Thread: The lost player

RamWraith is offline Registered User

The lost player

Manumaluna deserves much more credit than he gets. The kid has really made some clutch catches this year. He always seems to be the butt off much tongue thrashing, but rarely gets the pat on the back. The kid made a great seam catch yesterday on third down in double coverage. He has done this several times this year and his soft hands never seem to get that "at'a boy".

Maybe this kid was worth the match.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: The lost player

The route over the middle that Bulger threw a perfect pass to him is one that is dangerous but seems to be his bread and butter. Plus, he's a terriffic blocker in the running game.

I'm not sure how many plays in Martz's book is geared to the TE, but maybe there should be more. You are right RW, maybe he should be featured a little more.

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

In addition to the "catch" early in OT, I was impressed with the chip blocking that he was doing on the left defensive end. I think that helped Saipia(sp) keep his sack-against total at 3. IMO.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaRamFan
    In addition to the "catch" early in OT, I was impressed with the chip blocking that he was doing on the left defensive end. I think that helped Saipia(sp) keep his sack-against total at 3. IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx
    he's a terriffic blocker in the running game.
    Who would have thought we'd be talking about how good a blocker Manu is? Wasn't that one of his greatest weaknesses until just recently? It's always good to see the development of a young player.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

Manu has looked lost at times as a run blocker (last season and this season to some extent). Yesterday, he has delivering blows out there.

...When in doubt hit someone near you!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Last year Martz called him our secret weapon. This year we've found out why. Just ask Seattle. :redface:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I guess in order to be a secret weapon, one needs to not use him that much - 15 catches in the regular season. If Manu is going to be our guy at tight end, we need to get him more involved, especially in the red zone, IMO.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Manu I think hasn't been much involved in the passing game because the line has been in such disarray. I am think Manu us needed more for blocking help do to the current state. Maybe next year we will be able to see more of his pass catching skills.