Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Milan is offline Registered User

Re: Magic year......

If you wanted to, you could make similarities between any season and this season. I'm not going to rely on what happened in 1999 to give me hope for this season. I'm not really feeling at all optimistic about this year.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

And that's it for the weather Dave, now back to you.

Thanks Candy. In sports news the Saint Louis Rams today held a press conference at the Ramada Inn to introduce their future running back, Michael Faulk................
    Let the hype begin.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Its funny how a bad year can turn everything around. Don't we like still have practically the same unit as last year on D with the exception of Chillar and maybe Long starting at DE. Fakir Brown looked good and Atogwe was starting to show signs of a playmaker. Carriker had a pretty good rookie season and his production also came close to putting whitherspoon into the probowl. Now we have Long and hopefully his rookie season will be just as fruitful. Although age may be a factor we still get veteran leadership in Little and Glover. Tye Hill missed lots of action and i'm sure he's aching to get on the field to prove he belongs. So for our D, we'll have something to look forward to and i don't think its wise to bet against a team that has a gigantis chip on their shoulders just yet. As for the O? well, new recievers, new system, a healthy line with one new person to block for Bulger . If Bennette can catch the ball this year and If Barron can grow up then there's a possibility that we do really good and take the Division....RAMS BABY!!

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by skelley View Post
    Fair enough on the DC comment.......
    But my point was, Martz was an unknown and Al is not.

As for superior talent on this current team......HAHAHAHAHA. Please. This was not only a 3-13 team, it was a very bad 3-13 team. The 99 rams had depth and legit pro bowlers. This team however ONLY has aging pro bowlers and untested question marks. Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to see this team come together and shock the world.......but you can not overlook the fact we were awful last year and did very little to improve ourselves.
    Just curious who were the probowlers on the team the year before the Rams won the championship? Bruce and who? I know we lacked talent at key position QB and RB,,,? On the D side I do not remember anyone standing out......

skelley is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Just curious who were the probowlers on the team the year before the Rams won the championship? Bruce and who? I know we lacked talent at key position QB and RB,,,? On the D side I do not remember anyone standing out......
    Who said anything about the year before? And by the by.....Bruce played in only 5 games in 98. No pro bowl that year.

Players on the 99 team who had played in the pro bowl prior to that year.......

Farr
    Lyght
    Timmerman
    Carter
    Faulk
    Pace

But my point was(and I see I didn't word in right), we had guys who panned out as legit PBers vs guys we still don't know about. True, in some cases we had the same questions on the 99 team.

This team can't be expected to reach the level of 99, I just want to see us improve to the top of the West and then make a run at a string of titles. And if history proves anything, Linny should cheat his way to the top.....nothing will happen to him. Right Bill?

This team can't be expected to reach the level of 99, I just want to see us improve to the top of the West and then make a run at a string of titles. And if history proves anything, Linny should cheat his way to the top.....nothing will happen to him. Right Bill?

To expect I agree is asking way too much but no one expected the team in '99 to dominate the NFL.

Regarding the potential probowlers on this team.

L. Little
    A. Carricker(maybe too soon)
    OJ
    W. Witherspoon
    F. Brown(maybe a reach)
    C. Long(could surprise the league)
    M. Bulger
    S. Jackson
    O. Pace
    T. Holt
    McMIcheal

I agree we have potential. But we heard alot about "potential" throughout the 90's and instead watched one bad season after another.

If we could stay healthy and get a solid effort from our WR's & O-line I see no reason why we can't make a run at our division.

Sea.-Getting older and a little too comfie. The mind set here is they're the team to beat in a soft west. Not too much done to improve themselves.

SF-Not likely they'll turn it around this year. The team doesn't believe in Nolan & Martz will be undermanned with his now one demensional system.

Arz.-Starting the wrong QB will stop this team from reaching it's potential. This team probably should be a favorite to win the west. But the Cards are in a bad spot having to keep the "future" happy at the expense of the present.

In the 90's the Rams had potential but never had the key ingredience which is a franchise QB and RB. The Rams have two of the best working hard to turn things around.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    In the 90's the Rams had potential but never had the key ingredience which is a franchise QB and RB. The Rams have two of the best working hard to turn things around.....
    RB yes, QB still has a lot to prove before calling him one of the best.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

QB is the most overrated and underrated position on the football field at the same time. Yes, he's extremely critical because outside the center, he's the only one that touches the ball on every play. Yes, he's extremely over emphasized because he doesn't necessarily block, or tackle, or kick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12