Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Alec22 is offline Registered User

Re: Live streaming feed of Rams/whiners

i had the same problem last week la rammer, and i couldnt figure it out.

rampete Guest

for those of you that are not familiar with this streaming program...

the tvu player is rather poor in image quality, so switching the link to your windows media player will improve it...

while the tvu player is streaming the channel of your choice, open the wmp and go to file to select "open url" or hit "ctrl+U". once you see the open box just copy and paste this:

http://127.0.0.1901/

oh, brother... it's http://127.0.0.1: 8901 (no space between colon and 8)

you should now see the same feed on your wmp. go to "view" then "enhancement" then "video" to improve your video image.

recording the feed is another story...it's easy but you may need several gb of available space on your hd...

i haven't tried it using the internet explorer but it works on the firefox...

after you have your wmp running the channel you intend to record, launch the firefox and type in the same link above in the address box and hit Go...
    you should see the option box to save to disk...this will save the streaming video on your hard drive.
    you can use the pause button in the same option box to do rudimentary editing to cut out commercials.

downloading can be stopped by closing the tvu player and/or wmp. the saved filed will be issued a random name.(just be sure you know where you're saving the download. it should tell you in the bottom of the option box) you can edit the file name and add .wmv at the end in order to play it on your wmp...for example: ramsgame.wmv
    ps: once you stop the tvu player and/or wmp i noticed it takes a few minutes sometimes to really disconnect you from the streaming feed...you may not be allowed to edit the file name during that lag...just wait or restart your pc to circumvent that...
    Last edited by rampete; -09-17-2006 at 12:13 PM. Reason: more detailed info.

rampete Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    how do i fix?
    depends on what firewall program is running on your pc...

the easiest solution is to turn off your firewall but still have your virus protection on...unless you have alot of sensitive info on your hd...

otherwise, you'll have to know your way around the firewall program to disable or remove the element in the http port list...

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Nice job rampete, works like a charm. I can't wait for kickoff.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ramstiles is online now Registered User

yeah it works for me its great thanks ramsanddogers

Milan Guest

Rampete, it says that WMP cant play the file cause a network error occurred.

Also when I type it into firefox it gives me this:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1: 8901 (I didn't put a space between the colon, it just gives me the mask image)

Nevermind I got it.
    Last edited by Milan; -09-17-2006 at 11:19 AM.

Milan Guest

Which channel should I select on the left on TVU for the game? 10011 FOX?

rampete Guest

yes, the fox channel is scheduled to carry the rams/niners game today...

CanadianRam! Guest

thx RnD...really appreciate it!

Chiledog Guest

Hey LA Rammer, have you had any success yet? I have the same issue: I can see the player, read the list of channels, but cannot get any of them to start. It just says "Ready" under the screen. I turned off my firewall, but still won't work.

Man this is frustrating. So close, and yet so far away from seeing a Rams' game.

RamOfDenmark Guest

Thanks guys, it worked beautifully for me. I was able to watch it all live, awesome!

Milan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Thanks guys, it worked beautifully for me. I was able to watch it all live, awesome!
    Ditto, though at the end there were some frame rate and buffering issues, but only for the last four or so minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12