Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Marshall Faulk Sounds Off

Good football players don't always make good coaches. The attitude is there for MF and he will get a chance to be something in a team organization but you don't hand a coaching job to just anyone. He needs to prove himself on the field with players. Not sit in a chair and analyz, predict, and assume. Thats what everyone does here!!! But we're the fans and we can get away with it. Everyone is looking for a scapegoat but when the rational thinking begins,(if any) hopefully the right decisions will finally be made.

hoosierdaddy is offline Registered User

Hire this man now.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The "Faulk for HC" campaign can't be far off the horizon now.

Just imagine.......two of the greatest trades in Rams history would both be for Faulk:

'99 - A 2nd & 5th for Faulk
    '08 - Linny & Zyggy for Faulk
    can you imagine Faulk coming back to coach or even OC, that would turn St. Louis upside down,the city would be crazy for Rams football again,it would be about the same as naming Albert Pujols the manager of the Cardinals, not to mention Faulk has forgotten more than Linehan knows,so the team would get back to being a playoff team.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I only forecasted that the Rams would be playing from behind, and people thought I was taking a jab at StevenĖit had nothing to do with Steven; it had more to do with the team.Ē

He is right SJ will not be use best if we are playing from behind, I got a false expectation for our D this preseason ,I was thinking that the D would take a big step up, I guess I was wrong. I would love to see Faulk back at some level.
    :ramlogo:

moklerman is offline Registered User

I think Faulk should keep his distance from the current regime. If he comes in before the team is sold, it's just going to tarnish his legacy. Think Michael Jordan with the Wizards. As good a player as he was and as smart as he is, it would just look like another last grasp at a fix and a marketing ploy. Stay at the Network for now, Marshall.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Marshall definitely cleaned up his act, and I feel for his frustration. Great read. He usually sounds a little cocky and quite contradicting but I 100% agree with the Jackson statements, it makes sense and I would love to see him have a large portion of this franchise under his command. He's a talented guy who KNOWS talent. He could swing this franchise around in a few seasons. Like I said before young, big FA acquisitions, trading up our 1st round pick (which looks like there's a possibility of it being the #1 pick of the draft) and getting a bunch of early second/third round players. Let's totally REBOOT this franchise, and bring greatness back to it. Greatness certainly belongs here.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

chiguy is offline Registered User

Here is the thing about Marhsall -- other players were scared of disappointing him. Is there anyone on the roster that scares the other players into playing better?

curleyski is offline Registered User

great analysis for sure! i agree 100%, let AL be head coach and marshall OC, man i haven't heard demarco farrs name in a while. met him once, what a great guy and a competitor. things need to be shaken up and paying jackson all that cash IS waste of money because he will be ineffective because of our overall poor play. we need more help from top to bottom. i always loved and admired 3 RAMS players in my time as a rams fan, marshall faulk, jackie slater (how about him in the mix too)? and henry ellard. what is deacon jones up to??

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

for this season anyway..putting a new OC and whatever playbook MF would use would be hard for the O to digest and get into the swing of things before the season has already slipped away from us..leave Al in charge of O and get Marshall in as HC where he can motivate and make a valuable contribution from the get-go!

i cant see any of this happening,but its nice to dream once in a while...

btimsah Guest

ďI said this earlier in the year, and I think people took it wrong, because I heard a couple comments. I said the Rams shouldnít pay ", Steven Jackson. I donít understand why theyíre going to pay him. And I think people took it, like, maybe Stevenís not good or not dynamic. When you canít block, and when you canít sack the quarterback and stop the run, thereís no need to have a running back like this. Thereís no need to pay him what youíre going to pay himĖyouíre not going to get to use him. What was he, like, 11 (actually 14 carries) for 40 yards? Thatís a lot of money sitting in the backfield, and not have it or be able to use it, or you fall behind by 20 points. Now heís definitely out of the game. And his effectiveness and what you love about him and what youíre paying him for is no longer necessary.
    I'm sure if I'd have dared to say that, I'd been hated on by some on here but Marshall was speakin' the truth above. Thank God someone from our glory days can speak truth about our current situation.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Here is the thing about Marhsall -- other players were scared of disappointing him. Is there anyone on the roster that scares the other players into playing better?
    HEY PEOPLE - THIS DESERVES SOME ATTENTION,

CHIGUY has made a great observation about what this team is missing.

Accountability

There apperantly is nobody on this team, nor in this organization, that the players are afraid to dissappoint.

Marshall Faulk knew the responsibilities of every player on offense, maybe defense too but I haven't heard that. I remember him touching base, or chatting up, his team mates. Even on the field. Anybody remember him picking up Az and gettting him set during the hurry up offense one game. His team ........... they responded to him.

Not sure how that translates to his being a leader for these dorks now. But it's tragically apparent that that element is missing. Holt doesn't provide it. I don't think Bruce did last season. Bulger hasn't stepped up. Pace is not on the field to do so. Barron is just happy to be there. Jackson hasn't shown anything remotely close to that. Remember Aeneas Williams.......he had it.
    Semper Fi!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Great players don't always make great coaches and great TV analysts wouldn't have any greater chance.

As much as we may agree with his assessment of the team, any talk of him becoming a head coach, parading his SB ring, waving a magic wand and smiling benignly as he magics a new team out of the wreckage of the old one is exactly what it sounds like: A fairy story.

As desperate as it seems right now and I must admit, I haven't been as pissed off about the Rams as I am now for over a decade, we shouldn't plump for a band-aid when we need major surgery.

Just to be clear, I loved him as a player but I'd want someone a little more experienced as a head coach.

moklerman is offline Registered User

In general, I'd agree that armchair analysis by former players should be taken with a grain of salt but Marshall was universally considered a cut above everyone else in terms of football knowledge. While he certainly doesn't have the head coaching experience that I'd like the Rams coach to have, I would just as certainly roll the dice if he wanted to give it a try. Does anyone think he'd be any worse than many of the coaches the Rams have had over the years? Or Linehan in particular? I'd be willing to bet that Marshall could <ahem> "lead" the team to 3-13. If Matt Millen can hold a job for 10 years then Marshall deserves a shot whenever he's ready to take it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by fat pang
    Great players don't always make great coaches and great TV analysts wouldn't have any greater chance.
    Agreed, pang. I'm not high on the idea of a leap from player to HC. In fact, most star players don't have the perspective to deal with a team full of average players (see Larry Bird et al.) But what about a FO position as a personnel man? It's not the spotlight position that a member of the coaching staff would be. It's behind the scenes, but would utilized his talent and presence in a positive manner.

I'm just guessing here, but I bet Faulk knows talent when he see it; and as a "personnel guy" that's all his job would entail.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by btimsah View Post
    I'm sure if I'd have dared to say that, I'd been hated on by some on here but Marshall was speakin' the truth above. Thank God someone from our glory days can speak truth about our current situation.
    Lots of truth btimsah. What MF saw that most of us didn't was how really weak we are at so many positions. It's sorta like that 60" flat screen plasma that sits in my single wide with no cable or dish service. Funny if it weren't so sad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast