View Poll Results: Which loss stings the most?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Week 1 @ Detroit

3 8.82%
  • Week 6 @ Miami

13 38.24%
  • Week 11 vs. NY Jets

18 52.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Which loss stings the most?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Which loss stings the most?

The Rams have played well enough thus far that its not unreasonable to play the "what might have been" game.

In my mind, there are three losses that stick out as games that could have or, perhaps, should have gone the other way (I'm not counting the Niners game, as that ended in a tie rather than a loss). They are:

Week 1 @ Detroit Lions
    The Rams outplayed the Lions on their home field, only to lose on a late rally (aided by a clock error by the replacement refs). Certainly could have been a "W."

Week 6 @ Miami Dolphins
    The Rams moved the ball up and down the field, but failed to score points. Meanwhile, Greg Zuerlein finally came back to Earth and missed 3 FGs on a windy/rainy day in South Florida. Trust me... I was there... the Rams should have won that game.

Week 11 vs New York Jets
    The Rams inexplicitly followed up a strong performance in San Francisco with a flat, uninspired, rotten egg of a game against a very beatable Jets team. I'm sure the Rams would love to have that one back.

So, which stings the most?

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Re: Which loss stings the most?

the Dolphins because we outplayed them. The Jets game we played terrible and didn't deserve to win. The Lions game our defense faltered down the stretch.

Honestly the tie bugs me more than either. We outplayed the ***** that game and should of won if not for stupid mistakes and questionable officiating.

bruce4life is online now Registered User

There has been 4 games in question that we had a chance to win instead of a loss/tie. I am going to say that the dolphins game hurts the most because we have that game up more than the others. Missing 3fgs, fumbling the ball on a kickoff, putting up 500 yards of offense and only scoring 14pts...

We are 4-6-1 but a bounce here or non mistake there and were 5-5-1 or even better.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    the Dolphins because we outplayed them. The Jets game we played terrible and didn't deserve to win. The Lions game our defense faltered down the stretch.

Honestly the tie bugs me more than either. We outplayed the ***** that game and should of won if not for stupid mistakes and questionable officiating.
    ^^^This^^^

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The loss to the New York Jets bothers me the most. The Jets aren't that good and we got blown out at home. UGH!

rampower is offline Registered User

The jets game was awful, would love to have that one replayed.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Felt robbed by the refs on the Detriot game and that got me steamed.

But I think the Miami game stung me the most on the list, especially since it's the game that started the Rams losing slide. It was just a ridiculous loss... completely lopsided in every stat line except points.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

It has got to be the Dolphins game...I remember we were 3-2 and heading into a stretch where we faced Dolphins then Rodgers and Brady the game vs. the dolphins was a must win and it became a story getting into the redzone and not scoring TDs what made it worse was Legatron missed 2 important FG (then that record setting attempt)

In games where you win on defense and offense and come out with a lose is sooooo demoralizing

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Out of thee ones on the list, has to be the Jets game.

Dolphins game was close and just blew it with some missed kicks and TO on kickoff and penalties.

Jets game was figuring would at least out up a fight after tying the *****, but instead our worst football of the year and reminded us all of 2011.

rampower is offline Registered User

This is excellent thread that has one thinking how far are we away from an 8-9 win team, not far. Another season in the same schemes and a scattering of more talent, it's gonna be there.
    AvengerRam likes this.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampower View Post
    This is excellent thread that has one thinking how far are we away from an 8-9 win team, not far. Another season in the same schemes and a scattering of more talent, it's gonna be there.
    You are so right rampower. With a few changes this season could be vastly different. We will have to include our wins as well as the losses. Would we have won the Redskins game without that penalty at the end? That is the NFL, every week presents a different scenario. Probably why we keep watching. Agreed, this is an excellent thread, because over the past few years we have been so pathetic that this discussion would be moot. I look forward to the next 5 games and anticipate an exciting off-season, preparing for our next level of improvement.

Go Rams!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I voted the Jets game of the three, because I still cannot believe how poorly they played against an inferior team AT home. Simply an awful performance.

But THE loss that burns within me the most wasn't even a loss. It was the tie with the Whiners. That game was giftwrapped and tied with a bow to our most hated rivals in their house.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I failed to mention I voted the Jets game, but would have added the Whiner's tie as an option because it was our game to win and we just blew it.

Go Rams!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

FWIW, I didn't include the Niners game because adding 1 more win to the Rams' current record (i.e. making us 5-5-1) would have put us right in the thick of the Wild Card hunt, while a win instead of a tie at SF would still have made us a longshot with a below .500 record (5-6).

gap
    gap is online now Registered User

I agree with most of what is posted in this really good thread. The whiners' game is the most frustrating for me because we actually did win that game. There is no doubt about it, and the league would seriously increase their integrity rating by pointing out that the ball was snapped at the 00 mark, and there was no delay of game. No delay of game means the kick was good for the OT win.

I did vote for the Detroit game for almost the same reason. We had that game won. Even with all that our D gave up on that last drive, if only the Ref would have adjusted the clock to allow us to run two more plays (run and then punt) AFTER the 2:00 minute warning. That's a minimum of 48 seconds off the clock, and potentially more. No way Detroit gets into scoring position in the remaining 72 (or less) seconds.

Miami was also frustrating for the reasons mentioned.

Jets was frustrating, but I didn't get the feeling the game was "stolen" from us the way the others were.

gap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast