throwback week

EvilXenu is offline Registered User

Marc Bulger has better chance at HOF than Kurt Warner

You may think I'm crazy but I think that Marc Bulger has a better chance of making the HOF than Kurt Warner does. If you think about it, there are four things that can get a QB to the HOF:

Great career stats
    Great single season stats
    Pro Bowl/MVP seasons
    Playoff success

Right now, Warner has a better HOF resume than Bulger does, but at this point, Warner's is probably done. Unless Leinart gets hurt, Warner will probably never be anything but a backup. So, he won't be able to improve his resume, which right now falls short of the HOF.

Bulger is off to a good start, with very good single season stats, 2 Pro Bowls, and a very high career passer rating. The difference is that he's only 30, and will probably be a starter for another 5-6 years. In that time, his career numbers will get better, and with all the weapons on the team, he probably will have more Pro Bowl or even MVP seasons. The only thing he needs is to lead the Rams to a Super Bowl and he will have a better chance than Warner of making the HOF one day.

And you thought Mike Martz was "mad"!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Marc Bulger has better chance at HOF than Kurt Warner

Kurt just didn't have the sustained production. I think his candidacy would play out a lot like Terrell Davis's. Great production, led his team to success, arguably the best QB around at one point--everything you could ask for...but only for a couple years.

Bulger doesn't have the name recognition (at least not yet). While that may seem irrelevant, Hall of Fame voters do like to look at the "impact on the game". Guys like Manning and Brady are almost figureheads of this era of football. If this team becomes a perennial playoff contender in the next few years, Bulger has a shot at finally getting the recognition he deserves and his chances skyrocket.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Your premise - that Warner essentially has no shot, while Bulger can still become a HOF - is pretty much correct, but Bulger still has a long way to go. I agree that he needs to both sustain high level play and win a Championship before he would have a chance. Obviously, I hope that happens.

if he wins a SuperBowl, he has a chance

if he wins more than one he could be a shoe in

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Interesting point and I believe you are correct. But I would like to know if Tom Bradys career ended today would he make it since he had so many Super Bowls even though he does not always have big numbers or the long career to go with it.

theodus69 Guest

Isn't it 3 years in the league that you can make the hall? There is some eligibility deal on that, if that is true.......Warner goes in first. I guarrantee it! He did amazing things those 3 years. Bulger puts up #'s but those 3 years of the GOST is the best years ever and the man behind the arm was KURT.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    lol if he pulled a Brady and won 3 maybe, but it's gonna take alot to get in the HOF. Even if he won the Big Ring, he's gonna need more than just one, but I really hope we win as many as possible.:l

blood85 Guest

I agree that Bulger is more consistent, and if he wins one, he will get in.

jkramsfan Guest

bulger has a chance to put up some hugh numbers, if he contiues at the pace he is at there is no reason he doesn't end up with over 40,000 yards.now keep in mind thats a big if and also as you guys said earlier he needs to win at least 1 Super Bowl, and i think this is just the year for him to do that.(I hope)

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

If it's the HOF we're talking about, I think MVP's and Pro-bowls would take him farther than a superbowl ring. Although Superbowls obviously can't hurt, it will be statistics that will ultimately determine whether he gets in or not. See Dan Marino.

helorm341 Guest

I think even without a championship (but thats gonna happen so its a moot point), if Bulger sustains his high level of production then I think that he'll have the numbers to get in. Bulger's career average is already HOFer good, he just needs to sustain it.

sbramfan Guest

Must still be the offseason.

Yes, Bulger still has time to add to his resume and is heading in the right direction statistically. Warner has an outside chance based on his 3 year window of extraordinarily high acheivement and League MVP status during that time period.

theodus69 Guest

Warner Warner Warner Warner Warner.......

Keenum is offline Registered User

I still think Warner has a shot at getting into the Hall. It's not just stats, but how you changed the game. If you watched ANY Rams game from 1999-2001, you can see how much the Rams CHANGED the ways defenses played against them. Warner's resume is very impressive: 3 Pro Bowls, Superbowl MVP and ring, 2 NFL MVPs, most accurate QB in NFL history, #3 overall rated QB ever, 2nd fastest ever to 10,000 (#1 is Bulger) and 20,000 yards (#1 is Marino), still a nice TD-INT ratio, and a great yards per attempt ratio.

Bulger doesn't have all of the things to put on his... yet. Remember, Warner was a rookie in his late 20s. Bulger is going to have more time to get his stats up, and I think he will be able to do that.

If Bulger can continue his pace, I don't see a reason why BOTH of these guys can't be in the HoF. As of now, neither are first balloters, but I do see Warner getting in eventually and Bulger if he keeps going at the pace he is at.