Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Marmie should stay

As much as I hate to say this and it burns me up inside and know I will catch a lot of heat for this BUT...

...Marmie should be given one more year. It is pretty hard to judge a coach in one year when trying to implement a new system. I know that letting him go this soon in the game would be doing a disservice to someone and not respecting what they are trying to accomplish.

NOW, under the same lines. Should not Stock then stay??? Why would you grease the palm of one and not the other?"

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Re: Marmie should stay

Please. sMarmie should do the honorable thing and take a page from Japanese tradition and commit Hari Kari to save his coach from further embarrassment.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I don't think Marmie has the players he needs to get his defense in motion. I'll second the motion for him to stay. Martz also! He and the front office need to get on the same page and be aggressive as hell and make FA aquisitions and in the draft! But Defense is the big Gapping hole that is our problem. Talent isn't in great amouts right now on that side of the ball !
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

ramhard is offline Registered User

Did you see "Inside the NFL" - clear anti-Marmie !

Before you defend Marmie and say he doesn't have the players, Vick was on the sidelines laughing at the Rams defense for being out of position and making it easy for the Falcons. That's not talent, that's coaching folks.

And early in the year you can talk about installing a system, but by week 19 that doesn't hold water.
    Last edited by ramhard; -01-21-2005 at 06:01 PM. Reason: adding info

Then again , this team should never have made the playoffs! And yes they were humiliated to the bone! But I don't think any coach in the NFL could have made that group look good!!!!! :disappoin

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The fact that Marmie was sent packing by the Cardinals pretty much sums it up. He got nothing done in Arizona and nothing done for the Rams. He'll get his second chance though, especially after a season of Martz telling anyone who would listen what a great defensive mind his pal Marmie was. As long as Martz is around, odds are Marmie will be too.

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Re: Did you see "Inside the NFL" - clear anti-Marmie !

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard
    Before you defend Marmie and say he doesn't have the players, Vick was on the sidelines laughing at the Rams defense for being out of position and making it easy for the Falcons. That's not talent, that's coaching folks.

And early in the year you can talk about installing a system, but by week 19 that doesn't hold water.
    You coach all you want..that doesn't mean the players will be in the right position..especially when your putting in a new more complicated D..with a bunch of knuckle head d-linemen

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The thing that kills me is this D was put together by Lovie Smith to run the Cover two. Marmie comes in and runs this bend don't break/ read and react, or whatever they call it.
    Piont is if you are going to run a certian scheme make sure you have the RIGHT players to run it.
    They either have to clean house, like the 01' season, and bring in the right personnel to have an effective D.
    OR, clean out the D coaching staff and hire a D coordinator that will run a scheme that fits the players.

:ramlogo:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    The thing that kills me is this D was put together by Lovie Smith to run the Cover two. Marmie comes in and runs this bend don't break/ read and react, or whatever they call it.
    Piont is if you are going to run a certian scheme make sure you have the RIGHT players to run it.
    They either have to clean house, like the 01' season, and bring in the right personnel to have an effective D.
    OR, clean out the D coaching staff and hire a D coordinator that will run a scheme that fits the players.

Well said, Ramman.

I've only brought that up on every topic so far , glad someone else can get my point across! :tongue:

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68

I agree that this is a great point. To me, this all falls on Marmie. He obviously had the same problems coordinating personnel and schemes in Arizona. While he was calling the shots for the Cardinals in 2003, their total defense ranked 26th and their scoring defense was dead last at 32nd.
    Just one year later without him in 2004, they improved to 12th in both categories.

JCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I agree that this is a great point. To me, this all falls on Marmie. He obviously had the same problems coordinating personnel and schemes in Arizona. While he was calling the shots for the Cardinals in 2003, their total defense ranked 26th and their scoring defense was dead last at 32nd.
    Just one year later without him in 2004, they improved to 12th in both categories.
    Wow! I did not know that if it is true then I would say that Marmie is definitly the problem, I just don't beleive that the Rams defense is that bad, after what they did last year and just looking down the roster I see a lot of names that I would prefer to keep than what some of the other teams have on the field. They just need some leadership.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The fact that Arizona's defense has improved so much since Marmie left and the Rams defense has fallen apart since Marmie arrived leads me to believe Marmie will never get it together.

Time will not help him. Different players, different schemes are not going to make a difference. The Rams should cut their losses now and move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike

That's pretty telling right there. Thanks for proving those numbers, Mike.

Kane is offline Registered User

Marmie should not stay. Marmie could not get players like Archuleta and Little to play anywhere near the standard that they achieved last year. If he can't lead and inspire, he shouldn't be there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast