Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Marshall Faulk's Super Bowl Pick

Miami vs. Carolina

Per Sirius NFL Radio just now. Some other interesting notes...

-Marshall didn't seem too fond of the Reggie Bush to Marshall Faulk comparisons.

-Sounded like Marshall would be interested in a VP or GM position a ways down the road.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Marshall Faulk's Super Bowl Pick

-Marshall didn't seem too fond of the Reggie Bush to Marshall Faulk comparisons.
    I can't blame him. If I had a nickel for every person who has made that comparison, I'd be a rich man. But when Faulk hears that, the only thing he hears is his accomplishments, hard work, blood sweat, and tears are being placed on the same level as a rookie who hasn't done a darn thing yet.

Yea, it'd probably tick me a little as well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree with you HUbison, as far as Bush goes only time will tell, also his ability to stay healthy for many years. Marshall has some pretty gaudy numbers to catch up to not to mention his accomplishments.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Miami vs Carolina... What are the details concerning that one? I was hoping he would say the Rams vs Chargers or Rams vs Colts. Oh well.

I say he is wrong. Miami is under same circumstances as us, transitional phase. I like his Carolina pick but the NFC South is going to be a little tougher than that.

My pick Rams vs. Colts.

Gotta go with my Rammies!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

bush has alot to do before you can compare the two,bush needs to play in super bowls,win mvp's and player of the year awards before the comparisons start.i dont see the texans winning a super bowl anytime soon.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I say Rams VS. Steelers. We need payback for 79.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan
    bush has alot to do before you can compare the two,bush needs to play in super bowls,win mvp's and player of the year awards before the comparisons start.i dont see the texans winning a super bowl anytime soon.
    Good thing Bush is on the Saints then isn't it. (Then again maybe it isn't LOL)

I agree, no comparison should be made yet, he's just another rookie as of now.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    -Sounded like Marshall would be interested in a VP or GM position a ways down the road.
    Interesting, I always pictured Faulk in a coaching position after his playing days were over. I thought something like running backs coach for us would be a good starting point for Faulk's post-football career. I guess he'd like to get more into the business side of football then, although I can't believe why he'd do that when he has the talent and knowledge to coach instead.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    I say Rams VS. Steelers. We need payback for 79.

I would like that too!, but Rams vs Patriots with the Rams winning handily! 44-10. That would be the ultimate payback.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

Bush and Faulk are not similar Bush is more elusive and speed than Faulk but Faulk was better against the blitz, both have great catching abilities. Bush is more like Barry Sanders IMO a very elusive back.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Bush is more elusive
    Watch a little more footage of Faulks career he was elusive as they come. People seem to not remeber how many crazy runs that guy has.

I could see the comparisons though as far as style. Just like little LT they all play with that "I will do anything required of me mentality".I think it would be foolish to say Bush is already on that level, which by the way I have not heard one anylysts say that. Most anylysts say the guy is a good rb that will also run routes outta the backfield. He is dangerous and you have to know where he is at all times. Bush I'm sure tore a page outta Marshalls book. Bush, Marshall, Ladanian, Edgerin, and Roger Craig could all be compared to each other. Much like you could compare Emmit Smith and Barry Sanders.

Bush is more like Barry Sanders IMO a very elusive back
    To completely different styles. Im a huge USC fan. Bush relied on finding seams and speeding through them. Barry was more of a Bounce off tacklers use the spin moves type of guy. Reggie has a great cutback and not as much power in his legs as Barry.

I guess he'd like to get more into the business side of football then, although I can't believe why he'd do that when he has the talent and knowledge to coach instead.
    I hear you but the guy knows the game so good he might be just the type of guy to make key personell changes when needed. He is crazy smart.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -08-23-2006 at 12:13 AM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I love the thought of payback.

'79 the rams were the underdogs the lost did not leave a bad taste in my mouth.

However, I would love for the Rams to get some payback with the Pats. We owe them 1