Rampingitup is offline Registered User

Marshall to meet with Chip

This just in.

The Rams seem more like an investment bank lately than a pro football team, mired in crisis, in need of a bailout, with nobody having any good answers to the situation. You can always count on Marshall Faulk for an opinion, though.
    Is Rams owner Chip Rosenbloom seeking Faulk's opinion on the matter? Who knows. But the symbol of Rams past glory told Dan Patrick on his radio show today that he has a meeting scheduled with Rosenbloom. Faulk said he did not know what the meeting was about. It's hard not to hear this news and think changes are coming, unless maybe Rosenbloom wants to gag Faulk's very public criticism of the team.
    He also weighed in on the Rams QB situation, saying that making Trent Green as the starter was a mistake given the play of the Rams line. He even added that Green shouldn't be playing football anymore because of his concussion history.

Link Marshall Faulk to meet with Rams*owner - Turf Show Times

blood85 is offline Registered User

Re: Marshall to meet with Chip

Yeah, you think??? Starting 0-3 again for the 2nd straight year, is not a redflag, right?? EXPECT some MAJOR changes, either in the Next few weeks or at the end of the season.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Marshall doesn't work for the Rams- who's Chip to tell him to be quiet? Besides, are we not supposed to know this franchise is a mess if Faulk doesn't tell us?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

what he should do is hire him as an assistant GM the guy comands respect and he has some sense unlike some guys in this orginization

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

How would Rosenbloom be able to silience Faulk anyhow--more to the point why--its a free country

I think Faulk has more concern for Trents health then playing football

faulk2jackson Guest

Maybe he called Marshall to hear stories about winning. It will help the poor lad's spirit.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    This just in.

The Rams seem more like an investment bank lately than a pro football team, mired in crisis, in need of a bailout, with nobody having any good answers to the situation. You can always count on Marshall Faulk for an opinion, though.
    Is Rams owner Chip Rosenbloom seeking Faulk's opinion on the matter? Who knows. But the symbol of Rams past glory told Dan Patrick on his radio show today that he has a meeting scheduled with Rosenbloom. Faulk said he did not know what the meeting was about. It's hard not to hear this news and think changes are coming, unless maybe Rosenbloom wants to gag Faulk's very public criticism of the team.
    He also weighed in on the Rams QB situation, saying that making Trent Green as the starter was a mistake given the play of the Rams line. He even added that Green shouldn't be playing football anymore because of his concussion history.

Link Marshall Faulk to meet with Rams*owner - Turf Show Times
    I'm not in the greatest of moods, and I left a post in the lounge a few seconds ago, so I will vent here.

He can't Gag Faulk. He has no authority to do so.As for Faulk not knowing what the meeting is about? Oh please. I would love to see Faulk take over, no if and or buts about it.

There, I end my rant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    How would Rosenbloom be able to silience Faulk anyhow--more to the point why--its a free country

I think Faulk has more concern for Trents health then playing football
    Sorry, but I do not think Faulk is meeting anyone to discuss Green. He is not Green's agent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

trying to talk Faulk out of retirement?

or howabout Marshall for Head Coach!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

There is always hope that Chip wants Marshall to help the team in some way. But personally if I were asked by Chip to help I would say not until Linehan is gone.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Maybe Chip is talking to Marshall and Nelly about selling the team...both of those guys love the Rams as much as any of us fans!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Maybe Chip is talking to Marshall and Nelly about selling the team...both of those guys love the Rams as much as any of us fans!
    Does Marshall have enough cash?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

general counsel is offline Registered User

Neither marshall nor nelly have anywhere near the kind of cash required to buy an nfl team. However, that doesnt mean that Faulk couldnt put together a group of investors.

That being said, I will tell you from intimate personal experience that the odds of an 800 million deal getting done in the midst of the current credit crisis that is anything other than a fire sale with minimal leverage are remote in the extreme.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Neither marshall nor nelly have anywhere near the kind of cash required to buy an nfl team. However, that doesnt mean that Faulk couldnt put together a group of investors.

That being said, I will tell you from intimate personal experience that the odds of an 800 million deal getting done in the midst of the current credit crisis that is anything other than a fire sale with minimal leverage are remote in the extreme.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Unless some mega rich guy walks in and wants to do it. But yes, a sale is remote at this time in my opinion.

Although big sub Billion dollar deals like that continue to get done even in this financial climate. So, you never know.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

It will be interesting to see what happens after their meeting. Ziggy and gang may not be good at putting talent together but they are not dumb either. I have felt all along that there is something else going on here. If Marshall comes out of the meeting with nothing to say then it would appear that there is a plan in place. This is the most incompetent professional sports franchise that I can remember, every thing that is currently being done appears to sabotage any hope of winning this year. The players seem to know that winning is not important. Are they really that dumb at the top or is something else going on?