RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

LIVE Report from Rams vs. Titans - 8/9

I am tired! Any particular questions? Just ASK!

Hello all. I just got back from watching the Titans and Rams go at it live and in person. I got a great deal on a pair of FRONT ROW seats in section 108 (right by the visitor's tunnel) and gladly took advantage of it. I must say, it was quite an experience watching from that close. From a positive standpoint, I got to interact with some players and see some action close up. From a negative standpoint, it's VERY difficult to watch plays develop and get a really good view of the action when you are at field level. I spent a good part of the evening watching on the screen.

Arrived at LP field at 5:00 pm and they were just opening the doors. Me and my girlfriend took our seats and scanned the field to see O.J., Fakhir, Leonard Little, Big O, and a few others stretching and running a little. Marques Hagans appeared from the tunnel and came over and signed our hats. Very nice guy, posed for a few photographs. I was able to get O.J.'s attention and he came over and signed also. He's very shy but was more than glad to sign for Ram's fans and even some Titan's fans. Fakhir came over and signed also, again a very nice guy. Couldn't get Little's attention and Pace refused to sign. Torry came out for a few, also came over and signed our hats, and quickly bolted off.

Close to game time, we caught Al Saunders walking by. He came over, signed our hats, and talked for a few minutes. I told him we were glad to have him back in town, he seemed genuinely happy to hear so. He asked where we were from, commented on how nice my hometown is (Huntsville, Alabama), thanked us for coming out to support the Rams, and went about his way. Linehan and Haslett signed a few, but couldn't get their attention.

Game time - 81 degrees, clear.

Attendance - 69714 PAID, about 55000 actual. Roughly 2500 Ram's fans.

Again, hard to get a good grasp on everything that went on, as it was difficult to see alot of the action, but here is a quick analysis position by position:

Quarterbacks - Bulger looked rough. He threw off his back foot a few times, and everything looked rush. His body language was fine before the snap. I cannot pinpoint what his problem was. The INT was partially his fault: he threw the pass to Leonard a bit hard, but it was catchable. Green replaced him and did nothing of note. Berlin was next and he looked solid if not very good. He moved around the pocket well and took what the defense would give him. The 47 yard strike to Looker was a thing of beauty after a great pump fake. Gradowski looked ok, and made one niee scramble. Nothing to really note about his throws.

Running Backs - Leonard was very ordinary and let the pass go through his hands for the INT. Pittman made an awesome decision to bounce to the outside on the touchdown run. Even with that, I cannot see him carrying the load. He isn't very explosive and I just am not sold on his instincts and skills quite yet. Travis Minor was, well, Travis Minor. All the backs were TERRIBLE on blitz pickup. Pittman whiffed worst of all on one where he could have prevented a sack.

Wide Receivers - Looker was the standout, catching everything in sight. Bennett was solid. Burton was EXTREMELY dissapointing, dropping two catchable balls. Caldwell looked ok.

O-Line - Bad performance. If this is what we are going to get out of PAce, it might be time to look for replacements. All the pressure on Bulger seemed to be coming from his side. This unit really didn't open any holes, and barely give our guys time to pass. Alot of movement was required by the QB's to get to a safe position.

Defense - Horrid to a point where I cannot even discuss it. Tackling was horrific. Watch the highlights to see Vince Young destroy us on a long run, very reminisent of the Romo run to me, except we never had him contained. Secondary never looks back to see the ball: I don't know if they are taught this or what. Fakhir is good at it, the others are not. One time Macklin had his back turned to the WR on an incompletion and he jumped around like a fool as if he had done something. No pressure on the QB from the D-Line. Only one sack, split between Culberson and McGarigle.

INJURIES - Bennett had ice on his knee and was gimpy. Justin King has a hyperextended toe and he was wearing an air cast. Hall has a gimpy ankle, again. Jerome Carter popped a hamstring.

After game - Everyone looked dejected. Hall came over to sign the hats and was noticably gimpy. Tye Hill and Barron were total pricks: they had plenty left to come greet some Titan's fan they knew sitting next to us, yet couldn't take a second to sign our hats. I will never understand why some people are like that.

Overall, am I a little deflated? Yes. However, it's just the first preseason game and doesn't mean alot. I didn't like the effort and intensity that I saw. I think some of this has to do with where we are training. I am afraid that the coaches are practicing these guys at the same pace they did in St. Louis . With the weather being much cooler up there, I don't think the conditioning is there.

I am tired! The world is not ending guys. Geez, it's just one game.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: LIVE Report from Rams vs. Titans - 8/9

I hope the team picks up in the next few weeks. We really need it.

However, thats awesome that you got some autographs man! I cant wait to go december 7th to phoenix. It'll be my first Rams game ever.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Nice Report!!

Sounds like you could see quite a bit from a somewhat lacking vantage point.

Sounds like Bulger has completely lost his confidence from the beatings he has taken over the past few seasons. Could be compared to race car drivers that get seat gap from bad wrecks.

Pace has always been lazy when it comes to camp and preseason.

Yes, it is the first preseason game, however, I don't like the sound of poor conditioning, effort and intensity at this point. These were supposed to be areas of focus going into camp.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Worth mentioning, but from what I could tell, Goldberg looked great also! So dissapointed in Pace's performance ....

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Worth mentioning, but from what I could tell, Goldberg looked great also! So dissapointed in Pace's performance ....
    Pace looks out of shape, I notice his gut has added another tire around the middle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]