throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Marc Bulger and his future with out team

Hey guys,

Now i know its only Pre-season, and Ive only seen Bulger throw 4 passes. But I saw him get sacked 3 times. It was strange cause i saw some guys open one time he got sacked. But i also saw some major pressure. In my opinion I feel bulger is On his way down.

This is Where you my friends come into play?

What is your take on Bulger for the upcoming season? In my opinion I like him, he's a player who will let his play do the talking. I would like to see him succeed not fail. Although he seems very indecisive at times ever since Linecrap took over, the Damage Bulger took looked Irreprarable. Thoughts on him guys?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Marc Bulger and his future with out team

Oi, another Bulger thread? Ok, here we go. He went 4 for 4 when he had time to throw, and those times he got sacked were on exotic blitzes that were not game planned for and horribly picked up by the running backs left in to block. The pressure would not have been as bad in a regular season game in my opinion.

As already determined in another thread, he had less than three seconds in two of the three sacks, and only another half second or so on the other sack. No quarterback would be able to deal with that kind of pressure. In my opinion, I actually think that Bulger seemed to be back in saddle, and even though he did have a bit of hesitation on one if the sacks, I think he was looking for Robinson to break free on his route on that play.

As long as the line holds back the rush and Jackson's a better blocker than Darby, Bulger should look pretty good in this new offense.

HornyRam is offline Registered User

Seems there is always too much focus on the QB position.

Bulger needs to regain some confidence and then simply play within his abilities while avoiding turnovers. It remains to be seen if this offense will have enough playmakers to be very potent. At this point I don't think it does.

What concerns me most is the defense. We are going to need a strong defense if the offense is not going to be that potent.

Do we have a strong defense? It still looks weak to me, especially the front seven.

In the meantime.....

I have the highest of hopes that we will all be pleasantly surprised come week #1 of the season.

Go Rams!

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Who is this Marc Bulger fello you speak of...?

Mooselini Guest

Another one? Jesus christ!

Bulger went four for four when he had time. That's 100% for those who are mathematically challenged.

When the defense attacked us, he was chased. Didn't have time. What does this say? When he has time...he does pretty good. We saw this before when he was a probowler. We saw this in the four passes he had.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Trent Dilfer--the all American Superbowl-Dud proves the point...get an O-line that can block and even a dud can play QB in the NFL.

Anyone want to compare and contrast Dilfer to Bulger?
    Fact: Put Bulger in as QB for the Pats or Colts, and those teams are still odds on favorites to making the play offs. Diferrence is, both the Pats/Colts have an O-line...the Rams don't yet.

The hope is, that by the time the season starts, the Rams have an O-line that at least can buy Bulger more then 4 seconds. Or the line can pound the ball for S. Jackson to make play-action a viable threat. If neither of these things happen, its going to be a long and miserable season to watch the Rams play

molar_pistol Guest

i guess it could be said that bulger has room for improvement in the getting rid of the ball department. as he develops confidence in the o-line/receivers/system i think this will improve. we could have three good (but young) receivers out there on any given play with speed and hands so the talent is there. i'm more concerned with the health of the o-line, if they're at 100% we'll be pretty good on offense but we've had key injuries in the past and guys have been dinged up with minor nagging injuries already.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Bulger SU.....ERR..... It's unfortunate that Marc will have to, once again, miss valuable time because of injury. Being the Rams #1 QB and hearing that he'll be ready to go against Seattle, in the season openner; however, gives the team a better chance of getting out of there with a "W".
    IT SUX! to see Bulger go through his struggles, but truthfully I feel more comfortable with him under center, only hoping that he can turn the corner and return to his probowl form of earlier in his career.
    AS the Rams get ready for the regular season, a gameplan should be broken down to its simpliest form as far as Marc Bulger and the Rams offense are concerned.

Disciplend protection from the OLine.
    Developing a good ground game with Steven Jackson.
    Sharpening mechanics and fine tune timing in the pocket.
    Build a rapport with the new and up&coming receivers.

Most of all Marc Bulger needs to shine, he's at the end of his rope, There's no other choice at this point and time, in the latter stage of his career. He's got to make it happen and last but not least...prove that he does not SUX!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ScottD413 Guest

RamFan1989 Guest

Ive always liked Bulger as qb and he worked wel for us early in his career as a Ram but his biggest hurdles havnt been related to hi skills as a passer but rather his health and the health of the o line. when hes healthy and has a good line to give him time in the pocket ( which is where hes comfortable) he does fine. If our offensive line stay healthy and be affective ( that means no penaltys from Incognito and injuries from pace) Bulger will find time to make plays.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Seriously, this cannot possibly be actually happening ....

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Seriously, this cannot possibly be actually happening ....
    You mean another Bulger thread ..?? Or .. no penalties from Cogs, and that Pace needs to stay healthy in Chicago to ensure Marc stays healthy ..

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    We buried that can of worms right along side that dead horse!!!!

GO RAMS!!!!!!

btimsah Guest

To address the posters concern. Yeah, Marc is slow in getting the ball out at times, as well as slow reading defenses. And with our horrible line, it's just a nightmare of a combination.

I'm not hopeful.

And if anyone does not like that, too bad. It's my opinion.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiianpunch View Post
    What is your take on Bulger for the upcoming season?
    If protected, he will be solid and generally efficient. He showed he can still read a play and get the ball out quick in the pre-season game against the Jets.

However, if we have the kind of pass protection we've had over the last half decade or more, and Bulger has to throw a lot to try and keep up with an opposition that scored too easily on our defense, then I don't think the results will be good.

If he doesn't rebound to have a solid year in 2009, the Rams may have to cut bait in 2010 if he won't renegotiate.

But that begs the question, who is this team's QB? Most teams who draft a passer at least have some stop-gap veteran in place, should the rook need to sit and learn at first. Kyle Boller isn't that player. Maybe they'll find someone on the 2010 free agent market they can bring in for that role.

I agree with you he's on the downside of his career, but I don't think that means he can't still be efficient. Just that his best days are probably behind him. In the right situation, I think he can still produce and do well. I'm anxious to see how he does in this offensive system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast