Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Llyod will go with McDaniels

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Llyod will go with McDaniels

Just heard in a jim thomas interview Lloyd said he is going with McD. So if spags is fired he will likely be gone too so that will leave us with 2 wr spots to be filled. Oh boy...

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Re: Llyod will go with McDaniels

Yet another reason to keep Spags and McD.....

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I would rather keep Spags and lose McD. Lloyd is not worth keeping McD. If both go, I understand, but I think we go backwards before going forwards if we get rid of Spags.

gap
    TekeRam likes this.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It could go the other way. Kroenke might release Spags and try to retain McDaniels.

Its McDs first year, with no off-season to impliment his system! Its insane to let him go...
    TekeRam and Systemlangstaff like this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quite frankly McD has done absolutely nothing to justify his hefty salary. And if Lloyd doesn't want to play for anyone but his boy McDaniels, then so be it. But I think that says something about his character a bit.

Erm McD had no off-season to impliment anything. Bradford got injured, often, and when he did play he didnt exactly set the world alight, we have sub standard receivers, Amendola and Salas went down. Lloyd wants to stay with McD because he knows how to use him, i see people on here wanting a playmaker even with character issues because they want the talent, so what if he wants to stay with McD, hes not going out shooting himself in the leg in a nightclub or selling drugs etc.

Maybe, just maybe we could look past the situations that the coaches cannot control...

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Quite frankly McD has done absolutely nothing to justify his hefty salary. And if Lloyd doesn't want to play for anyone but his boy McDaniels, then so be it. But I think that says something about his character a bit.
    Is character? He was basically a no name reciever with the niners, then he goes to denver with mcd and is productive in his 2nd season there and then is productive here.... Mcd pretty much saved his career i think i would follow him too. I think he understands the system fits him and he wont get buried on a depth chart with Mcdaniels. And Lloyd has been labeled a guy that will complain if he isnt getting the ball
    TekeRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Erm McD had no off-season to impliment anything.
    Um, no one did. A lot of teams were able to implement new systems with success

Bradford got injured, often, and when he did play he didnt exactly set the world alight, we have sub standard receivers, Amendola and Salas went down.
    Hmm I wonder why McD didn't alter his gameplan for the injured Bradford? Sub standard receivers? I wonder who asked for them?

Lloyd wants to stay with McD because he knows how to use him, i see people on here wanting a playmaker even with character issues because they want the talent, so what if he wants to stay with McD, hes not going out shooting himself in the leg in a nightclub or selling drugs etc.

Maybe, just maybe we could look past the situations that the coaches cannot control...
    Ok. I know why Lloyd wants to stay with McD, I just think its weak he doesn't want to prove himself in other offenses. I don't blame him for it, but its weak nonetheless. I haven't heard one good reason to keep McD other than the "I'm too scared Bradford can't learn another offense" one.

Um, no one did. A lot of teams were able to implement new systems with success .

It is well known McD runs a complicated system. Who cares what other teams did.

Hmm I wonder why McD didn't alter his gameplan for the injured Bradford? Sub standard receivers? I wonder who asked for them?.

Ask McD. Maybe he had more faith in him than Feeley and Clemens, Bradford just wasnt ready.

Ok. I know why Lloyd wants to stay with McD, I just think its weak he doesn't want to prove himself in other offenses. I don't blame him for it, but its weak nonetheless. I haven't heard one good reason to keep McD other than the "I'm too scared Bradford can't learn another offense" one.
    Maybe weak, maybe smart. I can think of many players who are system players, played well in one, not so well in another. Are they weak because they cant play in every system? Its smart to want to be with someone who understands and will utilise your skills
    Last edited by Bing69; -01-01-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

At the end of the day (season) Josh McDaniels and the offense did not produce...McD playbook is complicated and is proven effective (in NE and DEN)

At this point u can give the excuse of injuries and no off-season but that still is out weighed by how disappointing this season has been as a Rams fan i just hope kronke does the right thing

I still believe in McD i just dont if our next head coach will

EDIT: we should not keep McD just to keep Lloyd

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't blame him for it, but its weak nonetheless.
    You might call it weak. I'd call it loyal. He has been with our team all of 11 weeks. Why would we expect him to be more loyal to the franchise that traded for him than the man who helped him resurrect his career?
    TekeRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    You might call it weak. I'd call it loyal. He has been with our team all of 11 weeks. Why would we expect him to be more loyal to the franchise that traded for him than the man who helped him resurrect his career?
    I didn't mean its weak for Lloyd to stick with McD over the Rams, I mean its weak for him to stick with McD over anybody. Would he rather play for his boy than play for a contending team? If so that's stupid.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    It is well known McD runs a complicated system. Who cares what other teams did.

Ask McD. Maybe he had more faith in him than Feeley and Clemens, Bradford just wasnt ready.

Maybe weak, maybe smart. I can think of many players who are system players, played well in one, not so well in another. Are they weak because they cant play in every system? Its smart to want to be with someone who understands and will utilise your skills
    lol right who cares what other teams did. It's not like the point of the NFL is to compete with other teams. Oh wait a second.

I really can not believe people are still advocating keeping Spags. Are you people never going to learn? Spags had the 2nd worst winning percentage of all time. Do you get that? Every team plays through injuries. Every team had to deal with the lockout. Mcdaniels system isn't any more complicated than the average NFL system.

Either way it's not going to matter. Spags is gone, Devaney is gone and Mcdaniels is gone. They all deserved to go and kroenke made the right move. If Lloyd wants to leave then so be it. No ones going to give him big money and at this point Mcdaniels probably won't even be able to get an offensive coordinator position.
    macrammer and Fettmaster like this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    At the end of the day (season) Josh McDaniels and the offense did not produce...McD playbook is complicated and is proven effective (in NE and DEN)

At this point u can give the excuse of injuries and no off-season but that still is out weighed by how disappointing this season has been as a Rams fan i just hope kronke does the right thing

I still believe in McD i just dont if our next head coach will

EDIT: we should not keep McD just to keep Lloyd
    Mcdaniels Denver squad was 18th in scoring last year and 20th in scoring the year before. To say he had proven success with Denver is silly and let's not act like he was the one who built that NE offense. That was Weis system and Weis had just as much to do with that success. That's like saying Switzer was an elite coach because he took over the most talented football team in the NFL and let them do their thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast