Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Looked better today

- I appreciate Avery's effort. He just needs to focus a little more. On the kickoff return fumble last week, he was probably concentrating on what he was going to do with the ball next. This time, it looked like he was turning to try to get the first down. Likewise, on the penalties (holding last week, block in the back this week), he's trying to contribute but just needs to be more careful.

- In the meantime, Laurent Robinson is looking like our best receiver. He came through for us several times this game including a nice leaping catch for the TD. Hopefully, these are signs of even more good things to come.

- Bulger looked good today. He eluded pressure, threw sharp passes, and didn't get phased. A number of his incompletions were catchable balls.

- I'll agree that there were still too many penalties.

- The offensive line still has a lot of work to do.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Jackson has demonstrated an ability to dance at the line of scrimmage and miss holes. Jackson was a first round draft pick and has many years plus a HUGE contract under his belt. Jackson needs to do a better job in that situation - period and end of story.
    I agree Marc gets alot if heat for not making plays, Not sure if SJ scores but it was a hugh hole. Spags said last week SJ needs to make better reads. What will he say after that play?

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

I agree that, on the face of things, we looked bettert his week.

But then a lot of how a team does is determined by the caliber of the competition? I hae not seen or read anywhere where the Redskins were touted as any kind of 'force' this year.

Only giving up 3 field goals is a great start for our beleaguered team.

I was not able to see the game but tried to follow it in the Clan chatroom and through 'game breaks' in other games so I cannot speak to how any specific player or play looked.

I doubt any of us has ever seen a game where if 'so-and-so' had hit THAT hole instead of the one he did or if only 'fumble-fingers' had hung on the ball we woulda won. A QB can look great in a loss and can look fair-to-poor in a win.

The game is about taking advantage of opportunities when they present themselves and the team who does generally wins more often. Better teams CREATE more opportunities, so LET'S GET BETTER! A big part of that is mindset and I am still of a hope that Spags can take care of that.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

no We are mis-remembering/...

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

just saw this. Here is a screen capture of the last offensive play of the game for the Rams. 4th and 10

He should have dumped it off to Jax. I'm inclined to believe Jackson would have had at least 10 yards on that. I'm not blaming Marc for the loss. Like I said, I think he played pretty good yesterday, but this was a mistake. There was no need to heave a deep pass when all we needed was 10 yards to keep the drive going.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Thanks Scott!

I know there's going to be much wailing, fussing and complaining (myself included) after today's loss but, again, nice to know we had some good looks during the game. We are most definitely rebuilding and suffering in the process. ...7 points in 8 quarters!?!

Agreed about the we had some good looks I hoping we can get some confidence from this but I have to agree with Spags there is no moral victory’s in the NFL. 7 points in 2 games wow maybe some home cooking get that average up some.
    :ramlogo:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12