Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Mark Clayton Inactive for Cards game.

Mark Clayton Status: St. Louis Rams WR Will Not Be Active This Week

by Ryan Van Bibber on Nov 4, 2011 1:46 PM CDT in 2011 NFL regular season
    Marcio Jose Sanchez - APMore photos Ľ
    St. Louis Rams wide receiver Mark Clayton will not be activated from the PUP list this week.

Browse more photos Ľ

Some more good news for the St. Louis Rams on the injury front. Wide receiver Mark Clayton is feeling better this week, after injuring his Achilles tendon last week. That injury kept the Rams from activating him from the PUP list ahead of last week's game. Despite him feeling better, the Rams will not be activating Clayton for this week's game either, according to Jim Thomas.
    It's getting down to the wire for the Rams to make a decision on Clayton. They have until Wednesday, November 9, to add him to the active roster. According to PUP list rules, players are eligible to resume practice with the team after week 6. The team then has a three-week window to add them to the active roster or stick them back on the PUP list for the rest of the season.
    Clayton did not pass muster medically with the Rams when the lockout ended in late July. His knee injury, a torn patellar tendon, had not quite fully healed. They did eventually re-sign him and put him on the PUP list.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Mark Clayton Inactive for Cards game.

Better the achilles than the knee, but the Rams are going to have an interesting decision in five days if the injury persists.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

This whole Clayton thing really grinds my gears. I know its not his fault or anything, but the season's halfway over and we're still wondering if he's even gonna play this year.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Hope they activate him before the deadline .. but on the flip side i can understand why they are waiting, and for the player that would be cut appreciates that fact.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Obviously Mark has been recovering extremely slow but I don't think we know everything. Typically guys that get the injury Mark had usually are ready for the start of the season. Plus the fact that no football happened until August, he had even more time to recover and not force any practice he wasn't ready for. 7 weeks into the season and now its his Achilles.

I think he might just very well end up on IR. If he does, it's time to part ways.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Obviously Mark has been recovering extremely slow but I don't think we know everything. Typically guys that get the injury Mark had usually are ready for the start of the season. Plus the fact that no football happened until August, he had even more time to recover and not force any practice he wasn't ready for. 7 weeks into the season and now its his Achilles.

I think he might just very well end up on IR. If he does, it's time to part ways.

I don't agree that "guys who have that injury are typically ready to start the season". A torn patellar tendon is one of the more devastating injuries anyone can suffer, especially a receiver who relies on the ability to explode and cut. However, his absence is a bit alarming, especially since the receiver position is one of weakness- even with the acquisition of Lloyd. In any event, we'll know for sure on Nov. 9th.

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

You know, I fell in love with Clayton just like everybody else but let's face it. in 23 games, he's played 5. Granted, we got him for a slim jim and a pack of now-and-laters but he was injured goods when we got him and guess what, he's still injured. I mean seriously, it's been about 55-56 weeks of recovery and it seems like when he heals from an injury something else pops up.

Love him as a receiver but if out of 100 games he's only gonna play 15, he really is no use to the rams. Sorry, you gotta know when to hold em...and know when to fold em and right now clayton is looking as reliable as a 7-2 off suit.

Rambos is online now Registered User

If Clayton looks like he will be up in the next two weeks the Rams should activate him. If we can get a look at what Lloyd and Clayton can do when both on the field this year will help us set our draft board. If Lloyd and Clayton provide us two WR that can put points on the board, we might be able go CB, OT, OLB over WR in the draft.

At this point I'm on the fence taking a WR or OT with the first pick.