dgr828 is offline Registered User

Los Carneros de San Luis Y Ocho Cinco de Cincinnati, 27 de Augusto (Jueves)

What better opponet to face in the key 3rd preseason game for the Rams, who go up against the Bengals in Cincinnati.
    Esteban "Ocho-Cinco" is sure to be the star attraction and he will desparately try to pull out all the stops to put on a show for the home crowd.
    Saint Louis came in like Lambs in their home openner against Atlanta.
    Maybe the Rams are a road team and will look to grab the 'Tiger by the tail' and get the upper hand against the Bengals, lead by coach Marvin Lewis.

Cincy's QB Carson Palmer like the Rams quarterback Marc Bulger is bothered by injuries and is unlikely to play.

The Rams will no doubt look to have better success against the run as they face the likes of the Bengals' RB Cedric Benson.

One wonders if Steven Jackson will get a full workout in the first half, as this is sure to be the last game he plays in before the regular season.

Looks like L Robinson has won a starting job at WR, but he'll have to learn to kick if he hopes to outshine "Ocho-Cinco".

Spags and the Bengals' Marvin Lewis are somewhat very similar, both won Superbowls as defensive coordinators and both have taken over teams going through dry spells as far as success is concerned.
    Coach Lewis has yet to turn it around in Cincinnati.

What will be the key things to look for in this matchup?

Who on the Rams needs to step up their game or be shown the door?

Will Boller prove himself to be a reliable backup as he becomes more accustom working with the 1st unit?

Will the Formerly Chad Johnson do something to bring more attention to himself and fill sports headlines for the next month?

YOUR Thoughts on this important game before regular season......

SAINT LOUIS RAMS @ CINCINNATI BENGALS
    AUGUST 27 (THURSDAY)
    Last edited by dgr828; -08-23-2009 at 04:06 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Los Carneros de San Luis Y Ocho Cinco de Cincinnati, 27 de Augusto (Jueves)

My opinions:

1. Jackson will once again play very little, probably because we want to keep him healthy for the regular season.

2. I'll just call him Chad. Chad will have a below average game against us as Bartell and our secondary shut him out, along with his teammates.

3. Gado will not have a great game, but I think Pittman and Darby will be pretty solid.

4. Laurent Robinson will continue to please everyone, and so will Burton. I'm also hoping one of our lesser known receivers comes out and makes us all remember his name. We have too many unknown young receivers, and its time a couple of them seperate themselves from the pack, and the rest will be cut when the season starts.

5. Our 1st team defense will finally start to look like a solid unit, as our D-line will force a lot of pressure on the QB. Our linebackers should also look pretty solid.

6. Tye Hill needs to start doing something. King and Wade and Quincy Butler need to step up.

7. I want to see Karney pulverize more people.

8. I want Boller out, and I want to see Null in more.

9. I want to see some of our young LBs step their game up, like Larry Grant, David Vobora, and Culberson.

10. Some of our DT's need to start seperating themselves from the rest of the pack too.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    My opinions:

1. Jackson will once again play very little, probably because we want to keep him healthy for the regular season.

2. I'll just call him Chad. Chad will have a below average game against us as Bartell and our secondary shut him out, along with his teammates.

3. Gado will not have a great game, but I think Pittman and Darby will be pretty solid.

4. Laurent Robinson will continue to please everyone, and so will Burton. I'm also hoping one of our lesser known receivers comes out and makes us all remember his name. We have too many unknown young receivers, and its time a couple of them seperate themselves from the pack, and the rest will be cut when the season starts.

5. Our 1st team defense will finally start to look like a solid unit, as our D-line will force a lot of pressure on the QB. Our linebackers should also look pretty solid.

6. Tye Hill needs to start doing something. King and Wade and Quincy Butler need to step up.

7. I want to see Karney pulverize more people.

8. I want Boller out, and I want to see Null in more.

9. I want to see some of our young LBs step their game up, like Larry Grant, David Vobora, and Culberson.

10. Some of our DT's need to start seperating themselves from the rest of the pack too.
    Agree 100% on Tye Hill, you can add Chris Long to that list!

Boller may rebound in this game, give him another shot.

Null is nice!

Disagree in regards to Steven Jackson, he should carry all the snaps for the 1st half, just to get him in game shape. He can sit out the last preseason game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I don't think Chad OchoCinco will have a big game this week but I bet he will have a comeback season. With Carson throwing him the ball and his new motivation I think he'll have a season like the old Chad Johnson. It also looked like he was making some nice plays in camp on the Bengals HBO training camp show.

I also don't want Steven Jackson playing more than 1 series. He just needs to stay healthy because the Rams are a completely different team with him on the field.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Just some stuff I'd like to see and/or comment about this game.

1. MOTIVATION. Spags said he blames himself for the team coming out flat last week. I want to see the offense come out confident, and the defense come out aggressive. I want to know these guys are putting forth a huge effort.

2. Running backs. I didn't get to see much of the game, but to me, it looked like Gado took a step back and Darby gained a bit of ground or at least didn't lose any more, while Pittman maintained. I'm basing this mostly off of stats and comments I've read. I'm not expected Jackson to play much again, so this needs to be the game where Darby, Pittman, Gado, or even somebody else steps up.

3. Tye Hill. I'd love to see him on Ocho Cinco. This would be a great test for him, and he will need it facing some talented WRs in the NFC West (Fitzgerald, Bruce, Boldin, T.J, maybe Crabtree). If he totally blows it, than Spags may be looking for someone else. No matter what, he needs to improve his ball awareness.

4. O-line to STEP UP. I don't care about injuries, there are no excuses anymore about poor pass protection. They should be prepared for "exotic" blitzes by now, and I am really looking for them to play a solid game overall.

5. D-line to STEP UP. Little did fine in that 1st game, but since then those guys have been pushed around. It's time to act like this is a real game and not get pushed around. Really focus on stopping the run this week.

6. Blitzes. I would expect us to start throwing some blitzes at teams now. Give Laurinaitis a chance to rush the passer, and Witherspoon chances at his new spot.

7. Back up QBs. Boller will get the start again, and now it's time for him to put together a few solid drives. I really want to be assured we have a capable backup in case Bulger isn't ready for the season, or if he goes down again. Also, give Berlin and Null a fair shot to battle it out, because Null has impressed several of us.

8. Robinson. Let's see if he can continue his hot streak. He has played very well this preseason, and could start opposite of Avery to open the year.

9. Injury free. Perhaps one of everybody's top wish in the preseason is to come out injury free. Here is to hoping that all of our guys come out of this one healthy, but also play a good game!