Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Marc Bulger...wait just one minute here!

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    My biggest problem with Bulger is his pocket awareness. He doesnt feel it collapsing and when he does, he doesnt step up, step in, or move around. He just takes the sack. I see him brace for impact instead of trying to buy some time or throw the ball away, he tucks it, and lowers his head.
    Sometimes he doesn't, but sometimes he does. Your statement reads as if he never does, and while I haven't been able to watch all the games this year, I certainly recall seeing him step up, move around, and even take off running at times. His pocket awareness and confidence does need to improve, but I think it's important to note that it's not as if he never does these things.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Give Bulger the contract that Frerotte has and everyone will still hate his play, but they probably wouldn't give him so much blame and so much of the responsibility.
    I kind of doubt that, to be honest. The QB is always one of the most blamed players on a football team; it's the nature of the position. Bulger's contract adds fuel to the fire but even without the big bucks I think he still gets targeted like this in the blame game. Remember, there are large parts of this fan base that have never bought into Bulger because of the guy he replaced.

chiguy is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I kind of doubt that, to be honest. The QB is always one of the most blamed players on a football team; it's the nature of the position. Bulger's contract adds fuel to the fire but even without the big bucks I think he still gets targeted like this in the blame game. Remember, there are large parts of this fan base that have never bought into Bulger because of the guy he replaced.
    I don't disagree with many of your points, especially the fact that he's not Kurt hurts him with some people (and, oddly, helps him with others). Nevertheless, you don't see this kind of vitriol pointed at guys who are starters but not big money players. I think the anger that some people have started directing at Jackson kind of help makes my point.

But again, you're right when say that a lot of it has to do with Marc and the position he plays. I'm just saying that it wouldn't be as bad if he weren't as highly paid.

RealRam is offline Registered User

You're in good company here LARAM0, both from some of us that have been a bit too harsh on budy Bulger and from those of us that nevertheless, support our lonely QB.

Excellent job in disclosing Marc's numbers in reference to a former Ram QB, Gus that-hopped-on-the-bus Frerotte. And, as you can see, MB still is supported by many fans as we remember and know of some of his past stelar performances.

It's just that the entire offense is out of kilter and that makes Bulger look very bad, at times egregious. Thus the fans' long faces and quick and/or ugly manners towards a good QB, "The Quiet One".

As I've mentioned before in other threads, I just hope that the Rams will get a considerable amount of substantial gifts this Christmas, that will certainly avail the offense to help Marc help the Rams win! That is to say, that MB won't fall into the black hole of good quarterbacks that never really got a chance to help a team succeed.

Forgotten, left even under the mantle of mediocrity of NFL players. ...NO! ... GO MARC!
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-07-2008 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Tyop

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Numbers, offensive line, and all that aside, does Bulger play defense....the answer is NO! Defense is a bigger problem for us. In addition to that, we need a stable TE, improved WR play, and an improved O-line, if you give Marc that (like he had when he first stepped in for Warner) and he puts up solid numbers hands down. My only problem with Marc is that he is won't get in these guys faces and be a more vocal leader.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I'm supposed to feel good with a stat comparison of Bulger to Gus Ferotte? Oh, and it's because of who Bulger replaced that his critics never bought into him? Making comparisons to Steve Young and Joe Montana here? Keep em coming Bulgermaniacs. Next, you all will be telling me Georgia Fontiere was really a man.

Throw all the stats, but what if's, and if only's you want up on here, it doesn't matter. Bottom line with me is that he doesn't instill within me the confidence that he can "lead" (an intangible all of you seem to avoid to address) this team and the players around him to become better and win. I don't remember a single instance when I've been excited by Bulger's play.

BULGER...THE QUIET ONE
    Last edited by bigredman; -12-07-2008 at 11:52 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I'm supposed to feel good with a stat comparison of Bulger to Gus Ferotte? Oh, and it's because of who Bulger replaced that his critics never bought into him? Making comparisons to Steve Young and Joe Montana here? Keep em coming Bulgermaniacs. Next, you all will be telling me Georgia Fontiere was really a man.

Throw all the stats, but what if's, and if only's you want up on here, it doesn't matter. Bottom line with me is that he doesn't instill within me the confidence that he can "lead" (an intangible all of you seem to avoid to address) this team and the players around him to become better and win. I don't remember a single instance when I've been excited by Bulger's play.

BULGER...THE QUIET ONE
    Sadly, that's my same issue.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampower View Post
    thats the one,

the guy who led the nfl in td passes 89-90 and went to the probowl in 91.
    What about Vinnie?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12