Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Marc Bulger versus Donovan McNabb

I taped the SanDiego versus Philly game today, and I just got done watching it.

I tell you, it really jumps out after watching the Rams. Almost every time Donovan McNabb was hit - a flag was thrown. If he ran and slid - a flag was thrown. If a DEF player's momentum carried him into McNabb, a flag was thrown.

After Bulger get the crap kicked out of him (I'm not talking about the Interception play) in the pocket, I was amazed by all the calls McNabb gets.

Has the league told officials to protect Endorsed stars ? Or from the commericals and all the Popularity of McNabb are the officials more sensitive in regards to protecting him. I don't know, but I know Bulger takes worse hits every quarter than McNabb got today and the flags were flying.

It isn't even close.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: Marc Bulger versus Donovan McNabb

The officials don't like Women owners and they hate Martz cause he uses all his challenges(extra work for the zebras)! So Bulger is kinda in the middle.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Mr.Blond Guest

Bugler: Single handedly Cost us the game in SF
    Bugler: Basically cost us the game in AZ..........we wouldve lost if Cards played it right, I think subconsiously Kurt let us win, and DID YOU WATCH?
    Bugler: Titans game, a win, to keep his job
    Bugler: Another loss, vs Giants
    Bugler: Another loss, vs division rival Seattle, stupid throws
    Bugler: Get torn a new one vs powerhouse Indy......but how could you expect him to win this one, it's indy for gods sake (note the sarcasm)
    Bugler: Calls a good game to Martin..........who WINS while playing WITHOUT Holt and Bruce, two star receivers

Bugler is a cancer on this team and always has been. JUST WIN RAMS
    WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StRams is offline Registered User

I just cant let this one go, maybe the rest of you have just learned to ignore this guy, but hey I'm stupid, I'll bite!

All of the above games you mentioned would have been blow outs if it werent for Marc having a +90 passer rating, throwing for over 1700 yards, 11 TD's, a 65% completion percentage and all of this when playing from behind, throwing 40+ passes per game and being sacked 20 times. In the only game we jumped out to an early lead in, most people would agree that we would have matched Indy Point for point, and being ahead, probabaly won that game. I know Colts fans that Agree that the turining point was Marc going down. Can you honestly say we had a better chance in that game after Marc got hurt?

Fact is if Marc is throwing wayyy too much. There is no consistent running game, there is no defense that gives the ball back to the O! There is No Playing with a comfortable lead! You put any QB in the leauge in that situation week after week, and you'd get very similar results, actually I'd go so far as to say about 75% of the leauge's passers would fair Worse, MUCH worse!

Is Marc the next comming of Montana? Is he the gutsy gunslinger that is Farve or Elway? No, but hes a tough, smart Quarterback that is FORCED into doing wayyy too much most of the time.

Did he cost us a few games this year? Maybe, but Id argue that we wouldnt have even been in those games if it werent for Marc!

Its ok to have an opinion, but Try and gather some Facts to back that opinion up before you go public with it..

You know who you are!

GO RAMS!
    Last edited by StRams; -10-24-2005 at 10:23 AM.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I doubt Mr. Blond is even a Rams fan, seems like he hasnt seen 1 game this year. Without Bulger this teams would be 1-6.
    Just Fix It

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I've met Mr. Blond, he's a Rams fan. However, he's also a huge Warner fan and still has a bitter taste about the whole thing.

He is a Rams fan though, if he's not he spent a lot of money to come to a bash three years ago not to be.

Mr.Blond Guest

Ok, So I had a couple drinks with you Tex and now you know me through and through? Sorry man, but I don't like people telling others about me, especially if they don't really know me. I'm NOT a huge Warner fan, I'm a RAMS fan. What gave you the idea I was a "huge" KW fan? I don't remember ever uttering words like that to you. Anyways, I'm in a win-win situation. If Marc f*&^s up like I think he will, I'm gonna come back here and rub it in all you's faces. And if he plays well, that means the Rams are winning and I'll be happy too.

Quote: Its ok to have an opinion, but Try and gather some Facts to back that opinion up before you go public with it..

Good advice.

No offense Tex, you're a nice guy, but I don't really take anything anyone says on the internet too seriously, I appreciate it for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Mr.Blond; -10-25-2005 at 04:27 AM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Easy there Trigger, I was defending you.

Dad gum it, you Easterners are sensitive folk....

:tongue:

caseycane is offline Registered User

WHOA! Slow down there Soprano! While I agree there were some questionable calls in Sunday's game against the Chargers, you should watch all the other games from this season before you make such a bold statement.

During the week 1 game against the Falcons, McNabb got SPEARED in the chest, and there was no penalty called. The guy was fined by league officials, but no penalty on the play. There have NUMEROUS cheap shots taken at McNabb where no penalty was called, such as in the NFC Championship game against the Panthers. McNabb was tripped up by a Panther defensive lineman, fell onto his back with his legs in the air, and then was POUNDED by a linebacker. That play was clearly over, and the hit that McNabb took was WAY beyond unnecessary roughness. Why a penalty wasn't called is beyond me, but that play essentially took the Eagles Super Bowl hopes away as McNabb was injured and couldn't play worth a damn. He was eventually benched because he just couldn't go.

Each and every week, McNabb gets pummelled, just like Bulger. It has everything to do with playcalling. When you have a coach that doesn't like to run, your QB has to be a tough SOB to take as many shots as these two QBs take. Both are exposed way too much by passing the ball 40-50 times a game and not having proper protection schemes in place.

Now, with Martz out (hope he gets well) the Rams finally will protect the QB. As you saw this past weekend, the Rams running game opened up the playaction pass, and gave Martin time to throw. It helps to have the defense bring 8 and 9 guys into the box to stop the run, as the Saints did quite a bit. They essentially decided to take Jackson out of the game after his first huge run, and they made Martin beat them. Well, the Rams continued to run, and to protect Martin. I really liked the gameplan, and from this point foward, I don't see teams being able to concentrate on Jackson. Especially if Holt and Bruce are back and healthy, I see lots of running lanes for Jackson, and alot of big games from him.

Just my two cents