Monday, November 1, 2004

DT Tyoka Jackson

(On if he would’ve liked to be playing an undefeated Patriots team)
“It would have been cool for the headlines and everything, but it really doesn’t matter. It really doesn’t matter what their record is, what matters is what our record is. Right now we are 4-3 and that’s not good enough. We want to be 5-3 next week, it is as simple as that. And to be honest, they won’t care (if they are undefeated or not), or what our record is. They are coming in here to try and get a win. It’s going to be two tough teams coming in, and it’s is going to be a battle.”

(On if he watched the Steelers beat the Patriots)
“Oh, yeah. Pittsburgh played a heck of a game. I think what they did was the blueprint (on how to beat the Patriots). They made them turn the ball over, got points early, and made them one-dimensional.”

(On if he is 100 percent healthy)
“I don’t know if I’m 100 percent. We’ll see exactly where I am today. I plan on doing everything (in practice). I feel really good, though. I ran full speed all during the bye week. I didn’t go anywhere. I spent my bye week right here.”

TE Cameron Cleeland

(On Patriots’ head coach Bill Belichick)
“He’s one of the most respected coaches. I respect him more than anything. He was one of the guys that gave me a shot to come back and play after I had my two Achilles (injuries), so I owe him a lot.”

(On putting the loss to Miami behind him)
“That seems like it was a month ago now. We’re ready, we are focused, and we have guys healthy again. We’re getting ready to make a run at this. We have some games ahead of us, we have a tough stretch , and we need to put some wins together.”

S Tod McBride

(On signing with the Rams)
“I just want to thank the coaching staff here for the opportunity, and hopefully I can contribute. I’ll be playing free safety. I played corner for five or six years now, but now I can finally go back to the middle (of the field) and I should be fine.”

(On playing with S Aeneas Williams)
“Anytime you can play with a future Hall of Famer (it’s great). I will defiantly pick his brain and try to get the system as quickly as possible. At the same time, just learn from all of the DBs and all of the secondary, in terms of what we need to get done, and where I need to fit in.”