chiguy is offline Registered User

Mark Setterstrom

To Mark -- GREAT GAME! Keep it up.

To the fans -- settle down already, he's played exactly one game. Honestly, to suggest all our problems are solved because of one game.... Anyone else want to describe what happened to Fitz after his great first game? Patience folks. It is a virtue.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Mark Setterstrom

he should play every game for the rest of the year alongside Incognito, and build up his experience but also an understanding with Richie. Ideally he would play alongside Pace, but with Pace out he might be tested more.

if we get that centre bit of the line sorted, next year could be very good for the OL

my only concern is that Timmerman is getting old and we havent really got anyone who can come in to replace him when he goes. Maybe thats something for the draft next year.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The O line has been a problem most of the year; we had a rookie play well in his first game, but there is still some holes to patch up on the line.

The guy played a good game, nothing wrong with pointing that out. He is going to be the starter at least for the rest of the season.

Comparing a QB to a LG is kind of apples and oranges don't you think?
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

I wasn't comparing a QB to an OL. I'm comparing the fans reactions to the two situations.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    I wasn't comparing a QB to an OL. I'm comparing the fans reactions to the two situations.
    Gotcha chiguy; I think that with all the problems on the O line the past few seasons, Stetterstrom's performance was a breath of fresh air.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    Gotcha chiguy; I think that with all the problems on the O line the past few seasons, Stetterstrom's performance was a breath of fresh air.
    Me too. The problem is the fans think they've found an unpolluted paradise. A factory might still be around the corner, if you know what I mean.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    he should play every game for the rest of the year alongside Incognito, and build up his experience but also an understanding with Richie. Ideally he would play alongside Pace, but with Pace out he might be tested more.

if we get that centre bit of the line sorted, next year could be very good for the OL

my only concern is that Timmerman is getting old and we havent really got anyone who can come in to replace him when he goes. Maybe thats something for the draft next year.
    Well Claude Terrell should be back next season and should provide some help to the O-Line. He was effective as a rookie and hopefully will show improved work ethic this offseason. He has the potential to be a good guard for the Rams.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Me too. The problem is the fans think they've found an unpolluted paradise. A factory might still be around the corner, if you know what I mean.
    I agree with your thoughts on SET and said it in another post also, people need to relax a little. Remember all the people who were praising our D as good to great and it's fixed etc after only one game against Denver. Patience please, before anointing SET as the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    The backhanded compliments about Austin Davis are amusing.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39 View Post
    Well Claude Terrell should be back next season and should provide some help to the O-Line. He was effective as a rookie and hopefully will show improved work ethic this offseason. He has the potential to be a good guard for the Rams.

The only problem with Claude is that he seem sto have problems with his weight and other things. If he comes back and plays well, then great.

but i still think we need to look at OL in the first day of the draft or FA, just to make things better. We have everything on offense set apart from that one guard spot. The problem is im not sure if the team can wait for another young player to develop into a starter, we need someone who can come in and play right now