Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

A losing season...a perspective.

I have never experienced a season with less than a .500 record. I now know what the long-time Rams fans have lived through.
    It sucks. I must endure the tauntings of Hawks fans, Pats fans, Colts fans, and Broncos fans, among others. I'll wear my Rams jersey and have people pointing and laughing. My 'friends' will give me a lot of crap until next season.
    I will endure. I will not hang my head in shame. I will research the potential draft picks. I'll prognosticate on our chances for 2006.
    I will be proud. I will hold my head up. I will remember that this is only one year. I will wear the Blue and Gold.
    I will be a Rams Fan.
    And next year I will rub it in their faces...because I AM a RAMS FAN!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Re: A losing season...a perspective.

No....because your a RAMSFANSAM!.......

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    I have never experienced a season with less than a .500 record. I now know what the long-time Rams fans have lived through.
    You know I honestly have to say that I don't think this season has been as bad as a few of those seasons in the 90s. Don't get me wrong this season has been horrible, but all I can say to the 90s is wow that stunk.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    You know I honestly have to say that I don't think this season has been as bad as a few of those seasons in the 90s. Don't get me wrong this season has been horrible, but all I can say to the 90s is wow that stunk.
    you know, that's what's wierd. I read about the 90's, see the videos, and I cringe.
    I wasn't a Rams fan in the 90's. Why does it bother me so bad?
    Then again, why does watcing the '79 Rams make me hate the Steelers so much?

I can't explain it. But, even though I didn't follow the Rams back then, I still feel it.

Shoot me if I am wrong, but I guess the Rams are in my blood now. That might explain the Blue and Gold at the last blood drive...

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

It sucks. I must endure the taunting of Hawks fans, Pats fans, Colts fans, and Broncos fans, among others. I'll wear my Rams jersey and have people pointing and laughing. My 'friends' will give me a lot of crap until next season.
    I will endure. I will not hang my head in shame. I will research the potential draft picks. I'll prognosticate on our chances for 2006.
    I will be proud. I will hold my head up. I will remember that this is only one year. I will wear the Blue and Gold.
    Welcome to the long time suffering Rams fan club.
    I've been a fan since the late 70's and have taken verbal beatings for so long that in 99' I called all my friends to shove it in their face.
    Their is still some talent on this team and with a few good picks, some FA help, and the right coaching we will be back in the hunt next year.
    Keep the faith; go Blue and Gold! :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

The faith will never be gone, for there is always next season.

Ramfan2001 is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: A losing season...a perspective.

The faith will never be gone, for there is always next season.
    i dont mean 2 b a party pooper or anything but dont u lose faith when we get blown out. im sorry but after we lost the division i really havent been paying that much attention 2 the rams win some more games and the fire will b back

Quote Originally Posted by Ramfan2001
    i dont mean 2 b a party pooper or anything but dont u lose faith when we get blown out. im sorry but after we lost the division i really havent been paying that much attention 2 the rams win some more games and the fire will b back
    No, I don't lose faith. I knew we were not playing for a playoff spot, but I was still ready for the Rams today. Giving up faith in the Rams to me would be the same as rooting for another team.
    The interest is there. The win-loss record isn't.
    I think I'll give it 70 more seasons. If the Rams can't win another Super Bowl by then, I'll give up and die.

In other words...I don't watch the Rams only when they win. I'm a Rams fan no matter how bad they play...and I guess that makes me a masochist if the 90's are repeated.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I can remember Lott knocking down Everett's floated pass to Ellard in the '89 Championship game. We were 3-0 ahead at the time and everyone had us rated as the 2nd best team in football the only team who could rival the whiners. Then......30 points later it all fell apart and we were cannon fodder for nearly 10 years, and a hard 10 years. We were only just ahead of the Bungles in this period...........

But we stayed around hoping beyond hope we would turn the corner, and we did. From nearly worst to first in one single unforgettable season.

So don't lose hope, in any case once the Rams are in your veins they tend to stay there.

Angry Re: A losing season...a perspective.

No, I don't lose faith. I knew we were not playing for a playoff spot, but I was still ready for the Rams today. Giving up faith in the Rams to me would be the same as rooting for another team.
    The interest is there. The win-loss record isn't.
    I think I'll give it 70 more seasons. If the Rams can't win another Super Bowl by then, I'll give up and die.

In other words...I don't watch the Rams only when they win. I'm a Rams fan no matter how bad they play...and I guess that makes me a masochist if the 90's are repeated.
    again i dont mean 2 rain on ur little parade but u wont b alive in 70 years. ANd its not rooting 4 another team if i dont feel like watching a couple plays

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramfan2001
    again i dont mean 2 rain on ur little parade but u wont b alive in 70 years. ANd its not rooting 4 another team if i dont feel like watching a couple plays
    He wasn't trying to say that you were rooting for another team. He was only trying to say that he felt like HE would be if he weren't watching. It was something personal to himself. trust me, I have had to live with him for 6 and a half years, so I know first-hand.

Oh, BTW....don't write him off just yet....he's just mean enough to live to be 113. He's too mean to go....LOL....As a matter of fact, when I read this to him, he totally agreed....he says Heaven doesn't want him, and Hell is afraid he'll try to take over. He got that on a T-shirt as a gift many years ago.....
    Last edited by MOM; -12-18-2005 at 09:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

[QUOTE=RamsFanSam] Giving up faith in the Rams would be the same as rooting for another team.
    sounds 2 me like he said i was rooting 4 another team

Like the T-shirt slogan, reminds me of a T-shirt I saw a couple of years ago in the UK which asks the very important question:-

"Why did God invent beer?"

Answer:-

"To prevent prop forwards from taking over the world"

It's a rugby thing, but if you substitute 'Offensive linemen' for 'prop forwards' you get the idea.

Look, we'll be back in the playoffs next season, and the very fact that you are on this forum expressing your opinion when there are many othger things you could be doing says everything.

r u mad at me buddy. look ill take u man. lets fight

I don't get mad at much anymore....certainly not your goodself Sir. Besides you'd have trouble from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast