Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is online now Registered User

Marshall faulks move...

Did you guys see the move faulk made on the carry at the end of the first half? Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, that was really vintage, he left the tackle standing there with his pipic in his hand.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Marshall faulks move...

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Did you guys see the move faulk made on the carry at the end of the first half? Marshall, Marshall, Marshall, that was really vintage, he left the tackle standing there with his pipic in his hand.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    That was a great move. It's good to see Marshall getting more touches. Amazing what happens when you keep the game close and have the opportunity to give the run a chance. I hope we see the same thing against the Seahawks.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Amazing what happens when you keep the game close and have the opportunity to give the run a chance.
    Abso-friggin-lutely.

You also have to figure that not having your starting QB and two starting WRs plays into it as well, but what you said hits it dead on.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

jkramsfan Guest

Great Move, Looks Like He Still Has More Left Than People Might Think

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

A little slower but can contribute enough to open up offense to create an even greater threat!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

sbramfan Guest

Looks like they're getting Marshall more involved, but there is still a facet of this offense that just can not be run with Jackson.

Jackson can catch, but he can't get open and separate like Marshall.

I guess there's just not room for the both of them.

I'm a little bothered with Jackson looking up at the crowd after every 12 yard run... I think he has a lot to learn. is there an "I" in Jackson? Apparently there is.

Marshall is all class and still has more moves than most RB's half his age.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Marshall Faulk's move...

Very good point, SBRF (granted that I didn't see the game).

SJ's intentions may be warranted and justified to get the crowd more invloved and loud and supportive, but, yes indeed, the road to greatness is long!

Hopefully Mr. Marshall will be able to pull him aside before or after practice and have a friendly talk to No. 39 about that. It is important.

You also have to figure that not having your starting QB and two starting WRs plays into it as well. --NickSeiler
    Ahhh, so, so true! :up:

That simply cannot, ought not be overlooked -- it just makes sense!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    I'm a little bothered with Jackson looking up at the crowd after every 12 yard run... I think he has a lot to learn. is there an "I" in Jackson? Apparently there is.
    Youre joking right? He runs for 180 yds and your wondering why he looks up at the crowd?? Maybe he's looking up at the crowd because for most of the game it seems like they are sleeping. I would expect to hear some cheers after first downs but they show shots of the crowd after a first down and half the stadium is sitting on their hands. I think hes just trying to pump up the crowd not toot his own horn. Thats like saying every time Jerome Bettis does it he's classless. Because if you watch the bus after a big run he does it every time. I mean he just ran for a buck 80 on a team that knew we were going to run. This team needs a guy that shows the fire Jackson does, there are already too many quiet leaders on this team!
    Just Fix It

RealRam is offline Registered User

You also have to figure that not having your starting QB and two starting WRs plays into it [Rams running game] as well. --NickSeiler
    :up: Therein the crux of the matter. Almost an understatement.

sbramfan Guest

Youre joking right? He runs for 180 yds and your wondering why he looks up at the crowd?? Maybe he's looking up at the crowd because for most of the game it seems like they are sleeping. I would expect to hear some cheers after first downs but they show shots of the crowd after a first down and half the stadium is sitting on their hands. I think hes just trying to pump up the crowd not toot his own horn. Thats like saying every time Jerome Bettis does it he's classless. Because if you watch the bus after a big run he does it every time. I mean he just ran for a buck 80 on a team that knew we were going to run. This team needs a guy that shows the fire Jackson does, there are already too many quiet leaders on this team!
    There's a fine line between getting the crowd pumped up and acting like you're the next coming because of a 9 yard run. Yes, he had a huge day, but he was doing this a few weeks ago in a game that they were going to lose and it really seemed like he was saying "look at me". And he had a huge fumble in one of them. He's a beast, but he hasn't proved anything to anyone just yet, so I suggest he get back to work and take a lesson from Faulk. Vocal leaders needed? Yes, but not just when you make a big play. I don't see him trying to get everyone pumped up on the sidelines....only looking up at the crowd when HE makes a big play. and some of the plays aren't even that big.

If he's just trying to pump up the crowd, great...and yes, Jerome Bettis pounding his chest after an 8 yard run is classless. He should grow up. After a 35 yard run, maybe it's justified.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

This team needs emotion and intensity. I love the fact that Steven Jackson has got it, and looks to get the crowd involved. If this is how he pumps himself up, I hope to see much more as the season progresses because it will pay huge dividends.

RamJackson39 Guest

There's a fine line between getting the crowd pumped up and acting like you're the next coming because of a 9 yard run. Yes, he had a huge day, but he was doing this a few weeks ago in a game that they were going to lose and it really seemed like he was saying "look at me". And he had a huge fumble in one of them. He's a beast, but he hasn't proved anything to anyone just yet, so I suggest he get back to work and take a lesson from Faulk. Vocal leaders needed? Yes, but not just when you make a big play. I don't see him trying to get everyone pumped up on the sidelines....only looking up at the crowd when HE makes a big play. and some of the plays aren't even that big.

If he's just trying to pump up the crowd, great...and yes, Jerome Bettis pounding his chest after an 8 yard run is classless. He should grow up. After a 35 yard run, maybe it's justified.
    If the crowd wasnt in a deep sleep for half that game, then I might agree with you. Remember, football is fun. Guys are going to have fun. I have no problem with Jackson trying to get the crowd into it.That's what should do.

Hey, is anyone else having trouble signing in here? File not found keeps showing up nearly everytime I bring up the site.

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

UNFRIGGIN' BELIEVABLE!! how the CRABS are clawing at a young man, the future running core of this team, who runs up 180 yards (first time busting 100 yds) and we have to read the next day about CRITICISM on how classless he is for looking up at the crowd.

Fickle fans in the seats, crabs on the net. Where do we go? Can't you just let the man do what he has to do to harness that great spirit when he does what we want him to do (and what so many have criticized that he wasn't doing)?

I declare, 'Fans' can be a pain in the butt. Damn if you do, and damn if you don't.

Any way, I said that we had a chance! I believed in the team. Now we can heal for a couple of weeks before eating some 'hawk' stew!

'Curb Your Enthusiasm' to so quickly nitpicking the team after a hard win. Save that stuff for afterseason. Right now, this (almost mortally) wounded team needs a good nurse and some R & R. Let's do our part and applaud their champion ways from these two recent battles.

Go Rams!
    Hip-Hip, Hooooray!
    :clanram:

rammiser is offline Registered User

Maybe that's how he fires himself up. Comparing him to Faulk or expecting him to be like Faulk is rediculous. Faulk is a different type of person and runner. Jackson is a punisher. I hope he keeps doing it. I also hope Bettis keeps doing it becuase I dont find it classless at all. Classless is punching a guy in the gonads. Classless is running to the star at Cowboys stadium after a TD. If you think him pumping his chest after a first down run is classless then todays NFL just might not be for you. I mean I dont know if you noticed the Jaguars celebrating when they stopped him for a loss or not but they were.
    Just Fix It

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Looks like they're getting Marshall more involved, but there is still a facet of this offense that just can not be run with Jackson.

Jackson can catch, but he can't get open and separate like Marshall.

I guess there's just not room for the both of them.

Marshall is all class and still has more moves than most RB's half his age.
    I don't post here much, but I GOTTA' respond to this.

Marshal had a bit of an attitude in his early years, and personally, I LOVE Jackson's fire. ...and he didn't act like the second coming - (what a dumb thing to say). Not attacking you, SB, but you're way out of line here.

Jackson finally gets the number of attempts he's wanted, (and deserved), does well, and you want the ol' "aw, shucks" routine...well screw that.

And can we PLEASE stop comparing (basically) a rookie to ED and MF - it's flat unfair, and really kind of stupid..
    Last edited by VegasRam; -10-31-2005 at 05:26 PM.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast