Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    fearlessone is offline Registered User

Re: Looks like our redzone struggles are back.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    I was not able to neither hear nor see the game...

I am glad we came out of Green Bay with the victory AND beat the spread

Bulger again had fair-to-good numbers but the inability to complete a pass when it counts most (to maitain possession when the game is potentially on the line) is still a bug-a-boo for me... was he able to get the ball to the receivers and they dropped it or was he slightly in-accurate again in crunch time?GO RAMS!!:l
    Put it this way, when we needed a big play he delivered. Like on our second to last series he hit a receiver for a first down with us on our own 14 yard line on 3rd down.

He would have had a field day had he as much time as Favre had all day. Our O-line is inconsistent as was our playcalling during the last series, probably a huge reason we did not punch it in from the one earlier in the game.

Speaking of "bug a boo's" SJ was the poor recipient of a bad play called by SL and for some reason he ran it out of bounds on our last play before our last punt.

If he stays in bounds and our punter keeps the ball in play does the clock keep running until we "down" it?

IMHO a really bad series of plays called by our HC. It could cost us the game.

RND, our line had about 7 penalities in the second quarter and somehow Bulger kept his cool and kept us in the game as for awhile i thought we were going to get killed as Favre had all day!

FLO

Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: Looks like our redzone struggles are back.

RND, our line had about 7 penalities in the second quarter and somehow Bulger kept his cool and kept us in the game as for awhile i thought we were going to get killed as Favre had all day!
    I was unable to see or hear th e game so it is very dificult to get the "feel" of the game.

I don't disagree that Bulger is a good to very good QB and as I have said I wouldn't trade him for anyone just yet but I have yet to get the "warm fuxzzies" about his ability to consistently convert opportunities when a game is potentially on the line.

Any NFL starting QB should be able to convert wheh given a lot of time to survey the field but it is those who can convert under pressure who make a team better. I hold out hope Bulger can get to that level and will still cheer him on. I hope his tendency to show signs of the "Jimmy Everett Syndrome" can be cured...

RnD

GO RAMS!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12