Rambos is offline Registered User

Marc has answered the question

I have read, many times on this board that Marc just does not have the fire. He lacks leadership because he is so calm. The guy does no show excitant like other QB when they make big plays. When he runs for a first down he does not get up and let the world know how great he is, the list goes on. Well if you have any doubts about his toughness or his smarts or his charter or his leadership abilities, you are just not watching the games.

I like the fact that Marc is calling out some of the younger guys on this team, he needs to let them know that this is the NFL which stands for” Not For Long” if you come out and look lost after months of OTA’s, Camp, preseason and half way through the season.

Now Linehan needs to let the team know that Marc is the field general and sit guys like Barron for the lack of what ever smarts, discipline, competence, I would guess he just does not know the snap count and just does not care to concentrate from the time he leaves the huddle until the ball is snapped.

Last week when Vick did his dirty bird gesture, the first thing I thought about was. Marc would never embarrass the horns like that, as bad of a beating that he took he still is a class act and we are lucky to have him.

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

Re: Marc has answered the question

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I have read, many times on this board that Marc just does not have the fire. He lacks leadership because he is so calm. The guy does no show excitant like other QB when they make big plays. When he runs for a first down he does not get up and let the world know how great he is, the list goes on. Well if you have any doubts about his toughness or his smarts or his charter or his leadership abilities, you are just not watching the games.

I like the fact that Marc is calling out some of the younger guys on this team, he needs to let them know that this is the NFL which stands for” Not For Long” if you come out and look lost after months of OTA’s, Camp, preseason and half way through the season.

Now Linehan needs to let the team know that Marc is the field general and sit guys like Barron for the lack of what ever smarts, discipline, competence, I would guess he just does not know the snap count and just does not care to concentrate from the time he leaves the huddle until the ball is snapped.

Last week when Vick did his dirty bird gesture, the first thing I thought about was. Marc would never embarrass the horns like that, as bad of a beating that he took he still is a class act and we are lucky to have him.
    I think Marc has been way overdue in calling out his uncommitted players. He should have done it 5 or 6 games ago. If you see it, call it and stamp it out at the beginning point instead of letting it fester. Now, all are going to say that it doesn't matter because the season isn't worth saving. I give Bulger credit, but he waited too long to pull the trigger. If I was getting creamed by the Defense like he has been with this team, I would have called them out 2 or 3 years ago. Hell, Warner should have called them out!

If the dog doesn't hunt, get rid of him. Laziness is a cancer; it morphs into other regions of the body and before you know it, it's in the lmyph glands and all hope is gone. Would 'Tuna' let this go on in Dallas? How about Marty? Let's see, uh Holmgren? Would 'Lovie' let his team just ditty-bop on the field? Lovie Smith is a boot head coach and look at what he's done at Chicago. He had about the same 3 or 4 good players core and has his team fired up. So, don't hit me with that 'Rookie coach' stuff; if Lovie can do it, then it can be done. Linehan has the players, but he isn't getting it done.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

Good post I agree 100% ( + repped accordingly), the only problem and I hate to say it is sitting Barron could get Bulger killed. I agree we should sit him, but not at the cost of Bulger's health, because even with all of Barron's problems he is still better than the turnstiles we had at RT. :\
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Marc has answered what question? Yeah he's all upset with the lack of intensity on the field and the repeated mistakes by individuals. He said it himself in defense of HC Scott Linehan, Linehan is not on the field. I know that this has been discussed before but Marc needs to be the Field General.
    I know, I know he is. IMO He needs to change his approach to the leadership role. Try something different, find what works whatever it is "on the field".

rampete is offline Registered User

it really depends on what your definition of a leader is...

A) a frustrated veteran who calls out his players to the media...short of throwing them under the bus...to teach them a lesson...

B) a determined veteran who can get a group of guys to come together thru inspired action and words, away from the cameras...

i think bulger is a great QB in this league...but his low voltage quiet personality doesn't bode well when he voices his frustrations indirectly via the media...he comes off as less than a leader of men and more as a whiner...i hope i'm wrong about this...
    Last edited by rampete; -12-04-2006 at 05:05 PM. Reason: rephrasing to clarify a point...

1st & Goal is offline Registered User

Listen to his comments again. He has been at work, just in the locker room. As it should be. The big question is not who is he calling out. It is what are they going to do now that they have been called out? This is a very young team, that has a lot of growing to do. The remainder of the season should be used to evaluate this young tallent and find out who wants to play next year.
    "I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

MGRAM is offline Registered User

Question Re: Marc has answered the question

I've folllowed Marc since his WVU days and this seems so out of character for him its shocking. He must have really been ticked. Rightfully so! Not 100% sold on the method but it had to be done. My thing is: Where has the coaching staff been? They bear some responsibility in this.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampete View Post
    A) a frustrated veteran who calls out his players to the media...short of throwing them under the bus...to teach them a lesson.....
    Maybe he called them out because talking to them directly in the locker room wasn't getting it done. If this is the case, then I can completely understand why he blew up.
    Sprtsmac :football:

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sprtsmac View Post
    Maybe he called them out because talking to them directly in the locker room wasn't getting it done. If this is the case, then I can completely understand why he blew up.
    a leader finds ways to get thru to his players no matter how impossible it may seem...giving up on players should not be an option for a true leader...and calling out a player in-house is done everyday in every walk of life, but going public is to drive the target into a corner with little options...

maineram is offline Registered User

Marc looked pretty pissed off after one of his sacks and the d-lineman were pushing him around on the ground. Marc throws the ball at one of the d-lineman. He had the eyes of the demon right after that play. Maybe he said something after that wonderful play and got the, "eye roll", from one/some of the lineman he was speaking of in the locker room.
    I just don't think he should have said anything while the media was in the locker room. He should have waited until he was in a cooler frame of mind and addressed the offense/team before practice and ripped into them there. Emotions got the best of him after a pitifull loss and I can't blame him for that, it just wasn't the time or place to do so.
    Some division in the locker room will take place from those sound bites. When you lose, misery loves company.

Bulger....our fiery leader

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !