Thread: Losing trend?

ButterCup8119 is offline Registered User

Losing trend?

Hello everyone!
    I was thinking about the Rams and the current record, and especially yesterday's game. I do not want to stir up controversy, and I am sorry if I offended anyone with my "bandwagon fan" remark yesterday. I guess we were all upset about the game. I hate to see the Rams lose, and I am sure everyone else here does also.
    Anyways, what I am getting to in this post, does anyone here think that losing could be a trend? Meaning, if a team loses one week (badly), that they just don't play up to potential the week afterwards? Almost everyone thinks that the first Seahawks game last year (where the Rams made that awesome comeback) really started a downhill turn for Seattle's entire season. Could that still linger in the minds of Seattle's returning players? I have heard before that the game of football is 90% mental. I don't know if that is true, but if it is then all Rams fans should hope that our team can overcome yesterday's loss because we can all agree that for whatever reason, it was bad.
    I don't mean to sound negative or ramble. I just wanted to see what everyone thinks.
    I personally still think that on February 5th, 2006, I will be watching Mike Martz holding the Lombardi Trophy. GO RAMS!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Losing trend?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterCup8119
    Almost everyone thinks that the first Seahawks game last year (where the Rams made that awesome comeback) really started a downhill turn for Seattle's entire season. Could that still linger in the minds of Seattle's returning players?
    You're damn right Seahawk players are thinking about whether they can beat the Rams or not. If they lose to us, they're devastated IMO. If we win, we're infused with confidence and momentum.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

This week is a huge week for the Rams in terms of momentum and getting back on track. My feeling is if we win this week we are in good shape, losing would be devastating for this team and our chances for the playoffs.

So lets move on and get ready for the Hawks

Rambos is offline Registered User

Meaning, if a team loses one week (badly), that they just don't play up to potential the week afterwards?
    No, the Gaints lost big the week before and they came out and played well, I think we will do the same. I think its better to get your butt kicked then lose like the hawks did Sunday, they might have a hang over from that one.