r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Lowly St. Louis Rams Soar In TV Ratings

Lowly St. Louis Rams soar in TV ratings
    11/06/2009

RAMS ROAR IN RATINGS

Bad pro football is better than good baseball or any other sport, for that matter to St. Louis television viewers this year.

Nielsen Media Research reports that the Rams' first victory of the season, on Sunday against the one-win Lions, drew a higher rating than any World Series game, all Cardinals regular-season contests and is about eight times greater than an average Blues telecast.

Nielsen says 17.8 percent of homes in the market with a TV tuned in to KTVI (Channel 2) for the tangle of the tinkerbells, making it the highest-rated Rams game of the season.

The top Cards game before the playoffs in a season in which they glided to the a division title was 16.3.

Dan Caesar

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Lowly St. Louis Rams Soar In TV Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    wow, that is surprising. imagine if we won on a regular basis.
    It's not surprising at all. St. Louis loves the Rams.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

While some fans are still skeptical, I think the majority have bought into the new front office, new coaching staff, and the renewed energy and fight that they are seeing in this young team. This, coupled with all the rumors that the Rams may be leaving St. Louis, has probably lit a fire under everybody ...

Fact is, look at the other losing franchises in the league, namely Cleveland, Tampa, Oakland. They are have controversies surrounding them, front office turmoils, coaches punching coaches. We don't have any of that here. Spags and Devaney have a plan and they are sticking to that plan, and the rest of the coaches, the players, and the city are starting to buy in ...

Look at the NFL coach approval ratings on ESPN. Spags and Schwarz from Detroit are both over 60%, while the other losing coaches are in the teens or even lower. That's seemingly because both St. Louis and Detroit have some stability and a huge upside. The other franchises are truly in disarray ...

It's really nice to see St. Louis supporting the Rams. I am not from St. Louis, I live in Alabama, so I have my own selfish reasons for them remaining in St. Louis, mainly because its a reasonable driving distance. I certainly hope to goodness they don't move, as I love the Rams, I love them being in driving distance, and I love the city of St. Louis ...

We definitely have a good thing going here, I just hope others that aren't as close as us diehards realize that too ...

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I would take alleged "bad" football over the Yankees vs. Phillies any day! To me the Yankees are everything that is wrong with pro sports. Hey maybe if the Rams spent $200 million on salary we could buy a Lombardi trophy!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post

Look at the NFL coach approval ratings on ESPN. Spags and Schwarz from Detroit are both over 60%, while the other losing coaches are in the teens or even lower. That's seemingly because both St. Louis and Detroit have some stability and a huge upside. The other franchises are truly in disarray ...
    The rams and lions are building things for the future, taking their time so as to get the right pieces for their offensive and defensive schemes. They will be next decades "Indy" and "Patriots" but without that whole cheating thing.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Rams and the Lions will play for the right to be in the Superbowl next year. Heck!!! that was our Superbowl.