Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Looker hospitalized and more notes

Ram notes

Despite his two broken ribs, Marc Bulger will continue to be the Rams’ starting quarterback.
    Rams coach Scott Linehan said on Monday that Bulger will start against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome.
    “He is our quarterback, so if he’s not in the game, we feel like were not giving ourselves the best chance to win,’’ Linehan said.
    It’s logical to assume that the ribs are bothering Bulger as he has had two of the worst performances of his career over the past two weeks.
    Bulger had a passer rating of 42.7 as he completed 11 of 24 passes for 114 yards with no touchdowns and one interception in a 35-7 loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.
    Bulger had a passer rating of 35.6 in a loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week.
    Bulger had only one passer rating under 53.8 during his entire career coming into this season.
    “Certainly hindsight says that if he was 100 percent that he plays better, and that (backup quarterback) Gus (Frerotte) might play better healthy,’’ Linehan said. “I think he was feeling better and had a much better week of practice last week. Logic is sometimes not always the answer for a number of reasons. No. 1 is you have to go back on past experience with the player, and last year he played extremely well (with injured ribs). We have get him playing good again. He’s getting healthier, so hopefully it will happen. We haven’t gotten him off and running yet this year, and I take responsibility for that.’’
    -- Running back Steven Jackson already has been ruled out for the game against the Cardinals due to the partially torn groin muscle that he suffered against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sept. 23.
    -- Right tackle Adam Goldberg will be sidelined for at least four weeks due to a sprained MCL in his left knee.
    Linehan said the Rams are hoping that right guard Richie Incognito will be back from the high ankle sprain that has sidelined him since the second preseason game. That would enable Millford Brown to shift from right guard to right tackle to fill the spot vacated by Goldberg.
    -- Wide receiver Dane Looker remained hospitalized in Dallas with a badly bruised thigh.
    Linehan said Looker should be well enough to travel back to St. Louis by Wednesday at the latest, but he’s already been ruled out against the Cardinals.
    “It’s such a bad thigh bruise that there is no where for the blood to go, so they don’t want to get him in the air,’’ Linehan said.
    Punter Donnie Jones likely will serve as the holder on field goals and PATs with Looker sidelined.
    -- Wide receiver Isaac Bruce (strained hamstring), strong safety Corey Chavous (pectoral muscle), defensive end James Hall (pectoral muscle) and linebacker Raonall Smith (knee) all had MRIs on Monday afternoon, but the results weren’t known yet.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Re: Looker hospitalized and more notes

Rams are hoping that right guard Richie Incognito will be back from the high ankle sprain that has sidelined him since the second preseason game. That would enable Milford Brown to shift from right guard to right tackle to fill the spot vacated by Goldberg.
    Hmm, what about OT Brandon Gorin?

The way Wilkie has been performing, I hope Donny Jones is practicing non stop as the holder. Get well soon, Looker -- and everyone else!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Moving Milford Brown to right tackle is a positive?:x:x

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Punter Donnie Jones likely will serve as the holder on field goals and PATs with Looker sidelined.
    If at all possible I would like to see Jones become the permanent holder if he shows he can do a good job. No offense to Looker but I would like to see Hagans at least get a shot at WR, or at least get some regular season experience and see what Hagans has.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsbruce View Post
    If at all possible I would like to see Jones become the permanent holder if he shows he can do a good job. No offense to Looker but I would like to see Hagans at least get a shot at WR, or at least get some regular season experience and see what Hagans has.
    Sounds like a good, practical scenario. And I like Looker but...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I agree but for a different reason. If Jones can handle the holder position I would cut Looker loose and bring on an o-lineman. Even if he's nothing but a cardboard cutout.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Has anyone considered that he keeps trotting out Bulger because he really wants to use the "injury defense"? Instead of figuratively throwing Bulger under the bus, he is literally doing it. If he's not going to play Frerotte, can somebody tell me why in the blue blazes this team signed him?!

Oh...and if injured players are coming in now, Incognito should start this week. No questions asked.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Same here; this offense need to start being aggressive again.

Rams coach Scott Linehan said on Monday that Bulger will start against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome.
    “He is our quarterback, so if he’s not in the game, we feel like were not giving ourselves the best chance to win,’’ Linehan said.
    It's official, the man has quite obviously gone insane.
    Has he not seen the film from Sunday?
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Good grief! I didn't even mention Hall and Looker elsewhere...............:x

Everytime we line up we lose 2-3 people.

Starting Bulger is an easy one to second guess. I wouldn't but then Linehans back is against the wall and Bulger will have given him reasons to be cheerful I guess.

supachump is offline Registered User

This coach is an idiot. He only proves it week after week. How long are going to have to deal with him. I almost hope for a 0-16 year just to get rid of him.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't think he's playing Bulger so he can use the injury defense. I think he's just so desperate, he feels he can't afford not to play him. Still a bad decision.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Wilkins had better get a TON of reps with Jones in practice this week. Wilkins has already been struggling, and a new holder can mess up a kicker (hopefully in this place... turn him around).
    Does this also mean that Hagans will be active for the game? I'm eager to see him play.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I don't think he's playing Bulger so he can use the injury defense. I think he's just so desperate, he feels he can't afford not to play him. Still a bad decision.
    Desperate people would probably desperately change anything up, just so they can get something different to happen. Desperate people wouldn't run a turtle offense and hope something good would happen. But he's definitely making bad decisions right now.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Bulger gives us the best chance to win??? Your telling me that Linehan thinks that Bulger with two broken ribs is better than Ferrotte with no broken bones. What does this say about Ferrotte or what does this say about Linehan?
    Just Fix It

blood85 is offline Registered User

Hey Linehan, what the Heck are you doing???Do you want to end Bulgers career for good???Man, disgusting, what a moron.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast