Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    stlramman is offline Registered User

Re: Martz is available.......

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    i think martz would love to comeback, if it wasnt for those two idiots in john shaw and jay zygmunt. im sure georgia wouldnt mind either.
    I think your right, get rid of Shaw & Ziggy and Martz would come back to the Rams or at least entertain the thought.But with the current front office structure...NO WAY!!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Yeah, I saw John Clayton on sportcenter mention that the whiners deal was a no go. I'm not sure from what side, however. I'd imagine the whiners. Baltimore, Atlanta and quite probably Miami will be looking for an offensive coordinator and if we won't grab him, I'd figure any of them or KC will make a move as all of them are in need of a QB cultivator, and if anyone fits that qualification, it's Martz.

Truth is offline Registered User

I could see Baltimore taking a stab at getting Martz. They need something to happen with that offense.

As for the Rams taking Martz back...I certainly don't have ANY interest in seeing him back with this team. That's just my opinion. He seems to have a hard time "getting along" with a lot of people. My personal opinion is that he had MUCH more to do with Vermeil leaving than anyone will say. I just don't like the guy.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

PHAT-MONEY Guest

you see. this is what happens when you hate your current head coach. I guess I miss things.. But I knew we wouldnt be the same on offense with linehan.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Hey Mike did you like the Rose Bowl?
    The only thing I liked about the Rose Bowl Rambos was that it wasn't for the BCS Championship!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Because maybe we'd actually score. There's always going to be something to complain about, but at least Martz' offense never got shutout. For the first half of this season, we were averaging a little over 12 points/game.
    As a reminder........

For the entire season, Linehan had NO starting offensive line. For several games, he had NO Marc Bulger or S. Jackson. He was also without Bennett and Bruce for a couple of games.

Also, Martz's teams may never have gotten shutout, but they came close on several occasions, even with the GSOT. The Linehan game I believe you're referencing, the 0-15 shutout loss to the Panthers last year was nearly equaled by Mad Mike's "explosive" offense against the same team. In 2000, with the GSOT still intact, the Rams lost to the Panthers 3-16.

I guess he used Linehan's playbook that game? Don't forget that Bulger AND Jackson had their best years statistically last year under Linehan, not Martz.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    you see. this is what happens when you hate your current head coach. I guess I miss things.. But I knew we wouldnt be the same on offense with linehan.
    You won't have the same offense as you had with Martz because the #1 reason the GSOT was the GSOT was #28. Without Mr. Faulk, the GSOT cannot be. He made that offense work.

...but there's nothing wrong with having a great offense, without turning the ball over with the regularity that Martz' teams did. That's what we began to see at times last year, particularly towards the end of the season, and what I think we can have with Linehan's offense. When everyone's healthy.

Martz's offense (aka; Air Coryell) needs the right players to make it work, as witnessed in Detroit, it does NOT work without the right guys pulling the trigger. It was NOT working the final two years of Mike's tenure with the Rams.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

blood85 Guest

Martz won't come back, even if he did consider it, do you guys thing the FO could admit they made a mistake and give him a second chance??? We have a better chance of making the playoffs, than Martz coming back.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Don't forget that Bulger AND Jackson had their best years statistically last year under Linehan, not Martz.
    Sort of...It was the first season Bulger played all 16 games, so naturally his totals would be higher. His completion percentage, average yards/completion, and quarterback rating were all lower than the two years prior.

You make a valid point about Martz putting up only 3 points against the Panthers, but the Panthers defense was more intimidating back then. And it's not like Martz didn't have to deal with battered offensive lines, too. Remember when we called Tom Nutten out of retirement and had the revolving door at right tackle? We struggled, but we were still moving the ball better than we have this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12