Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

To the Martz bashers

Why is it always Martz's fault when we lose but when we win he has nothing to do with it? Why? Why isn't Shaw held accountable for the unruly front office? Why isn't Zygmut held accountable for not spending money on the defense (outside of Little)? Why isn't Armey held accountable for the talent level on the team?

Our secondary is the worst in the NFL, so how is Martz totally responsible for that and none of the front office people responsible? All I've heard from you Martz bashers is it is his responsibility alone. That's asinine.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: To the Martz bashers

Why is it always Martz's fault when we lose but when we win he has nothing to do with it? Why? Why isn't Shaw held accountable for the unruly front office? Why isn't Zygmut held accountable for not spending money on the defense (outside of Little)? Why isn't Armey held accountable for the talent level on the team?

Our secondary is the worst in the NFL, so how is Martz totally responsible for that and none of the front office people responsible? All I've heard from you Martz bashers is it is his responsibility alone. That's asinine.
    I agree with this 99%, we knew going in that our DB where young and some where new here. I still have to ask why we did not get a D cord that was coming from a D that was playing great. It would be nice to have a young D cord that is bring it not playing soft. Thats the 1%, it's not Martz he just the easy target. The DB players are lost back there, just lost. Two game in a row guys are not sure where or who to cover thats sad.

Then there is the punter, who knows what would of happen if he could have made some deep punts, Martz has to change punter are suffer with him.

Rambos, I agree. In some form and fashion Martz is responsible for the W's/L's and to some extent the talent level on the playing field.

However, he doesn't have the double designation of GM/HC.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I dont blame the loss yesterday on Martz. But Martz did bring his buddy Marmie over from a defense that looked a lot like what we are now when he was in Arizona. Someone decide to put Mcdonald in instead of Fair when Mcdonald didnt field a punt all day. I could have scored on the play Stevens was so wide open and that wasnt the only time he caught a pass and there wasnt a defender in the area. Same with Jurevicious, he torched everyone who covered him. Marmie must go!

I have no idea why we cant run the ball on a consistant bases. At times there will be good holes for Jackson and at other time there is 4 defenders in his face right when he gets the ball. Why Faulk almost never touched the field is beyond me. That has to be on Martz doesnt it? I mean Faulk said it was Jacksons time but didnt say I only want to play for 30 seconds a game. Faulk is so out of touch with the game by the time he gets put in to use he drops passes,fumbles etc. He's dropped more passes this season than I ever remember him dropping.

The burning of the timeouts also proved to be a bit costly yesterday. In the second half after the fumble it would have been nice to have those you know. I mean look we can keep protecting Martz and Marmie forever but we need something to change. I dont care if we change the front office too. I never brought them up because they have nothing to do with the discipline and play on the field. Change it all for all I care because this team is horrible. To let 2 wr's that couldnt even crack the top 4 in our offense torch us like that is just terrible.

Something needs to be done after the season. Marmie definately has to go.
    Just Fix It

Someone decide to put Mcdonald in instead of Fair when Mcdonald didnt field a punt all day.
    That would be Fair he took himself out, said he was tired. After a three and out, he was playing on D, Hmmm.

The O started slow again, but this loss is on the D no question, we looked lost again. And the ST (PUNTS) did not help all day with a short field.

sbramfan Guest

Free Agency is responsible for the Talent level. The FO went out and got guys we felt were improvements in EXACTLY the positions we felt they needed to to improve. MLB, ORT, and Safety. The Martz bashing isn't about the personell they have, it's about his ability to use them in the best way.

Like Marshall not playing enough. Or Macdonald being in there on PR's. Like the special teams not getting any better. Like hiring your unproven buddies for both jobs. (let's not pretend Martz didn't work with Legishesky in the past). Like turnovers still not being taking seriously. Or taking time outs that no one else in the league has to take because you really are better at being an offensive coordinator than a head coach.

The FO FINALLY made a comittment to spending the money and putting a better product on the field about 6 years ago and they have won the superbowl and gone to the playoffs almost every year. This is both the FO and the coach's accomplishments. So, as you say, if you're going to put responsibility on the coach and FO for wins and losses, then you have to give the FO credit for all the playoff seasons, not just Martz. After all, the FO won the superbowl with a different head coach.

IF Martz gets fired at the end of the season (which would have to happen if they go 5-11 or something terrible) why not get Al Saunders to be the head coach? He went over to KC to run their offense, which is the same as ours. Not that I know anything about him, but if it's Martz' offensive plays that are good, but not his head coaching...just a thought.

My problem with the argument that the FO went out and signed players on defense this year is simple: they only spent what they could. They didn't pursue top notch players, just what they could fit into the salary cap. They did not get creative with a trade package or anything else, just the bottom line.

Or Macdonald being in there on PR's
    Martz did not put in Mc D, Fair did. And if he had these guys get paid big bucks fair catch it!

AJD45 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Our secondary is the worst in the NFL, so how is Martz totally responsible for that and none of the front office people responsible? All I've heard from you Martz bashers is it is his responsibility alone.
    Why does Martz have to be totally 100% alone responsible before he deserves any criticism? There's a wide range of beliefs for those that are bashing Martz, such as:

1. He's the antichrist responsible for everything wrong
    2. He's among those that are responsible for making things worse
    3. He might not be responsible for making things worse, but he's sure as hell not making anything better

If you want to criticize the front office and others, feel free, but trying to use others to deflect any blame from Martz is kinda silly at this point. Even if they have the worst DBs in NFL history, etc., a good coach can at least have his team fired up and ready to play. This was a game for the early edge in the division, it should have been almost a playoffs atmosphere, but instead it looked like most of the team was ready to fall asleep.

Who said I was trying to deflect anything from Martz? I'm just saying it may not be TOTALLY his fault. Plus, how the heck is he supposed to get his team fired up when he's been battling what could be a deadly disease the same week he plays the Seahawks?

Besides, if a pro player needs to be "fired up" for a game, he needs to be "fired".

sbramfan Guest

It's not totally his fault and the FO is to share some of the blame.

But hasn't the FO drafted for defense every year? Didn't they go out and get 3 #1 DT's? and make moves, within the cap, to improve at MLB and Safety? Didn't they go out and get Johnson for our Robert "Big Bust" Thomas? If Jerametrius Butler didn't get hurt, aren't they in better shape at CB?

I agree that I felt they should have gone after a big money MLB. I wanted Hartwell. But as it turns out, the MLB is responsible for stuffing the run. the 1 thing the Rams are not terrible at on defense, so apparently wasn't a bad value for the money.

Yes, we need a shut-down corner. This is the problem. Not sure we can't point fingers on this one. But I do feel we can make some personell changes to help out in coverage, as I said in another post. Time for OJ and Carter to jump into the water head first. We can make our CB's look much better with better help on top. (I'm not saying they will work, I'm saying we need to try this because it can't get any better and we know we're not going deep into the playoffs as is on "D".)

AJD45 Guest

I see. You're not trying to deflect criticism from Martz, just offering up others to share the blame and the excuse that he's on his deathbed. Gotcha. My bad.

Seriously, I do agree with your last statement, though, that players that need to be fired up need to be fired -- and guess who's responsibility it is to fire such players?

brawleyramfan Guest

Mike Martz should be blamed fro the hiring of marmie, hence he should be blamed for the Sorry-ass Defensive scheme his buddy Marmalade brought over. As far as free agency? We had a hell of an opportunity to draft better DB's in the recent drafts, but again when your Head Coach can't see talent or his immediate needs on his team this is the end result.

But it wasn't totally his call during the draft. That's what I'm saying. It's not totally Martz's fault for the product on the field. Now, abandoning the running game during the course of the game is his fault, but to have a secondary of swiss cheese isn't totally his fault.

brawleyramfan Guest

I know Tex, it can't be all MM fault but even you have to admit he did bring in his own staff to help him pick the team we have now. That said, how can you not put most of the blame on Mike Martz. :clanram:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast