Curly Horns is offline Registered User

The Losing Combination

The lack of leadership from the coaches and players is very evident. It is that combination that is creating the losing and it will continue until leadership is somehow restored and confidence is regained.

I believe the Rams lost the team leaders they had about the same time of the linehan hiring. I'm not sure there were many leaders on the defensive side, but the offense lost most of the leaders on that side of the ball. Specifically; Faulk and the players along the offensive line that are now gone.

Bulger was never and is still not a leader and I believe this is now hurting the young offensive line. I really can't think of any leaders among the defense that the Rams lost and certainly none of the current players on that side have stepped up.

I think linehan grossly overlooked this fact and took an approach that leaders among the players would naturally evolve. This has not happened and I feel it is unlikely that the players will now turn to linehan to be the leader that they needed in the beginning.

The players on this roster are very fragile. They lack leadership, confidence, and the ability to overcome the slightest amount of adversity. I think it will take a strong presence between the coach and players to overcome what is now the losing combination.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: The Losing Combination

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    The lack of leadership from the coaches and players is very evident. It is that combination that is creating the losing and it will continue until leadership is somehow restored and confidence is regained.

I believe the Rams lost the team leaders they had about the same time of the linehan hiring. I'm not sure there were many leaders on the defensive side, but the offense lost most of the leaders on that side of the ball. Specifically; Faulk and the players along the offensive line that are now gone.

Bulger was never and is still not a leader and I believe this is now hurting the young offensive line. I really can't think of any leaders among the defense that the Rams lost and certainly none of the current players on that side have stepped up.

I think linehan grossly overlooked this fact and took an approach that leaders among the players would naturally evolve. This has not happened and I feel it is unlikely that the players will now turn to linehan to be the leader that they needed in the beginning.

The players on this roster are very fragile. They lack leadership, confidence, and the ability to overcome the slightest amount of adversity. I think it will take a strong presence between the coach and players to overcome what is now the losing combination.
    LOL, Bulger not being a leader is hurting the o-line that is funny. When it is in fact the lack of o-line talent that is hurting Bulger literally. How do any of you know what Bulger is like in the huddle? So he isnt stomping around the field screaming at everyone, that does not make him a leader. Joe Montana wasnt boisterous was he? How boisterous was Aikman? How about Kurt Warner was he yelling and screaming at team mates for playng badly, NO. Bulgers leadership isnt the issue. Maybe team leadership in the coaching staff is the issue hmmmm. The entire team is playing badly not just Bulger.
    Just Fix It

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

a cool ,calm and completely accurate summary of our current plight,ferter...i applaud you on your ability to think precisely so soon after such a shambolic performance from our beloved Rams!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Stephen Jackson

Torry Holt

Pace

Leonard Little

Chavous

Pisa

There was and is an adequate number of veteran leaders.

The front office mis-managed this team into the ground.
    They had many terrible drafts and then they hired Linehan and insisted he was the answer after everyone knew different.

Haslett is just collecting a check, IMO.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    You was on point on that, these players are fragile and the leadership is bad on coaching and players, only a change in the coaching can help now it will only get worse might as well make the change now.
    :ramlogo:

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    a cool ,calm and completely accurate summary of our current plight,ferter...i applaud you on your ability to think precisely so soon after such a shambolic performance from our beloved Rams!
    Thank you,

Sir Ramblin' Ram

LOL, Bulger not being a leader is hurting the o-line that is funny. When it is in fact the lack of o-line talent that is hurting Bulger literally. How do any of you know what Bulger is like in the huddle? So he isnt stomping around the field screaming at everyone, that does not make him a leader. Joe Montana wasnt boisterous was he? How boisterous was Aikman? How about Kurt Warner was he yelling and screaming at team mates for playng badly, NO. Bulgers leadership isnt the issue. Maybe team leadership in the coaching staff is the issue hmmmm. The entire team is playing badly not just Bulger.
    Bulger was placed in his position among a group of experienced players with built-in leaders. He really did not have to show strong leadership because it was already there with the players and Martz. Unfortunately those leaders are now gone.

I don't believe I said anything about yelling or screaming, but if that is what it takes to light a fire and to lead other young men then bulger needs to do so. If not he needs to find another approach. Pace is not a leader along the line. The players need a commanding presence. Montana did not need a screaming and yelling approach because he was surrounded by very talented players that looked up to his calm, cool and collected approach. Aikman was boisterous when he needed to be as was Warner.

I realize that every player on the roster is lacking in confidence and everyone is accountable. You certainly are free to believe what you wish, but the offense and defense is completely void of a leading presence among the players.

Jackson is not a leader. He had the chance to become a leader in training camp, but we all know what happened there. Holt might have been a leader at one time, now he is just a disgruntled veteran. Little, Pace, Chavous, Pisa are simply veteran players. They are not leaders and have never shown leadership qualities.