Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    btimsah Guest

Re: Mark, Mark, Mark..

Bulger is an average QB at this point. When a Corner blitzes from the edge, a 40+ million dollar qb should be able to find the open man immediately. Someone must be open in that instance, but far too often Bulger is looking elsewhere completely unaware of the blitz. A problem? Yes, because now that this is a copy cat league everyone knows what to do to him and they keep doing it. This is what makes him so inconsistent. Just like teams have known that to run on the rams you get the Rams in the Nickle defense. They did it for years. As for being a Bulger hater, I guess I am. I don't think he's a very good QB anymore. Sorry. He has his moments, and at times can be an accurate passer but it's almost like he needs to be taught the basics all over again.

Hopefully Keith Null can be our QB of the future, or after another bad season with Bulger at the helm we get Bradford or McCoy.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    Bulger is an average QB at this point. When a Corner blitzes from the edge, a 40+ million dollar qb should be able to find the open man immediately. Someone must be open in that instance, but far too often Bulger is looking elsewhere completely unaware of the blitz. A problem? Yes, because now that this is a copy cat league everyone knows what to do to him and they keep doing it. This is what makes him so inconsistent. Just like teams have known that to run on the rams you get the Rams in the Nickle defense. They did it for years. As for being a Bulger hater, I guess I am. I don't think he's a very good QB anymore. Sorry. He has his moments, and at times can be an accurate passer but it's almost like he needs to be taught the basics all over again.

Hopefully Keith Null can be our QB of the future, or after another bad season with Bulger at the helm we get Bradford or McCoy.
    OK, explain this to me. You want Bulger to be watching for a blitz instead of looking downfield to see who is open? Oooooooh Kaaaaaaaaay. That is supposed to make him complete more plays how? Either he TRUSTS his line and RB to block for him so he can pass the ball, or he spends time looking for the blitz. Unless he is crosseyed, I don't think he can do both at the same time.
    Watch ANY successful QB in the league. They will be PROTECTED. A QB without protection won't be on his feet for long, doesn't matter who it is.

Maybe you should spend some time watching teams like New England, 'Zona, Minnesota, and Indy. They all have one thing in common - their QB TRUSTS his O=line and other blockers to pick up the blitz so he can concentrate on COMPLETING THE PASS instead of looking out for other guy's mistakes.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post

Wow very positive post. So what your saying is just because a team blitzes a cornerback that someone has to be open? I'm not positive but most coaches when they blitz a corner usually roll coverage that way, maybe im wrong. Maybe Bulger actually thinks his protection is gonna be just that protection.

Exactly what basics is he missing? Just curious why you werent hired to coach the Rams, you have all the answers. The guy does see blitzes coming but if no one is open what is he supposed to do? Should he throw it up for grabs. Should he transform into Mike Vick and scramble? Just take an intentional grounding and avoid the hit? Just curious why all you lawnchair qb's think you have better answers than a professional organization? Interesting that 40 million dollars makes you more mobile and can make wr's magically become open. I see qb's looking elsewhere a lot when teams surprisingly blitz corners and linebackers. If defensive coaches wanted the qb to know what blitzes were coming they wouldnt diguise them. They wouldnt run 9 guys up to the line and then only blitz one guy.

So if Bulgers first read is to the left and the defense blitzes the left corner from Marc's right side how is he supposed to see that blitz coming. I'm just curious how a guy can look one way but still see a blitz coming from the other. Funny Kellen Clemons didnt see Little hit him in the face and force a fumble. I've seen Kurt Warner take plenty of hits when he didnt see a guy coming and fumble the ball to boot. If it's so easy to do, you go out there and take a few snaps and see if you see everything coming your way.
    Just Fix It

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Wow very positive post. So what your saying is just because a team blitzes a cornerback that someone has to be open? I'm not positive but most coaches when they blitz a corner usually roll coverage that way, maybe im wrong. Maybe Bulger actually thinks his protection is gonna be just that protection.

Exactly what basics is he missing? Just curious why you werent hired to coach the Rams, you have all the answers. The guy does see blitzes coming but if no one is open what is he supposed to do? Should he throw it up for grabs. Should he transform into Mike Vick and scramble? Just take an intentional grounding and avoid the hit? Just curious why all you lawnchair qb's think you have better answers than a professional organization? Interesting that 40 million dollars makes you more mobile and can make wr's magically become open. I see qb's looking elsewhere a lot when teams surprisingly blitz corners and linebackers. If defensive coaches wanted the qb to know what blitzes were coming they wouldnt diguise them. They wouldnt run 9 guys up to the line and then only blitz one guy.

So if Bulgers first read is to the left and the defense blitzes the left corner from Marc's right side how is he supposed to see that blitz coming. I'm just curious how a guy can look one way but still see a blitz coming from the other. Funny Kellen Clemons didnt see Little hit him in the face and force a fumble. I've seen Kurt Warner take plenty of hits when he didnt see a guy coming and fumble the ball to boot. If it's so easy to do, you go out there and take a few snaps and see if you see everything coming your way.
    Rammiser, this guy you are arguing with doesn't even watch the games man. Maybe someday I'll learn to stop arguing with him, and then I can help everyone else do the same ...

Ventesette is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    OK, explain this to me. You want Bulger to be watching for a blitz instead of looking downfield to see who is open? Oooooooh Kaaaaaaaaay. That is supposed to make him complete more plays how? Either he TRUSTS his line and RB to block for him so he can pass the ball, or he spends time looking for the blitz. Unless he is crosseyed, I don't think he can do both at the same time.
    Watch ANY successful QB in the league. They will be PROTECTED. A QB without protection won't be on his feet for long, doesn't matter who it is.

Maybe you should spend some time watching teams like New England, 'Zona, Minnesota, and Indy. They all have one thing in common - their QB TRUSTS his O=line and other blockers to pick up the blitz so he can concentrate on COMPLETING THE PASS instead of looking out for other guy's mistakes.
    If you want to see completed passes I wouldn't look to Minnesota. Maybe Rosenfels is the real deal, but their passing game was NOT fun to watch in 2008.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS!!
    And It's MARC Bulger and MARK Sanchez. Who are we talking about here?

One bright spot on MARC he completed all his passes.....something to build on.
    And this from one of the Clan's more outspoken Bulger critics. I think more of this kind of thinking needs to be used when assessing preseason play.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234