Thread: Marshall Faulk

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Marshall Faulk

Screw Fisher

Hire Marshall now!

HC - GM - Just get it done!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Marshall Faulk

As great a player and as iconic a figure as Marshall Faulk is, this simply would not be a smart move. The man has zero experience coaching a team or running a ball club. Sentiment alone cannot dictate a decision such as this.

Fettmaster is online now Registered User

Yeah sweet maybe Isaac Bruce can be our OC and Leonard Little can be our DC. And what the hell, let's fire Demoff and appoint Warner too.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

things are already up sh** creek, why not have some fun.

i bet this would fire up the fan base.

it would only fire up the fan base until our first loss.

I want an experienced HC, why not bring in Faulk to get him started on the coaching ladder?
    Tampa_Ram and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Even though Faulk was one of the smartest guys on the field when it came to reading defenses and making adjustments, there is no guarantee it will translate to the sidelines. There is a lot more to for an NFL coach to do than just teach guys plays and throwing the challenge flag. I could see an argument to making him an RB coach or something like that, IF he had a strong coaching staff above him to lead him for all of the other aspects of the coaching game.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    it would only fire up the fan base until our first loss.

I want an experienced HC, why not bring in Faulk to get him started on the coaching ladder?
    Letting him work his way up the ladder is a great idea. Some former players adapt right away and some don't. Let him test the waters.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I think Faulk could be a great coach in the future. With that being said, I wouldn't mind giving him a chance at something like a RB coach. See how he likes it and how he works himself up.

sb34rams is offline Registered User

If Marshall was really interested in coaching, wouldn't he make it known to the Rams when he retired? I don't see him leaving his cushy NFL Network gig for a low paying RB Coaching job. Head Coach is out of the question in this stage of the process. Otherwise, why would the Rams be so interested in an experienced coach like Fisher?

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

LOL....this is funny. Great players usually make lousy coaches. Doing it as a player has NO bearing on the ability to coach others to do the same. The God-given talent that guys like MF had usually leads to a total inabilty to understand why others can't do it as well. Sure he has the football head for game-time decision making, but coaching? Doesn't translate.

Besides, I didn't know he was interested in coaching. If he is, perhaps bringing him in to work with the RB's? ..although I don't think that would work as long as SJ is in the house.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Rambos is offline Registered User

If we don't get Fisher and hire a young GM and coordinator as a head coach... I could see Marshall coming as President... Yeah it would be more of a PR move early. But Marshal is a very bright guy and could grow into a great leader for organization for the future.

Geez you guys,

This was intended for the category of "NO NEW JEFF FISHER THREADS UNTIL SOMETHING OFFICIAL IS ANNOUNCED"

Everyone that has ever listened to Faulk knows he has absolutely no desire to be a coach. He reiterated this while doing game broadcasts during this last preseason.

It's absurd how so many of you sit around and pine for a 54 year old former coach. Sure I'm biased, but I'd challenge anyone to make a better case for a current NFL HC position than what Stan has laid out. Yet the poor pathetic guy is reportedly agoninzing over a possible franchise move. What's he worried that will require more effort than he's willing to put out?

I say close the door on this drama queen. He's simply not that good!

Once again - Screw Fisher and move on!!

THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Geez you guys,

This was intended for the category of "NO NEW JEFF FISHER THREADS UNTIL SOMETHING OFFICIAL IS ANNOUNCED"

Everyone that has ever listened to Faulk knows he has absolutely no desire to be a coach. He reiterated this while doing game broadcasts during this last preseason.

It's absurd how so many of you sit around and pine for a 54 year old former coach. Sure I'm biased, but I'd challenge anyone to make a better case for a current NFL HC position than what Stan has laid out. Yet the poor pathetic guy is reportedly agoninzing over a possible franchise move. What's he worried that will require more effort than he's willing to put out?

I say close the door on this drama queen. He's simply not that good!

Once again - Screw Fisher and move on!!

First off, many of us- myself included- think the best available option for this football team is a 54 year old former coach with a track record of some success rather than go the coordinator route yet again afer 8 years of abysmal failure. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? Secondly, we have NO IDEA what Stan laid out. We have NO IDEA if a formal offer has been made. We have NO IDEA what Fisher values in a prospective coaching gig. We only know what is reported by these geniuses in the media who have gotten everything wrong this week concerning Fisher, the Rams and the Dolphins and have been a steady fountain of misinformation. And third, I'd say a possible franchise move is certainly reason to take pause- especially since Fisher worked out of a trailer for 17 months while Houston relocated to Tennessee. Anyone who values stability- Fisher worked for 16 years in one place- would be concerned.

It's amazing how many people find ways to pick apart guys who had previous success. I've seen negative comments about Cowher (Look what Tomlin's doing, Cowher wasn't that good), Gruden (he doesn't develop players), Fisher (His career record is mediocre), Schottenheimer (He's too old), blah, blah, blah. It's a joke. And some of these same individuals supported keeping Spags!! I guess everybody blows unless it's Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick or Vince Lombardi.

Fisher's decision will come soon enough. We'd all do ourselves a tremendous favor by not hanging on every word Jason laCanfora, Jay Glazer, Michael Lombardi and the rest of these idiots spout every 5 minutes.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -01-12-2012 at 11:21 PM.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    First off, many of us- myself included- think the best available option for this football team is a 54 year old former coach with a track record of some success rather than go the coordinator route yet again afer 8 years of abysmal failure. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? Secondly, we have NO IDEA what Stan laid out. We have NO IDEA if a formal offer has been made. We have NO IDEA what Fisher values in a prospective coaching gig. We only know what is reported by these geniuses in the media who have gotten everything wrong this week concerning Fisher, the Rams and the Dolphins and have been a steady fountain of misinformation. And third, I'd say a possible franchise move is certainly reason to take pause- especially since Fisher worked out of a trailer for 17 months while Houston relocated to Tennessee. Anyone who values stability- Fisher worked for 16 years in one place- would be concerned.

It's amazing how many people find ways to pick apart guys who had previous success. I've seen negative comments about Cowher (Look what Tomlin's doing, Cowher wasn't that good), Gruden (he doesn't develop players), Fisher (His career record is mediocre), Schottenheimer (He's too old), blah, blah, blah. It's a joke. And some of these same individuals supported keeping Spags!!
    Fisher's decision will come soon enough. We'd all do ourselves a tremendous favor by not hanging on every word Jason laCanfora, Jay Glazer, Michael Lombardi and the rest of these idiots spout every 5 minutes.

There is NO guarantee with Fisher. No matter how much that you and any other genius from the "world of fans" seem to think. We can only hope that you and the others were not the same group singing the praises of Spags when he was hired. Of course, if we knew that for certain, we could simply brush off your current pleas with a roar of laughter.

Actually we do have SOME IDEA of Stan's vision. He gave us that IDEA in an interview that he granted. And that interview was published before Fisher was interviewed. I'd venture to guess that Fisher was well aware of what Stan had made public. However, it remains unknown as to whether Fisher asked any questions, of Stan, about his recently revealed vision. If Fisher did not do so, then he is the idiot.

Just for the record I'm not promoting any NAMES in the coaching world for the Rams current opening. Personally, I'm not going to get all worked up over something that I have absolutely zero control over. It's a freaking waste of my energy that I can use to better my own life. And I'm not going to spend hours and days pining on a freaking message board over an unemployed NFL coach.

I think Fisher is currently holding two teams hostage and quite possibly his camp has been the biggest pot stirrer in this media frenzy. It's nothing but a freaking joke considering he brings no more of a guarantee than the next guy. SOME past success does not guarantee future performance.

If he takes the job then sobeit. But for now I'm happy to see the team moving forward and exploring other options. Which in my mind should have been their approach all along. Stan claims he'd like a guy comparable to belichick. Well, he better look around, because I don't think Jeff Fisher is that comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I guess everybody blows unless it's Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick or Vince Lombardi.
    Or....Jeff Fisher?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    There is NO guarantee with Fisher. No matter how much that you and any other genius from the "world of fans" seem to think. We can only hope that you and the others were not the same group singing the praises of Spags when he was hired. Of course, if we knew that for certain, we could simply brush off your current pleas with a roar of laughter.

Actually we do have SOME IDEA of Stan's vision. He gave us that IDEA in an interview that he granted. And that interview was published before Fisher was interviewed. I'd venture to guess that Fisher was well aware of what Stan had made public. However, it remains unknown as to whether Fisher asked any questions, of Stan, about his recently revealed vision. If Fisher did not do so, then he is the idiot.

Just for the record I'm not promoting any NAMES in the coaching world for the Rams current opening. Personally, I'm not going to get all worked up over something that I have absolutely zero control over. It's a freaking waste of my energy that I can use to better my own life. And I'm not going to spend hours and days pining on a freaking message board over an unemployed NFL coach.

I think Fisher is currently holding two teams hostage and quite possibly his camp has been the biggest pot stirrer in this media frenzy. It's nothing but a freaking joke considering he brings no more of a guarantee than the next guy. SOME past success does not guarantee future performance.

If he takes the job then sobeit. But for now I'm happy to see the team moving forward and exploring other options. Which in my mind should have been their approach all along. Stan claims he'd like a guy comparable to belichick. Well, he better look around, because I don't think Jeff Fisher is that comparable.

Or....Jeff Fisher?

You're right- past performance is no guarantee of future success. But I'd rather take that option than the completely unproven coordinator route, which has been tried without success twice in a row. That is a logical approach- and one that no one need apologize for. If you don't want Fisher, fine- i have no problem with that. But people who disparage Fisher's coaching ability because they're frustrated he hasn't made a decison are immature and misguided.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast