Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Marshall faulk, greatest ram ever

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin
    Like the rest of the RAMS, #28 decided then and there that he too would quit.
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

Why then was Faulk on the sideline for the Rams' final desperation possession after they took over at their 11 with no timeouts and 2 minutes 48 seconds to play?

Here is Vitt's explanation: "Arlen had worked some of the protections that we were sighting, and he also knows one run that we call 'truck' that he felt comfortable with, so we just let him run it."

Faulk wasn't too illuminating when quizzed and prodded on the subject.

"Well, we're platooning here now," Faulk said. "That's all."

So it was just a coaching decision?

"That's just how it is here," Faulk told reporters. "I don't know what you guys have been watching. You know, Steven plays like first and second downs. And when the four receivers come in, then I normally come in.

"If I'm playing first and second downs, when the four receivers come in, Arlen comes in - if (Steven's) down. That's how it is."

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

general counsel is offline Registered User

I have supported vitt under adverse circumstances. this explanation comes from the world of the brain dead. There is NO and i repeat NO scenario, scheme, plan etc that justifies arlen harris being on the field with the game on the line rather than marshall faulk. Single dumbest coaching decision of all time

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

These statements are truely bizarre. Arlen Harris more knowledgable and capable on a "protection"? And for cryin' out loud, if that was true, why would you call something that dictated using Harris over Faulk at a critical juncture in the game, especially after Faulk had been shredding the Eagle defense?? That makes a lot of sense. A Fairchild decision?

I still can't get the image of Faulk fuming on the bench, which makes me think there are other issues involved here. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Did any one else who watched the game see the same thing I saw?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I have supported vitt under adverse circumstances. this explanation comes from the world of the brain dead. There is NO and i repeat NO scenario, scheme, plan etc that justifies arlen harris being on the field with the game on the line rather than marshall faulk. Single dumbest coaching decision of all time

ramming speed to all

general counsel

That coaching decision was absurd to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

general counsel is offline Registered User

Its like many other things in the rams season. There is simply no explanation. I would love to look joe vitt or that idiot fairchild (previously and accurately described as martz without a brain) in the eye and ask them how they think we are a better team with arlen harris rather than marshall faulk on the field. Just symptomatic of the entire debacle of a season.

To me, this is worse than any scheme issue on the defense because it is just so so stupid. There is no blocking and tackling involved in this, its simply gross negligence by the coaching staff.

By the way, all of a sudden we are blitzing every other down now that the season is over. the horse has left the barn and marmie is auditioning for his next junior high job to show how aggressive he is.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123