Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Mark my words ...

... barring injury, Keenan Burton becomes the Ram's most reliable receiver in 2010 ...

The third-year pro is having a lights out camp, and shows smoothless and route-running skills that are unmatched by other receivers in camp ...

Despite a lack of elite top-end speed, Burton showed an ability in college and is also doing so in camp, to get get open and get under passes. He has consistently been able to demonstrate a second gear to get under the deep ball early in camp ...

Burton easily has the best hands of the bunch. Burton dropped ZERO passes in 2009. He had 18 catches in the 4 games prior to his season ending injury in 2009 ...

Burton's best attribute is his quickness, and he showed on a few occasions last year how quickly he can come back, snag the pass, and get downfield quickly. He fits the WCO very nicely ...

You heard it hear, Burton may not catch 90 balls in 2010, but he'll be put in place to play a Ricky Proehl type role ...

I have no doubt he'll succeed ...

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Mark my words ...

Interesting.

In your opinion, who are the 5-6 WRs that you think will make it? Including Burton.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Interesting.

In your opinion, who are the 5-6 WRs that you think will make it? Including Burton.
    Robinson, Avery, Burton, Gibson, Gilyard, Amendola ....

I think they are all fairly interchangable. I think that Robinson is easily the most talented, and the definitive #1 ....

If the Mizzou kid signs, this could change ....

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Robinson, Avery, Burton, Gibson, Gilyard, Amendola ....

I think they are all fairly interchangable. I think that Robinson is easily the most talented, and the definitive #1 ....

How's Gilyard look? I expect big things from him, I think he's super-talented. I've been reading some training camp notes from other websites and a lot of people are saying how the WRs are dropping a lot of balls...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RebelYell is offline Registered User

JMO but zero chance Alexander makes an NFL active roster this year. He hasn't worked out in many months and missed the entire offseason workout program and the mini camps. If he signs with a team, he's walking in 3 months behind schedule, in sub par physical shape and nursing a knee injury after surgery. He's destined to be on a practice squad in 2010.

edit: I like Burton a lot and agree, he's a Proehl type of player. Very good hands and runs pro routes well. Burton is definitely a Proehl type / possession receiver who would bring a lot to this style of offense.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

For some reason, this is the first I've read of someone endorsing Keenan Burton. On one thread earlier this off-season, almost no one made any particular mention of him, but I agree he'll almost certainly be there opening day and likely see quite a bit of playing time.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Honestly I'd be verry surprised to see a ton of Burton and I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make the team. Avery and Robinson are the starters on the outside. Amendola and Gillyard will man the slot. I would put him behind Gibson. They both played 8 games lat year, but Gibson had much less time with the team and he was a rookie, but he still had 100 more yards 9 more catches and 1 touchdown to burtons zero. I don't see a ton of explosiveness or playmaking ability like I see in some other receivers on the team. I would take the upside and ability of Foster and McRae over Burton, but that's just my opinion. We have 10 recievers and its not out of the question for any of those 10 guys to start, but we will only keep 6. The way i see it going down in alphabetical order Amendola, Avery, Foster, Gibson, Gillyard, and Robinson.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I loved what I saw from Burton last year, but he just didn't make very many plays that would get him noticed. If he is having as good as camp as you are saying, that hopefully means he is ready to break out. They say the third year is when WRs tend to break out if they ever do.

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    edit: I like Burton a lot and agree, he's a Proehl type of player. Very good hands and runs pro routes well. Burton is definitely a Proehl type / possession receiver who would bring a lot to this style of offense.
    woah ... that is a big call. Hope that is true. If he is 50% of what Ricky was, particularly on clutch plays, he'll be good.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I'd be mildly surprised if Burton was one of the 5-6 WRs kept. I think the staff wants to see what their guys can do (Gibson, Robinson, Gilyard & Foster). Amen$*(% is proven effective at KR/P R. And Avery isn't going anywhere........yet.

Robinson, Avery, Gilyard <sp>, Gibson, Amen..%)*, Foster. (Not necessarily in that order).

Good training camp or not, barring injuries, I would think he's number 7.

But hey, maybe they try to put Foster on the practice squad. Doubt it though.
    Last edited by Richbert88; -08-05-2010 at 12:17 PM.
    Semper Fi!

Avery and Burton is offline Registered User

... barring injury, Keenan Burton becomes the Ram's most reliable receiver in 2010 ...

The third-year pro is having a lights out camp, and shows smoothless and route-running skills that are unmatched by other receivers in camp ...

Despite a lack of elite top-end speed, Burton showed an ability in college and is also doing so in camp, to get get open and get under passes. He has consistently been able to demonstrate a second gear to get under the deep ball early in camp ...

Burton easily has the best hands of the bunch. Burton dropped ZERO passes in 2009. He had 18 catches in the 4 games prior to his season ending injury in 2009 ...

Burton's best attribute is his quickness, and he showed on a few occasions last year how quickly he can come back, snag the pass, and get downfield quickly. He fits the WCO very nicely ...

You heard it hear, Burton may not catch 90 balls in 2010, but he'll be put in place to play a Ricky Proehl type role ...

I have no doubt he'll succeed ...
    I'm a huge Burton fan, have been since he was drafted and I was waiting for someone to post something like this! THANK YOU!

Burton has been taking this years camp by storm, he's impressed in camp in the past but this year he's really taking to it.

Go Burton!!!

marcus1111 is offline Registered User

"They say the third year is when WRs tend to break out if they ever do"... maybe yes maybe no....
    can think of a pair of wr cinn bengals picked up several years ago from oregon st... from the get go with a young qb from usc...

sound similar to the rams current situation?

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

This is the first good thing i've heard about burton in training camp. Everyone else(like actual journalists) say he doesn't look very good and dropping passes. I would be kind of surprised to see him on our above 5 on our depth chart and he might not even make it.

Avery and Burton is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SJacks039 View Post
    This is the first good thing i've heard about burton in training camp. Everyone else(like actual journalists) say he doesn't look very good and dropping passes. I would be kind of surprised to see him on our above 5 on our depth chart and he might not even make it.
    Could you possibly show me any links or direct websites that "everyone else" is saying Burton hasn't been doing well in camp? Because from what I've read, even on the Rams website he's been doing very well. He's dropped one in camp that I heard, but he's made some great plays. Averys dropped more than anything but sadly we're all used to that. I'm just curious because I do alot of research on Burton in camp and what not and I haven't seen anything negative said.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

I have only heard good things about Burton this season. I am really saddened because I'm pretty sure we wont take him and someone else will find our diamond in the rough. I mean he is a good player with a heck of potential, just we cant afford too keep him. Poor young man will be playing elsewhere next season unless he is on the PS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast