Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Marc Bulger?

  1. #16
    RAMSY57's Avatar
    RAMSY57 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    when Bulger took the reins Faulk, Holt and Bruce were among his supporting cast. What did he do?
    NOTHING.....!!!! Stiff!
    live4ramin and ZiaRam like this.


  2. #17
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,272
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree with you Nick, when he had half a chance, Bulger produced. Listening to the knuckleheads I was dealing with last night, you would have thought he was a Ryan Leaf clone! LOL
    What exactly did he produce?
    Last edited by laram0; -09-30-2012 at 07:18 AM.

  3. #18
    Aussie Dave's Avatar
    Aussie Dave is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    i like marc a lot and i think he was a good qb.
    he's kinda a hard one to judge, having Holt Bruce and Faulk would make most qb's look good.
    but on the other hand, the terrible teams in his later years would make all qb's look average..

  4. #19
    QUINNtessentialTruth's Avatar
    QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,204
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    He was fine. Personally I didn't like him because I was part of the side that didn't want us to get rid of Kurt. But I just wasnt a fan of the bulger martz combo


  5. #20
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,748
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Why exactly did he produce?
    Division win in 2003, wildcard playoff in in 2004, and then he got stuck in the Linehan/Haslett/Spagnuolo era of the Rams

    Yeah, he wasn't amazing, but he played well when he had the supporting cast and he put his body on the line for this team. He wasn't fantastic, but you wouldn't find many QBs that would play as well as Marc did in that situation
    Nick and Goldenfleece like this.

  6. #21
    rampower's Avatar
    rampower is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    cumbria, UK
    Age
    41
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    28

    Marc Bulger?

    Nothing? 2 pro bowls? One as MVP? Must have been garbage. The best excuse for hating bugler I ever heard (back when he and the team were playing well so they couldn't blame him for all of the rams woes) was he didn't do enough charity work and fans in St. Louis demand their players do their bit for charity. Hmmmm. Warner left here battered, took time to get back to being good after recovering and getting bold in/Fitzgerald didn't harm. Bugler also left here battered, and Sam Bradford may have the same fate. The RAMS did this to Warner/Bulger but Marc seems to get the blame. I have seen a lot of QB's with a lot less talent play for the rams and get more respect, sorry don't get it. Martz cans Warner, still gets respect. Dismantles winning team,etc etc. sorry Bulger was a good qb. You don't become the fastest qb to complete 1000 passes, 1 pro bowls, twice team MVP by being poor. Sorry.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

  7. #22
    bradwill's Avatar
    bradwill is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    I was always a Bulger fan and I thought he did an admirable job of filling impossibly too-big shoes. When the coaching staff went to hell along with the OL, he didn't have much of a chance for success. The guy really never got a break from some fans(he's not rah-rah enough, etc) and sure didn't from refs who seemed to hold a different standard to what is a late hit on a QB named Bulger and QB's not named Bulger.

    Class guy who left the NFL on his own terms and resisted the urge to come back last year when cutler went down and CHI was calling him. Smart move. Not only had he been out of of the game, but he took enough of a pounding in his career that I don't think he was going to ever be able to recover some lost magic.
    Nick likes this.

  8. #23
    g tha problem's Avatar
    g tha problem is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    23
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    I remember when Jay Cutler was coming out, I wanted the Rams to draft him so bad. That same year I think Bulger had one of his greatest years. After that year I noticed that it wasnt Bulger who was untalented, it was the horrible offensive line. Looking back, I think Bulger took way more heat than he deserved.

  9. #24
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,282
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    Quote Originally Posted by bradwill View Post
    I was always a Bulger fan and I thought he did an admirable job of filling impossibly too-big shoes. When the coaching staff went to hell along with the OL, he didn't have much of a chance for success. The guy really never got a break from some fans(he's not rah-rah enough, etc) and sure didn't from refs who seemed to hold a different standard to what is a late hit on a QB playing for the RAMS and QB's not playing for the RAMS.
    Fixed that for you.

    Since moving to St. Louis, the above applies to Chris Miller, Tony Banks, especially KW, and Bulger. Shoot, even Sonny Bono would be included in that.


    gap

  10. #25
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Division win in 2003, wildcard playoff in in 2004, and then he got stuck in the Linehan/Haslett/Spagnuolo era of the Rams

    Yeah, he wasn't amazing, but he played well when he had the supporting cast and he put his body on the line for this team. He wasn't fantastic, but you wouldn't find many QBs that would play as well as Marc did in that situation
    I agree. Bulger was a good quarterback. He wasn't a miracle worker or a legend of the game, but he was good. When he was surrounded by the top talent in the game, he could produce as well as anyone. When he was surrounded by below average talent, he struggled.

    If you look at the reasons for the Rams' collapse after the GSOT, you could cite Martz's poor game management skills as a head coach, horrible defenses, disappointing draft picks and free agent acquisitions, unstable ownership, numerous system changes in the post-Martz era, and a variety of other factors. In order to overcome everything else, Bulger would have had to be more than good--he would have had to be extraordinary. I don't think we should resent him for not being the superman we wished he was.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -10-01-2012 at 12:56 AM.

  11. #26
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    Yes in his later years he had a crappy line...... Nut early on He had a great supporting cast!!!
    I don't Like Mark Bulger because Mad Mike replaced Kurt Warner with him which he said was a mistake and The fact I HATED Bulger didn't show zer0 emotion after he got back to the sidline after throwing a pick or if they won or lsot. I'ts like he didn't give a ****!

  12. #27
    TorontoRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Well myself, Ferter, R8RH8Mike and a few others met up yesterday in St. Louis. A Major topic of discussion ( R8RH8Mike & Ferter) was about just how good or bad Marc Bulger was for our Rams. My thoughts are he was not so good.
    I'm not familiar with replying with quote, so we'll see what happens here. I agree that Marc Bulger was a mediocre QB, who kept the Rams from addressing the QB issue, even forgetting about 'Warner-Gate' or 'Brenda-Gate,' whichever you choose. My concern is whether Bradford is 'good for the Rams,' and please allow me to explain my point, with yesterday's game being a prime example. He can manage a game fairly well (converting on some third downs and getting them in FG range for Legatron). He hasn't shown much in the way of an ability to put the ball in the end-zone (last time I checked he was neither the kicker or the holder on the FFG). And, he's keeping the Rams from making a decision, sooner than later, about whether they need to start looking for a starting QB, even if it's Austin Davis for the time being. With the O-Line that we have, sooner or later, Bradford's going to be 'Bulgered,' at which time we'll probably get a chance to see Davis. Just my thoughts.
    live4ramin likes this.

  13. #28
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,748
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I'm not familiar with replying with quote, so we'll see what happens here. I agree that Marc Bulger was a mediocre QB, who kept the Rams from addressing the QB issue, even forgetting about 'Warner-Gate' or 'Brenda-Gate,' whichever you choose. My concern is whether Bradford is 'good for the Rams,' and please allow me to explain my point, with yesterday's game being a prime example. He can manage a game fairly well (converting on some third downs and getting them in FG range for Legatron). He hasn't shown much in the way of an ability to put the ball in the end-zone (last time I checked he was neither the kicker or the holder on the FFG). And, he's keeping the Rams from making a decision, sooner than later, about whether they need to start looking for a starting QB, even if it's Austin Davis for the time being. With the O-Line that we have, sooner or later, Bradford's going to be 'Bulgered,' at which time we'll probably get a chance to see Davis. Just my thoughts.
    Seriously?

  14. #29
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,748
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Yes in his later years he had a crappy line...... Nut early on He had a great supporting cast!!!
    I don't Like Mark Bulger because Mad Mike replaced Kurt Warner with him which he said was a mistake and The fact I HATED Bulger didn't show zer0 emotion after he got back to the sidline after throwing a pick or if they won or lsot. I'ts like he didn't give a ****!
    Yeah he did have a supporting cast early on. and he got the Rams to the playoffs twice and went to the pro bowl when he did.

    Bulger did care, you don't have to shout and scream to show you care.
    ramsbruce likes this.

  15. #30
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,669
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Marc Bulger?

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Listening to the knuckleheads I was dealing with last night, you would have thought he was a Ryan Leaf clone! LOL
    Hey numb nuts, who you calling a knucklehead? I for one, might be an "Old B@$+@rd" but I'm not a knucklehead. Geez, would you just pony up and buy that Bulger jersey already....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Marc Bulger is our QB- Suh should be our #1
    By ram1906 in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: -03-13-2010, 09:21 PM
  2. Marc Bulger cant be cut soon enough...
    By THOLTFAN81 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: -11-25-2009, 09:11 PM
  3. How do you think Marc Bulger will do in the WCO?
    By djdeeznutz in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: -02-17-2009, 12:55 AM
  4. Marc Bulger
    By laram0 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: -10-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •