Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By C-Mob 71

Thread: Lloyd Comments On Role With Rams/Jackson

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Lloyd Comments On Role With Rams/Jackson

By Mike Sando
    November 2, 2011

St. Louis Rams fans looking to get a feel for receiver Brandon Lloyd should check out Lloyd's appearance on the Doug Gottlieb Show.

Two highlights:

•Lloyd on his production with the Rams so far: "This isn't a a celebration for me and my athletic ability. I'm at the stage where I'm trying to get into a playoff game and see how I perform on that stage. I am just a piece to help everyone achieve what we are trying to achieve. We are trying to get this season on the right track. Catching all those passes last year and getting all those yards was fun as hell, don't get me wrong. But I'm more concerned with getting into the playoffs as soon as possible at this stage of my career."

•Lloyd on seeing Steven Jackson for the first time: "I was like, 'Man, 'Jack' looks like a superhero.' It's impressive to see a team's No. 1 leader take care of his body and prepare the way he does. It definitely made me rethink the way I prepare for these games. His intensity, his attention to detail, he knows the plays inside and out. There are no issues with Steven Jackson. It definitely makes you play better, elevate your play."

Lloyd sounds playful during the interview and also showed his savvy in sidestepping a question about former Denver Broncos Tim Tebow.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Lloyd Comments On Role With Rams/Jackson

Just listened to the whole interview, its on Doug Gotlieb's site, and the more i hear from Brandon the more I fall in love with him.

For some reason I never liked Lloyd, I now realize this was due to extreme ignorance. I always assumed he was just a diva wr that somehow fell into a good year.

The guy is as humble as can be, and is an ultimate team first guy. He could have easily thrown the Broncos under the bus, could have easily complained about getting traded to a winless team. Instead he is acting like the ultimate pro, and will do all he can to help us win games. Certainly is at the top of my offseason to do list, not that we are anywhere close to be thinking about the offseason mind you!
    HoustonRam and rNemesis like this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Lloyd Comments On Role With Rams/Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Just listened to the whole interview, its on Doug Gotlieb's site, and the more i hear from Brandon the more I fall in love with him.

For some reason I never liked Lloyd, I now realize this was due to extreme ignorance. I always assumed he was just a diva wr that somehow fell into a good year.

The guy is as humble as can be, and is an ultimate team first guy. He could have easily thrown the Broncos under the bus, could have easily complained about getting traded to a winless team. Instead he is acting like the ultimate pro, and will do all he can to help us win games. Certainly is at the top of my offseason to do list, not that we are anywhere close to be thinking about the offseason mind you!
    Not saying this is the real reason, but I believe he needs to be seen and heard as the ultimate team player right now because he'll need to either resign with the Rams next year, or sign on somewhere else. It would be unwise for him to act the diva with a new contract offer at stake. With that in mnd, of course he's going to say and do all the right things, if he has a brain in his head. Granted many of the prima-dona diva WR's in the NFL don't have that brain, but apparently, Lloyd does.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968