Pariah is offline Registered User

Look out for the Cardinals!

...okay, maybe not this year, but next year they might give the Rams (and the rest of the league) reason for concern.

(disclaimer: I'm a Cards fan checking out your site)

Still, I think they have a (very slim) chance of surprising teams this year--Rams included. The Arizona defense is going to be better than people think (Starks and Macklin at CB and Berry and Dockett on the D line finally starts sounding like a legit NFL defense), and if Johnson and Fitz are healthy, the offense should be able to move the ball through the air.

Anyway, I'm not trying to smack talk--I'm not picking the Cards by any stretch, but they might start surprising some teams with stiffer competition than they're expecting.

The Rams' offense should still have field days if your o-line can hold up, it's your defense that I think is the big question mark--and not because of the personell. Larry Marmie runs the softest schemes I've ever seen at ANY level.

Anyhoo, flame away!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Look out for the Cardinals!

No reason to flame. We're happy you're here.

In fact, its an honor to have 50% of the Cardinal fans in the country visit us.

Maybe the other one will come by some day. :redface:

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    In fact, its an honor to have 50% of the Cardinal fans in the country visit us.

Maybe the other one will come by some day. :redface:
    I just had a son, so now I only represent 33.3%.

Man, some people just don't keep up with current events.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Pariah
    ...okay, maybe not this year, but next year they might give the Rams (and the rest of the league) reason for concern.

(disclaimer: I'm a Cards fan checking out your site)

Still, I think they have a (very slim) chance of surprising teams this year--Rams included. The Arizona defense is going to be better than people think (Starks and Macklin at CB and Berry and Dockett on the D line finally starts sounding like a legit NFL defense), and if Johnson and Fitz are healthy, the offense should be able to move the ball through the air.

Anyway, I'm not trying to smack talk--I'm not picking the Cards by any stretch, but they might start surprising some teams with stiffer competition than they're expecting.

The Rams' offense should still have field days if your o-line can hold up, it's your defense that I think is the big question mark--and not because of the personell. Larry Marmie runs the softest schemes I've ever seen at ANY level.

Anyhoo, flame away!
    Welcome aboard. I wish we had a few more from other team's drop in ever so often.

I too think the Cards are on their way up and certainly better than their 4-12 mark last year. Earlier I predicted a 3rd place finish at 7-9 for them. However, two of those 9 losses will be at the hands of the Rams.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

You have some credibity with me, Marmie needs to rhyme with mamma, cuz my mamma runs tougher defensive schemes in the kitchen to keep me away from the cookie jar.

Why did martz go with Mammie? :tongue:

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Sorry! I know cuz Marmie rhymes with Lovie.. Now you gotta admit that is sweeeettt!!!

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaRamFan
    Sorry! I know cuz Marmie rhymes with Lovie.. Now you gotta admit that is sweeeettt!!!
    Hehe LOL :ramlogo:

Good win for the Rams. If you guys can cut down on the msitakes, you'll be tough to beat.

This game could have gone either way despite a completley lopsided yardage ratio. If The Cards hadn't held on the interception play that was returned for a TD, this might have ended up a 17-9 game. That penalty was a 15-point swing (the Cards lost 7, the Rams got 8).

When we meet again it should be another good game. I suspect the Cardinals offense will be in better sync with each other, and I think this defense will continue to make big plays and get better at stopping the run.

I'll be back the week before the next Rams/Cards contest. This week I'm off to the Pats' board.

Adios, fellow football fanatics.

-Pariah

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

If The Cards hadn't held on the interception play that was returned for a TD
    ...then Manu makes the catch. The only reason that pass wasn't completed, IMO, was because Manu was being held. If he wasn't held, then I don't think you're looking at an interception.

Anyways, the Cardinals have a talented young receiving core that will probably test our secondary for years to come. If McCown has time in the pocket, I think he can be an efficient quarterback. The Rams will definitely have to bring it up a notch and cut down on mistakes if they expect to go to Arizona and win. You guys play hard at home.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    ...then Manu makes the catch. The only reason that pass wasn't completed, IMO, was because Manu was being held. If he wasn't held, then I don't think you're looking at an interception.
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm not making excuses, or saying it was a bad call, or that it didn't affect the outcome; all I'm saying is that it was that close and that was a pivital point in the game.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not making excuses, or saying it was a bad call, or that it didn't affect the outcome; all I'm saying is that it was that close and that was a pivital point in the game.
    I definitely agree with that. I just don't think it's a pick if Manu isn't held. Whenever I watched the replay, it seemed as if the reason the defender was able to get a clear look at the ball was because Manu was being held back.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tanus is offline Registered User

I agree Nick.