Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Mark, Mark, Mark..

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    So, the guy completes four of four passes. Hits a nice pass that goes 50 yards and people get on him...

We need a facepalm smiley.
    Excellent points. Lets review: Mark Sanchez goes 3/4 for 88 yards with great protection and he's the second coming, Marc Bulger goes 4/4 for 77 yards with abysmal protection and he's a bum who is totally lost. Okay, I get it now.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    New season, same shtick.
    Wait! Now YOU'RE saying it!

Oh, the humanity!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    Marc doesnt see the blitz or read the defenses fast enough. Thus they blitz.. he's clueless where there coming from.. and he gets sacked.

And yeah, our pass protection was not great either. But at some point Marc has to get the ball out quicker to the open man. I've been waiting for him to do that for about what 4 years now?

In other news, NFL Network LOVES MARK SANCHEZ. OMG.
    The first statement is B.S. here ...

As Nick mentioned, Marc probably could have avoided the sack on the first one, but not the two others, as they were a function of poor RB blitz pickup, and the nature of the play ...

Both times times it was practically the same setup, and had two wideouts running deep posts. If Bulger gets a split second more time on the second sack, it's a touchdown, because the Robinson had the inside with no safety help. Couldn't see an over the top view on the third sack, but it looked like exactly, or close to, the same play. Might have been Shurmur trying to give the guys a second chance to protect Marc, and they failed again ....

A solution to the poor blitz pickups is to dink and dunk it, a WCO trademark. I am sure Shurmur will mold the offense to do that if we cannot protect better. However, I saw an OC tonight trying to stretch the means of his offense. It looks like Robinson is a playmaker, and we WILL throw it deep from time to time ...

Everybody needs to relax, its way to early to being having discussions like this, but I should know better by now ...

bigredman is offline Registered User

Guys, Guys, Guys...how many times are we going to fall for this trap? The Bulger haters are going to throw stones at him as long as he is our quarterback. Just look at such threads with the sympathetic look you would give to someone who exclaims "The Detroit Lions are going to the Super Bowl!" Shake your head and walk away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Preseason, preseason, preseason.
    i agree a little bit with you C-mob,it's only preseason but how this team plays in the preseason usually carries over into the regular season as we can verify by the 5 wins the last 2 seasons,I think for this team to get better it has to play these games like they do count, a great quote for the Rams "how you practice is how you play the game "

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    So I guess we can agree he didn't have much of a pocket to work with tonight?

When I first saw this thread title, I thought it was gonna be a rant against all the gushing over Mark Sanchez by the Jet announcers after 3 pass completions in a preseason game.
    I was there and it was awful,thats all the fans talked about the whole game after he was in the game,considering most jets fans have the IQ of a grapefruit you can imagine the same stuff was repeated over and over,they really think this guy is the second coming.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Marc Bulger is not Randall Cunningham or Mike Vick. He is not a scrambling qb. He also had no where to go on any of the sacks. He went 4 for 4 and we were down 10-6 with the starters in there. Sanchez beat our 4th corner King on the deep throw. Bulger cant block for Darby and Jackson picked the outside blitzer and not the inside blitzer. All of you haters say Bulger isnt seeing the blitzes coming. I completely disagree, he is trying to trust his protection. Wow a qb has to have faith in protection to be effective imagine that. I'll tell you what Bulger looked comfortable last night. He didnt look gunshy and didnt seem to have happy feet. I will tell you though that if the protection doesnt improve that wont last long. 4 for 4 for 77 yards seems pretty good in short work.

Like Red said the haters do nothing but drag us into this idiotic conversation time after time. Let them hate they will get their wish some day and then we can watch them love on the Tony Banks of the world. The grass isnt always greener on the other side, we could be a LOT worse off then we are with Bulger.
    Just Fix It

ManofGod is online now Registered User

Being a defensive coach the blitz(s) were actually well devised, and they were designed to attack at our week point our RT. The Jets sent a 2 man blitz several times which required:
    1.exellent communication among the OL and
    2.a great blocking back or atleast one that knows that you always ensure that the inside blitzer is picked up before the outside one (sorta like Kevin Faulk for the Pats)

On 2 of those sacks we had neither, and on the other Marc had no and I mean NO pocket to step into. Needless to say our protection needs a great deal of work, I mean even still the man went 4/4 and NO INT's against a very talent filled defense, not bad. Now our run blocking....man we looking in mid-season form, just wish our pass blocking would catch up, hmmmm but then again some of that could have have just been the greatness of Mr. Jackson. That dude is simply a beast.
    Last edited by ManofGod; -08-15-2009 at 11:44 AM.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I'll say this, no QB in the league could have thrown that pass to Robinson any better than Bulger did. It was effortless and simple on his part, and a thing of absolute beauty ...

Bulger's arm strength is underrated in my opinion ....

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    first Qrt he sucked at moving out of the pocket. Its pissing me off that

he steps in to the blitz instead of stepping left or right. Same O Same O is

what i see. Im at a lost to see us look sooo bad with our first group in the

starting group.

I can see the poor drafting from years past not being gone for atleast two years.
    LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS!!
    And It's MARC Bulger and MARK Sanchez. Who are we talking about here?

One bright spot on MARC he completed all his passes.....something to build on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    Marc doesnt see the blitz or read the defenses fast enough. Thus they blitz.. he's clueless where there coming from.. and he gets sacked.

And yeah, our pass protection was not great either. But at some point Marc has to get the ball out quicker to the open man. I've been waiting for him to do that for about what 4 years now?

In other news, NFL Network LOVES MARK SANCHEZ. OMG.
    I am and always will be a Bulger fan. With that being said I do have to agree at times Mark does seem lost with is reads and reacting to the defense instead of making them react to him.

Is it because of the system?

Is it because Bulger lacks the knowledge?

Is it due to lack of support and line play?

Or is it due to the Rams are still learning a new system and need time to make these adjustements before the season starts?

All I know is when you look to correct a problem and changes have been made up and down the line and the problem still exist with the one constant being Bulger? Maybe you have to take a good long look at the constant and honestly say is he getting the job done?

I feel it's too early to say but I can say I am concern if I continue to see him struggle with reads and making adjustements on the fly.

Go Rams

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    I am and always will be a Bulger fan. With that being said I do have to agree at times Mark does seem lost with is reads and reacting to the defense instead of making them react to him.

Is it because of the system?

Is it because Bulger lacks the knowledge?

Is it due to lack of support and line play?

Or is it due to the Rams are still learning a new system and need time to make these adjustements before the season starts?
    I think last night it was mainly due to the untouched 250-lb. linebackers that were running towards him at full speed.

Those were some beautful blitzes that were dialed up. But dang, we still have to pick those up.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is online now Registered User

Why is that people wont think rationally when it comes to bulger, but when it comes to the same fans, they love jackson and NEVER point out how absolutely awful he is at picking up the blitz. Jackson has shown essentially no improvement in that area over the course of his career. Yet another thing that people didnt appreciate about the greatest ram ever, marshall faulk.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Excellent points. Lets review: Mark Sanchez goes 3/4 for 88 yards with great protection and he's the second coming, Marc Bulger goes 4/4 for 77 yards with abysmal protection and he's a bum who is totally lost. Okay, I get it now.
    Its that 10 yards that make all the difference.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Its that 10 yards that make all the difference.
    It doesn't take much, does it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast