schut39 is offline Registered User

Look for Jackson to give 110%

I believe that Steven Jackson is going to be working extra hard this week because he knows that he is getting close to the 1,000 yard mark once again. He will need to rush for 118 yards to reach 1,000 on the season. If he wants to have a big game, now is his time to do it. The Falcons are ranked 21st against the run and allow an average of 122 yards rushing each game.

If you look at the past few weeks, Steven rushed for 94 yards against a top-ten ranked Miami rush defense. A couple weeks later, he rushed for 91 yards against the 20th ranked Seattle rush defense. Then, he rushed for 108 yards against the 15th ranked Whiners.

All of those teams have better rush defenses than Atlanta does currently according to statistics and he got over 90 rushing yards in each. This game is different though, him getting 1,000 yards rushing all depends on how he runs the ball on Sunday and he knows it. I expect Jackson to break 100 yards and maybe even bust a huge gain sometime throughout the game. I'm looking for Steven to have a big game.

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

Re: Look for Jackson to give 110%

The fact that Jackson could hit the 1,000 yard mark missing multiple games two years in a row is pretty nice. Now, just think about the numbers he'd put up a full season...very 06-ish.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    I believe that Steven Jackson is going to be working extra hard this week because he knows that he is getting close to the 1,000 yard mark once again. He will need to rush for 118 yards to reach 1,000 on the season. If he wants to have a big game, now is his time to do it. The Falcons are ranked 21st against the run and allow an average of 122 yards rushing each game.

If you look at the past few weeks, Steven rushed for 94 yards against a top-ten ranked Miami rush defense. A couple weeks later, he rushed for 91 yards against the 20th ranked Seattle rush defense. Then, he rushed for 108 yards against the 15th ranked Whiners.

All of those teams have better rush defenses than Atlanta does currently according to statistics and he got over 90 rushing yards in each. This game is different though, him getting 1,000 yards rushing all depends on how he runs the ball on Sunday and he knows it. I expect Jackson to break 100 yards and maybe even bust a huge gain sometime throughout the game. I'm looking for Steven to have a big game.

i dont see him making an extra effort because of the fact he needs to get those yards to make 1,000..because when he is physically able to perform/allowed to go out there he gives his all every game. IMO anyway..

for what seems like years a lot of people have been saying Bulger needs to play behind a good line to perform to a Par standard..
    imagine Jax behind the line of the quality that the other elite RB`s have/had...please get a top line before its too late for Jax to take advantage of it B.V!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Individual numbers mean nothing to me at this point. We needed Jackson to be productive and healthy earlier in the year and he wasn't. Injuries happen, and the Rams' problems don't all rest on his shoulders, but he hasn't been the stud we've needed him to be after his monster 2006 season, when he decided to foolishly boast he'd get 2000 yds. in "07.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

I think individual numbers mean something to Jackson. The guy has a huge ego. He has lambasted the fans and complained about not getting the ball enough under Martz. He also got into it with Marshall. Although I can't say for sure as I don't know who was more at fault for that. The one thing I do know is he has been unable to stay healthy and needs to continue to work on trying to be a power back and not revert back to his old ways of dance fever. He also needs to continue to work on his blocking. With all that said I don't care how big Jacksons ego is as long as it don't affect the team. I don't think it has yet although I am not sure. As long as it don't affect the team then I don't care how big it is as long as he can stay healthy and produce on the field.

Jacksons best year yards from scrimmage wise was 2006 2334 yards when Stephen Davis was here to mentor him and his next best was 2005 1366 yards. He started lowering his pads and being more of a power back. I also like the fact that they used him more in the passing game. IF he proves he can be durable enough I would like to see them get him more involved in the passing game again. This year I saw him drop several catchable balls but some of that could be lack of use.

For the Rams to have a big turn around they need several current players to improve. They need Jackson to remain healthy and durable, block better, not revert to his bad habits of dancing at the line of scrimmage and become a threat again in the passing game.

I hope his attitude and durability do not get in the way of the Rams success. If there is a guy around that is always saying look at me it can wear on the rest of the team. At this point I don't think his attitude is a problem but I could see that type of attitude coming from him. He often speaks before thinking.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -12-26-2008 at 11:25 AM.

maineram is offline Registered User

If Atlanta get's up by 10-14 pojnts early, Jackson won't get more than 10 - 12 carries the entire game. Saunders will, pass, pass and pass again in this situation.

And the defense knows this like everyone knows this.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

DistantRam is offline Registered User

How many times will he be given the ball, though? Jackson doesn't call the plays.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I certainly hope he breaks 1000. It'd be something us fans can look forward to at the end of the season.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    I believe that Steven Jackson is going to be working extra hard this week because he knows that he is getting close to the 1,000 yard mark once again.
    Thar's why he was so pumped in last weeks game to get the ball!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I certainly hope he breaks 1000. It'd be something us fans can look forward to at the end of the season.
    Not really I could care less about Jacksons personal goals. It would not make me feel the least bit better about this season to see him get 1000 yards especially when he has missed 4 games and was playing injured in other games. Jackons durability still concerns me going forward. Jackson getting 1000 yards don't mean much to me him being durable does. It don't matter what stats he puts up the rest of his career if he starts being out for 3 or 4 games or playing at half speed due to injury a year it will kill this team. There are only 16 games in a season we need a healthy productive back.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I think he gives 110% every game he plays period. Everyone involved with this team, fans players coaches, etc; had a difficult season and it'd be especially good to go out on a positive note with a nice big win. Him breaking the 1000 yd mark again would be extra.