Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Marc Bulger cant be cut soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    We established this last year too. He had one good game...and we all know one game doesn't cut it. He's had a very bad game now. Lets see how things play out for him.

I hope Bulger is okay though. If he's not, we need to put Null in there. Not Boller
    Yes, go with Null. Boller has had his chance.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Yes, go with Null. Boller has had his chance.
    Boller gives us a better chance to win than Null. Boller might deserve the nickname of "white Tony Banks", but Null is not ready to face NFL action.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Boller gives us a better chance to win than Null. Boller might deserve the nickname of "white Tony Banks", but Null is not ready to face NFL action.
    I agree with you in part that Boller does give us a better shot at winning than Null just from the standpoint that he has actual NFL experience, but at this point of the season why not give Null a shot if Marc can't go, he's not going to get experience standing on the sideline. If he goes out and shows some type of promise it may influence how you draft in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Like I said in another post . Notice when Warner left the game ,the Cards stopped scoring,and when Warner left ST.Louis the Rams stopped scoring?
    the thing is Bulger had 1 or 2 good seasons right after Kurt left and couldn't get it done, Kurt was the missing component. we traded an energizer battery for a Rite aid brand Battery and Damn near paid the same for it.Bulger's time is done and it would be in the best interest of the organization to cut ties with him and start looking to the Future. And for those of you who love him so much , Hopefully trading him will resirect his career and he does great, but with our luck he will be doing great in S.F.!!!!!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Gibson might yet turn out to be a decent player for the Rams, but today was not his finest hour. He lost sight of an end zone fade route in the 4th qtr. and didn't even get his hands on the ball, despite getting separation from the d-back. He had a shot at a second, albeit underthrown ball in the end zone that a better receiver would have probably caught. He jumped up and down like an idiot crying for a penalty flag on a play that when shown in replay revealed he wasn't touched at all. He fell down on a perfectly thrown 15 yard out mid-way through the 4th qtr. which would have given the Rams a first down on the drive. And on at least three separate occasions he was on a completely different page than Bulger, going in the opposite direction of the ball.

Those thinking Gibson is going to be some kind of savior better recalibrate your expectations.
    That's one goofy analysis for a rookie who has just fallen onto a new team and is being thrown into a starting roll. But hey, whatever.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't have a lot of complaints about Bulger specific to this game. By and large, the problems in the passing game seemed to be on the receivers. He looked out of sorts at the end of the game, but I don't think that was his fault. At one point, he appeared to overthrow Avery on a go route, but with Avery not looking back and the corner maintaining coverage over the top, that would have been a tough throw over the shoulder.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I am officially on the "WE NEED A NEW QB WAGON"! I have been supporting Bulger for a long long time, but it is simply not acceptable to miss open WR's by as much as Bulger has been doing this year. I have given him this long to get back to (pre-injury) 2006 form, but alas I do not believe it will ever happen. I am not sure if he was truly just a specimen of the Martz system or if it was having Torry and Bruce there to catch everything, but something is definitely different about this Bulger and that one.

Sorry Marc, but I am now hoping we find a new QB for next year. I cannot watch you make stupid decisions for another season while we sit so close to winning a game based on QB decision making and scramble ability.

IMO, we should be 3-6 now, not 1-9.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Gibson might yet turn out to be a decent player for the Rams, but today was not his finest hour. He lost sight of an end zone fade route in the 4th qtr. and didn't even get his hands on the ball, despite getting separation from the d-back. He had a shot at a second, albeit underthrown ball in the end zone that a better receiver would have probably caught. He jumped up and down like an idiot crying for a penalty flag on a play that when shown in replay revealed he wasn't touched at all. He fell down on a perfectly thrown 15 yard out mid-way through the 4th qtr. which would have given the Rams a first down on the drive. And on at least three separate occasions he was on a completely different page than Bulger, going in the opposite direction of the ball.

Those thinking Gibson is going to be some kind of savior better recalibrate your expectations.
    Spot on post. Gibson took a step back today.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Gibson is a rookie who just got here, what did you all really expect? He is talented he will improve, but for now he isn't filling our need for a number 1 wide reciever

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I am officially on the "WE NEED A NEW QB WAGON"! I have been supporting Bulger for a long long time, but it is simply not acceptable to miss open WR's by as much as Bulger has been doing this year. I have given him this long to get back to (pre-injury) 2006 form, but alas I do not believe it will ever happen. I am not sure if he was truly just a specimen of the Martz system or if it was having Torry and Bruce there to catch everything, but something is definitely different about this Bulger and that one.

Sorry Marc, but I am now hoping we find a new QB for next year. I cannot watch you make stupid decisions for another season while we sit so close to winning a game based on QB decision making and scramble ability.

IMO, we should be 3-6 now, not 1-9.
    We're also close to winning if our defense learns how to lock down better. Or if our recievers age and learn how to stay uninjured and catch footballs. Or if our offensive coordinator ever demonstrates a capacity to actually choose plays intelligently and diversely and adjust to what is or is not working in a gametime situation.

A new veteran QB could help, but those could also help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Like I said in another post . Notice when Warner left the game ,the Cards stopped scoring,and when Warner left ST.Louis the Rams stopped scoring?
    the thing is Bulger had 1 or 2 good seasons right after Kurt left and couldn't get it done, Kurt was the missing component. we traded an energizer battery for a Rite aid brand Battery and Damn near paid the same for it.Bulger's time is done and it would be in the best interest of the organization to cut ties with him and start looking to the Future. And for those of you who love him so much , Hopefully trading him will resirect his career and he does great, but with our luck he will be doing great in S.F.!!!!!!!!!!
    Warner would have never recovered if he stayed in the Rams' system. We were better off with Bulger back at the time. The problem is the franchise didn't learn from the process that led to Warner's departure and make needed changes to ensure that Bulger wouldn't share Warner's fate.

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    I agree with you in part that Boller does give us a better shot at winning than Null just from the standpoint that he has actual NFL experience, but at this point of the season why not give Null a shot if Marc can't go, he's not going to get experience standing on the sideline. If he goes out and shows some type of promise it may influence how you draft in the future.
    I'm going to take the entirety of the St. Louis sports media, which has actually seen Ram practices, at their word when they say that Null is in no shape to play in an NFL setting.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I'm going to take the entirety of the St. Louis sports media, which has actually seen Ram practices, at their word when they say that Null is in no shape to play in an NFL setting.
    Who has declared that from their own observations and not just repeating the coaches? Jim Thomas is always quoting the coaching staff.

And how often do you think Null gets practice work with the starters at this point of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Who has declared that from their own observations and not just repeating the coaches? Jim Thomas is always quoting the coaching staff.

And how often do you think Null gets practice work with the starters at this point of the season?
    Not often, which doesn't disabuse me of the notion that starting him would be a horrifyingly bad idea.

I suspect it is akin to taste testing the food that has been in the back of the fridge for a couple of months, just to see what it's like. It might be a delectable meal, but more than likely you will end up hospitalized getting your stomach pumped at worst, and sitting on the toilet for a day or so at best.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

If this thread has proven one thing, it's that the Bulger apologists and those wearing rose colored glasses are still in full force.

There is no way an unbiased fan comes away from yesterday's game with the idea that Marc Bulger isn't a serious part of the Ram woes. He is absolutely dreadful. I watched Kurt Warner (which was expected) outplay him, but Matt Leinart too? This circus has shifted to the wide receivers instead of the offensive line now, I wonder what's next, the waterboy? No matter who's next on the agenda, the common link is Marc Bulger. There is certainly no denying that, although I wouldn't doubt that some of you may try.

For the apologists, I don't want to hear that any QB would suffer the same fate. That is absolute crap at this point. Just admit that there are a number of QBs who could've led this team to victories in each of the last two games, and cut your losses.

Bulger played one of the best games he's played in 3 years against the Saints and it still wasn't enough. Why? Because he isn't good enough, no matter what the coach or any of the apologists say.

Bottom line is, the guy is being paid 10 million a year for doing something a good high school QB could do. Basically nothing, if winning is your idea of a job well done.

Sorry guys, but not only do I expect more, I demand more.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast