Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Looked better today

I know, I know, I'm disapointed too. But we looked much better today than last week.

- Let me start by saying I was wrong about jumping to conclusions about Burton. He had a good game today

- We're still passing the ball too much. Jackson had some nice runs and we should have kept with it

- You can't blame Bulger for this loss. He was a little shaky early, but settled in and had a nice game

- On the play before the Avery fumble, Jackson had a HUGE hole if he just followed Karney. HUGE. Instead he bounced it outside and lost yards. He dances too much. When he puts his head down and follows his blockers he looks great. When he dances too much, he loses yards.

- We had a better pass rush today. Campbell is just really athletic, and tucked the ball down and ran. I thought we got in the QB's face a little better today than we did last week.

- We really needed those timeouts at the end of the game. Spags needs to fix the communication errors that are leading to our burned timeouts.

- Still too many penalties. Not as bad as last week, but still too many. This is on Spags too. He'll get it corrected

- Randy McMichael and Donnie Avery...seriously guys. McMichael can't block or catch. Avery dropped one or two today, and of course there was that BIG fumble that lost the game. He needs to learn to HOLD ON TO THE BALL INSTEAD OF DANCING FOR MORE YARDS!!!!!!

- Can't really blame Marc on that last drive. Where was the pass protection? Why didn't Avery try to come back to that ball on the last play?

Everything considered, I'm upset we lost but I'm excited at the same time. Every week were going to get better and better.

turfattack is offline Registered User

Re: Looked better today

Robinson had another good game and the opposing D once again changed their D to provide the safety help on him but Avery could not make them pay. I really think Burton needs to be #2 until Avery gets some confidence and shows he can hold on to the ball.

Keenum is offline Registered User

The direction and mindset we need to be in is to get better every week. Did we do that from last week to this week? Yes. Alright, I can take that. Now what we have to do is continue to get better every week. We must play better next week than we did this week. We must execute better next week that we did this week. If we do that, wins will come. It will just take some time to rebuild.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413
    - On the play before the Avery fumble, Jackson had a HUGE hole if he just followed Karney. HUGE. Instead he bounced it outside and lost yards.
    Yeah, He had a TD if he would have followed Karney. Anyone that was watching the telecast saw this as the play was reviewed by the fox team.

Then you get guys blaming the loss on Avery! How pathetic! I'm sure those individuals did not see the game. The fumble was just bad timing as he was coming down from catching the pass. He never had a good chance to tuck it away before the defenders head pops it out.

If you wanna blame anyone, then blame Jackson. Like Scott says the hole was HUGE and if he just follows Karney he scores.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=Ferter;304824]Yeah, He had a TD if he would have followed Karney. Anyone that was watching the telecast saw this as the play was reviewed by the fox team.

Then you get guys blaming the loss on Avery! How pathetic! I'm sure those individuals did not see the game. The fumble was just bad timing as he was coming down from catching the pass. He never had a good chance to tuck it away before the defenders head pops it out.

If you wanna blame anyone, then blame Jackson. Like Scott says the hole was HUGE and if he just follows Karney he scores.

It is NOT pathetic. I don't want to hear about timing: Donnie Avery needs to do a better job in that situation- period and end of story. A guaranteed field goal is on the table and he coughs it up. Can't happen.

This is not a case of me or others getting on a guy who made one mistake; Avery has demonstrated a propensity for poor ball security and was basically non-existent in this game. He's a 2nd round draft pick who has a year under his belt. It's time he starts stepping to the plate and helping out this football team this season.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Avery catches the ball and come down with it he then procedes to try to spin away from the tackle and it results in a fumble, it was his fault he had time to tuck it away. I am not saying that this lose is his fault. D let some big plays go and jackson missed a few holes but regardless that fumble was his fault.

TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by turfattack View Post
    Robinson had another good game and the opposing D once again changed their D to provide the safety help on him but Avery could not make them pay. I really think Burton needs to be #2 until Avery gets some confidence and shows he can hold on to the ball.
    Agreed, I really don't like Avery running routes either he seems to be scared of getting hit. I'd rather use him as a vertical threat. Robinson looked solid today and I wish we went back to Burton more.

Jackson had a solid running game. The offense was there we just picked the worst times to drop passes. Nice jump converting third downs too.

Rambunctious! is offline Registered User

At least the Rams were able to move the ball, and the Defense looked great when it counted, Of course the Packers won't falter in the red zone so easy so we had better do something to lessen the big plays against us.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thanks Scott! As soon as I saw this thread I opened it first, hoping it was for real, and I appreciate the view.

I know there's going to be much wailing, fussing and complaining (myself included) after today's loss but, again, nice to know we had some good looks during the game. We are most definitely rebuilding and suffering in the process. ...7 points in 8 quarters!?!

Now I'm on my way to GC's 'Good / Bad / Ugly' meeting although I'm a bit apprehensive of going there.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    It is NOT pathetic. I don't want to hear about timing: Donnie Avery needs to do a better job in that situation- period and end of story. A guaranteed field goal is on the table and he coughs it up. Can't happen.

This is not a case of me or others getting on a guy who made one mistake; Avery has demonstrated a propensity for poor ball security and was basically non-existent in this game. He's a 2nd round draft pick who has a year under his belt. It's time he starts stepping to the plate and helping out this football team this season.
    It IS pathetic! I'm sorry you are too sensitive to hear about bad timing. It happens throughout every game for both teams. There are no guarantees! Especially field goals. The closest you will ever get to a guarantee was the previous play when Jackson could have walked into the endzone had he not made a bonehead decision. A HUGE mistake as compared to the unfortunate timing of the Avery Play.

Jackson has demonstrated an ability to dance at the line of scrimmage and miss holes. Jackson was a first round draft pick and has many years plus a HUGE contract under his belt. Jackson needs to do a better job in that situation - period and end of story.

Once it starts, the individual blame game can work in many ways, and it IS pathetic when it comes as a knee-jerk reaction from fans.

Football is the ultimate TEAM game!

Once it starts, the individual blame game can work in many ways, and it IS pathetic when it comes as a knee-jerk reaction from fans.

but. but. Your first sentence was blaming jackson how can you yell at us for blaming ave.........*head asplodes*

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    but. but. Your first sentence was blaming jackson how can you yell at us for blaming ave.........*head asplodes*
    NO!

You mis-interpret my intent.

I'm not blaming Jackson for the loss like others are blaming Avery for the loss.

Also, I'm trying to deflect blame from Avery by showing that one can blame individuals all day long. The Jackson play just happens to be a prime example since it happened on the previous down to the Avery play.

Football is a TEAM game. The TEAM takes the loss or the win! Too many fans don't seem to understand this. I can only assume these fans have never played football on a TEAM, rather, they've only played the madden NFL video game.

NO!

Football is a TEAM game. The TEAM takes the loss or the win! Too many fans don't seem to understand this. I can only assume these fans have never played football on a TEAM, rather, they've only played the madden NFL video game.
    agreed football is a team game and the rams as a team failed today everyone deserves blame even if only a little. But all considered it is starting to look up for the organization, we had a strong outing today. Sorry for misinterpreting your post

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Pleasing thing was defence ... 9 points scored against. It is a start. Defence wins championships. Could have won the game but didn't .. i think we'll go into next week with some confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    agreed football is a team game and the rams as a team failed today everyone deserves blame even if only a little. But all considered it is starting to look up for the organization, we had a strong outing today. Sorry for misinterpreting your post
    No problem!

I agree we had a strong outing and things are looking up. It was a hard fought game by both teams and it could have easily went our way.

I did not see any signs of our Rams giving up as was often visible in prior years.

This is a good young TEAM with what looks to be a solid coaching staff. It is a work in progress and they only have one direction to go.....UP!

GO DEM RAMS!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast