Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man...

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Man...

Yea, cause that whole "Character be damned" philosophy has done so well for the Raiders over the past few years.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Yea, cause that whole "Character be damned" philosophy has done so well for the Raiders over the past few years.
    To be fair though, the Bengals have kind of used that philosophy lately with moderate success. But I don't think our roster or our locker room is in the shape to withstand players like that yet.

tmbkb8 is offline Registered User

Here is my thinking: there are people in the Rams organization whose career is based completely around scouting and and finding the right fit for our team. They spend their YEAR looking through all the players college football has to offer. I trust them more than I trust the opinion of lay fans who can look back easily and notice the players who slipped under the radar. Gilyard was dynamite in college and has great potential. Let's hold off on judgement until at least after his first career NFL game?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    To be fair though, the Bengals have kind of used that philosophy lately with moderate success. But I don't think our roster or our locker room is in the shape to withstand players like that yet.
    They have also had a lot of headaches along the way, and no super bowl rings to show for it.

I prefer boy scouts to thugs or prima donnas any day of the week.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Two playoffs in 19 years. And which of the character problems has led to their success?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12