3. Carson Palmer
    4. Drew Brees
    5. Tony Romo
    6. Marc Bulger
    7. Big Ben
    8. Eli Manning
    9. Donovan McNabb
    10. Jeff Garcia

Of course Brett Favr-a would be in there if he comes back.

rampower is offline Registered User

Re: Marc Bulger

no nastyness intended, you have your opinion, you would like bulger to play better than he does or replace him with somebody who does. So why keep trying to tell you otherwise??

you stated your case and your notgoing to change your mind even if this goes on for 100 more posts. Its your stand point, i respect that even if I dont agree, lets move on dudes!!
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    I also mean the 7 playoff appearance, Super Bowl starting, 30 TD's in 404 attempts Ferragamo. I'd take him over Bulger. I'd certainly like to see how his career might have gone if the Rams had committed to him as unconditionally as they have to Bulger.
    There must be a reason the RAMS didn't commit to VF.

moklerman is offline Registered User

no nastyness intended, you have your opinion, you would like bulger to play better than he does or replace him with somebody who does. So why keep trying to tell you otherwise??
    Because it's fun to talk about football and the Rams? Seriously, I understand that people don't want to discuss or explore this subject but if not, then why read the thread? I think the fact that it's 10 pages long means that a few of us might be enjoying the conversation.

It's not impossible to change a mind or two either. I've been swayed in the past and I've presented some things that others didn't know.
    There must be a reason the RAMS didn't commit to VF.
    Okay, even I'm not interested in getting into the validity or wisdom of the 1980's front office of the Rams. Ferragamo had a lot of talent and even more bad luck. After he broke his thumb against Pittsburgh, he was never the same but he generally played on run, run, pass teams that weren't particularly friendly in terms of QB stats. He certainly threw too many interceptions but Preston Dennard and George Farmer were hardly top notch receivers either.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I only bothered to post here so I could show some of the readers just how out there your opinons are, Mok. Having accomplished that, I'm done with this thread.

(You can even have the last word. )

I only bothered to post here so I could show some of the readers just how out there your opinons are, Mok. Having accomplished that, I'm done with this thread.
    Um...okay? I'm not trying to win anything though and I think most readers can figure out on their own whether or not my opinions are realistic or outrageous. I happen to think that I'm pretty forthcoming and relatively objective. I know that I rarely, if ever, immediately launch personal attacks or observations of the poster because I don't agree with their ideas.

I agree/disagree, this is why and here are some examples/stats that illustrate my opinion. But, I guess it's all moot since you've told the world how it really is AvengerRam. Too bad you'll never know I conceded. Unless of course you break you word and respond in this thread.

I don't mind the last word and I will shamelessly take it. You've just given yourself the opportunity to be a liar.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

P. Manning
    C. Palmer
    T. Brady
    K. Warner
    D. Brees
    B. Roethlisberger
    T. Romo
    M. Hasslebeck

Those are my top 8 known commodities at QB.
    Overall you have done a good job in this thread of presenting your claims about Bulger.

I would not disagree too much with the majority of your posts except for this one.

Personally, even though I do not really like Brady, I would rank him slightly above P. Manning. I am more comfortable with Brady's mechanics as compared to Manning's. Also, IMO, it is rather difficult to discount the number of SB wins when comparing the two.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

No one else liked that song they did? The first couple of thousand times I heard it on the radio it was pretty toe tapping. Got kinda old after that. Of course, I had to think for a minute who Hanson was. I got them confused with Nelson there for a minute. Thankfully, I can say that I don't know even one of Nelson's songs.
    This is by far your best post of the thread. Funny, witty and full of good natured banter. Glad to see you still have a sense of humor. Nice Job.

Personally, even though I do not really like Brady, I would rank him slightly above P. Manning. I am more comfortable with Brady's mechanics as compared to Manning's. Also, IMO, it is rather difficult to discount the number of SB wins when comparing the two.
    True, but I gave it to Manning because he's put up bigger numbers longer and more consistently and has won the big one. Too much of the Patriots's success, IMO, has hinged on defense and special teams, not anything Brady was doing. Manning puts up numbers and the team wins or loses in large part because of Manning. I don't think it's the same for Brady. He's been a very good QB on an even better team. Up until last year, more of a caretaker than a playmaker.

3-1 in the Super Bowl is obviously something any QB would want, but I thank Buddha that he can't claim to be undefeated in the Super Bowl now. No more "greatest" talk.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I think most people on this site agree that the reasoning behind getting rid of Kurt Warner was the gamble that he might not get over the hand injury, yet he's been throwing 300 yard games in AZ and I believe he had 27 TD's in a less than full season last year? The guy's a stud. Our best chance to get back to the SB was ALWAYS by getting KW on the field, IMHO.

Now we are just a mediocre joke. And our QB is skinny and average with no personality.

Bottom line, we won 3 games last year and MB is boring. "DULL-GER" as I call him.

I'm not a hater, just don't think this guy has the goods. Yes, he's as good as all the other tier 2 guys who statistically aren't that bad, but don't get you the Superbowl win. So what?

This team doesn't even sell out the stadium anymore. I guarantee you if they kept KW, the seats would be sold out, and they wouldn't have done any worse than they have in the last 5 years.

"If you ain't first, you're last" - Ricky Bobby's dad.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Renrawtruk View Post
    ...Our QB is skinny and average with no personality.

Bottom line, we won 3 games last year and MB is boring. "DULL-GER" as I call him.

I'm not a hater, just don't think this guy has the goods. Yes, he's as good as all the other tier 2 guys who statistically aren't that bad, but don't get you the Superbowl win. So what?

LOL! Haaaaaa-ha-ha! I was going to stay away from posting on this thread because it turned into an argument between a few of my favorite people here ... but that was funny! // Truk, I take it you wouldn't agree with today's article in the Rams Official website that calls Marc Bulger a leader?

Look, I know that the reason this team has fell to the bottom is not Marc Bulger's fault. This organization had the draft picks after winning a Suberbowl to keep this thing going for many years to come and they screwed the pooch. I'm remembering why it's been tough being a Rams fan for 25+ years. We're apparently back to the "same old Rams".

But if we were only going to win 6 or 7 games every year, I'd rather we just kept Kurt Warner. There was a least a chance of returning to greatness. With Bulger, WYSIWYG. A leader he is not.

YodaRam Guest

WOW!! Heck of a thread! Very entertaining. It stayed on subject nicely.
    O.K. that's all i have.

RAM ON!

I think most people on this site agree that the reasoning behind getting rid of Kurt Warner was the gamble that he might not get over the hand injury, yet he's been throwing 300 yard games in AZ and I believe he had 27 TD's in a less than full season last year? The guy's a stud. Our best chance to get back to the SB was ALWAYS by getting KW on the field, IMHO.
    I agree that the hand injury was a big part of things but there was too much "off the field" that went along with it. Warner was apparently taking liberties with Martz's very strict and stringent offense. Brenda-gate, which made Martz and the medical staff look bad. Martz calling very different gameplans for Warner and Bulger, which fueled the conspiracy engine. But with all of that, Warner would not have taken the Rams to the Super Bowl any more than Bulger did. If all else was the same and Warner was plopped down into the Carolina game, maybe the Rams could have advanced but they wouldn't have got that far in the first place with a) Warner's physical limitations and b) the horrible gameplans called and personal issues with Warner by Martz. The best thing for Warner, at that point, was to move on. I still give the Rams some credit for pulling the band-aid off quick and giving Warner a shot to go play somewhere rather than keeping him on the bench. It was probably more for Bulger's sake but it benefitted Warner so I'll give 'em that much.
    This team doesn't even sell out the stadium anymore. I guarantee you if they kept KW, the seats would be sold out, and they wouldn't have done any worse than they have in the last 5 years.
    Bulger would still be playing by now even if Warner had stayed. As bad as the o-line has been, Warner would definitely have been injured so it's an unrealistic fantasy, much less guarentee, that Warner would be starting for the Rams this year and that his presence would be selling out the dome. People in St. Louis still love him but as passionate as his supporters and fans have been, they wouldn't support a 3-13 Warner led team any more than a 3-13 Bulger led team. Losing is losing.

Something that I think some Warner discussions fail to address is that the best thing for him has actually happened. Going to New York was a good thing because Coughlin made a strong effort to help Kurt get work in '05. Which led to his time in Arizona. The Green years were forgettable but the way things worked out, Whisenhunt inspired Warner to wear the gloves which, IMO has saved whatever chance he has a at positive finish to his career. Without the gloves, Warner was done. 2003-2006 it was obvious that through all the bone breaks in his hands, he couldn't grip an NFL football in a way that fumbling wasn't an issue. Even his throwing was somewhat hindered. Lot's of wobblers those years. So, while it's a shame that he lost big parts of 4 years worth of playing time, things have worked out the best for him they way they are. Struggling and getting benched in NY and Arizona was something that I think his ego and perception needed. I think he was in denial about his injuries and a change needed to be made. When the gloves worked, I think that opened him up to be more flexible. He is adapting to Haley's offense and will be a better QB for it if he wins the starting job. Being carefree about tunrovers is a mindset that's been long in need of change. If you're not on the GSOT, it's a problem. If Warner, Whisenhunt and Haley can get the rest of the Cardinals to perform at the level Pittsburgh has been, then Warner will do just as well as Big Ben as far as I'm concerned.
    LOL! Haaaaaa-ha-ha! I was going to stay away from posting on this thread because it turned into an argument between a few of my favorite people here ... but that was funny! // Truk, I take it you wouldn't agree with today's article in the Rams Official website that calls Marc Bulger a leader?
    I wonder if I've ever commented on Bulger's "leadership"? I don't imagine that I have since it's such a hard thing to identify, especially in Bulger's case where his strength is to show no emotion at all. But I do think that it's fair to say that he doesn't have the presence that some of the more notable QB's exhibit. In any case, I would guess that I'm not on too many favorites lists but I encourage anyone who has thoughts to join in. If nothing else, I like to debate and generally keep it civil. Passionate, but civil.
    But if we were only going to win 6 or 7 games every year, I'd rather we just kept Kurt Warner.
    If all else would have played out the same way, I might agree. Who knew Martz would be gone so quickly after 12-4 and the playoffs in 2004? Just remember my lunatic fringe brethren, things have worked out best for Warner just the way they are. It sucked how things ended in St. Louis but I certainly wouldn't have wanted to see Warner go through all the struggles that he did from '04-'06 in St. Louis. Clearly earning a benching and fading away into obscurity as a Ram would have been much worse than struggling, learning and growing as a QB and then getting a coach who's willing to work with and improve his game and giving him a realistic shot at starting in '08 since he has no vested interest in the drafting of Leinart seems like a pretty decent deal for Warner.

People in St. Louis still love him but as passionate as his supporters and fans have been, they wouldn't support a 3-13 Warner led team any more than a 3-13 Bulger led team. Losing is losing.
    I would have to disagree with this. Favre and Marino fans stuck around for many a bad stretch, and the reality is I don't just root for this team because I like the color of the uniform. If that were the case I wouldn't have had such a hard time when they left L.A. But when I turned on the TV in 1995, low and behold, it was the same players that I had been watching at live games in Anaheim, and realized I was still a fan.

After they won the SB, I'm not sure what exactly there was left to accomplish. Perhaps like bowling a 300 game. I think if I did that I would just never bowl again. (I don't like bowling, just an analogy) After the Rams won the SB, I just wanted to watch my team play and root on these guys. Yes, players get old and retire, but Warner was cut off at the legs in the middle of the only good stretch this team ever had. (yes, many factors in that decision but I'm speaking from my perspective, not the teams).

And so now I sometimes wonder why (and if) I care anymore. I'm not a big DULL-GER fan, and I'm also not a huge Steven Jackson fan (I respect his abilities, but I like the shifty/smaller back, vs. the big bull and he seems kind of arrogant, as if this was all owed to him from day one...not a traditional Ram quality IMHO). These two guys are boring to me. It's just not that fun anymore.

I'm not saying this so people can say "well if you're not a true fan that go away and root for the Cardinals". I'm saying this because I'm guessing I'm not the only Rams fan who has kind of a pit in their stomach every time they think about football season and realize that this organization cut KW, fired Mike Martz, and now there's Bulger and Jackson and 8 wins every year (not blaming them, just being honest).

I watched for 25 years waiting for a QB like Warner and a team like the GSOT. Maybe that's all there is. Maybe I preferred when we were the sorry old rams and had no respect. At least then there was something to hope for.... that some day we would find a superstar QB and go on to win the superbowl!

Now, I think I'd rather be golfing, but I can't seem to hit my driver worth a damn, so that ain't working out so good either.

Topping it off, the team that knocked us off our thrown wins 14+ games every single year....

I'm sure I'll be there watching the Rams through thick and thin, but it does matter the personalities that are on the team, and not just the wins and losses, or "what's best for the organization in the long run".

I truly believe that KW was the face of this organization and now we have none. Perhaps SJ, but he's not worthy of it, and Bulger could come or go and I'm not sure I'd skip a beat.

Again, all my personal opinions.