-term upgrade. That kind of deal gets done in the off-season. The kind of move that happens mid-season is when a team feels like it has to do something to upgrade right now. It'd be another team initiating the deal with the expectation that they were getting a player who might make the difference between a Super Bowl run or not.

And if we did get a rookie who came in and was one of the best players at his position for two or three years and helped us to a championship, but that was it, I wouldn't call that a bust. That would be like drafting Terrell Davis, who only had four good years but will be remembered in Broncos history as a player who helped put them over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by fleece
    That's just the thing. We're not talking about a deal with a team looking for a long-term upgrade.
    Ding, ding, ding......yes, fleece, that is EXACTLY the thing! One team (therefore, one fanbase as well) will usually always have to bite a pillow on these deals, simply because one team NEEDS the trade more than the other. That's why I said elsewhere that 4 teams....Indy, Jax, Washington, & Denver.....meet the terms of ability to win RIGHT NOW and a lack of pass rush. To those teams, the Rams could garner more for Little than with other teams.

Having said that, I still would be shocked to see any team give up a 1st round (really even a 2nd round) for a DE that will offer maybe half a dozen sacks this season and maybe 8-10 next year, then hang 'em up.

But that's just me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12