Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Martz bashers now have proof: He doesn't know the score

Its amazing how poor the reading comprehension is on this board.

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan

For all of you who don't like the guy, take your Super Bowl trophy back because without Martz, we wouldn't even have been there.
    Why give back the Trophy? Shoot, I'd gladly go back to the formula that got us the trophy. As a matter of fact, I think that is the point these others are trying to make. Demote Martz to OC, bring in a good game-time leader for HC, and WIN-WIN-WIN.

gap

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    If that were true, I'd want to blame sMartz for that also.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Not at all.

Look, Martz built that '99-'01 offense. No question about it. However, I don't think that Vermeil was some out-of-touch General who had no idea how to coach a winner until Martz came along. And I'm certainly not going to say that the Chiefs offensive success is attributable to Martz.

I don't think one is better than the other. Neither has won a SB without the other one. Hopefully that changes this year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Look at Vermeils record prior to Martz. It was abysmal.
    Since leaving Martz, he is 27-21 and has the best offense in football. Much better than the two Banks years he had in St. Louis (pre-Martz). So did he just learn from Martz or is the man actually a better HC than some give him credit for?

Vermeil's a good HC. He has quirks just like Martz, but they both should be considered top NFL coaches.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    Maybe you are talking about work, but it seems fairly obvious that most ofl the "active moderators" are taking a backseat on this site ... or at least it seems as if AV, TX, and you have posted a lot less since moving back to this site ... seems more than coincidental ...
    Yeah work requires many roles, might as well throw that in there_too. None_The_Less I was referring to the ClanRam site. I was very active here until my time became very limited. Insinuation about coinsidence aside (could you give me a hint......nevermind, I have a clue) : Did not the utterence of syllables, from The Hollow, interpose me as the most argumentative? Could it be that we all just suddenly agree and we only posted to disagree or perhaps, once again, your insinuations are simply wrong?

I can't imagine you trying to argue your way out of that one.......

Then again......

:ramlogo:

Caramsfan Guest

I frankly don't know why Martz is the way Martz is. I think he is such a dictater that no one DARES to make any suggestions to him or point out the obvious.
    His lack of situational awareness in many game situations too numerous to list has been disturbing at the least.....this lack of situational awareness cannot be allowed to continue and should never be linked to your head coach. Head coaches MUST be able to multi-task..if they can't they must be able to delegate...what happened to Fairchild doing the play calling in the pre-season. That was one of the things that came out of Summer Summit meeting held in LA between Martz and the top brass.
    I'm of the opinion as is Howie Long that Martz has done less with more than any coach in the History of the League. Oh sure Martz has had a great offensive run. But with Holt,Bruce,Hakim,Proehl, McDonald,Horne,Looker,Furrey,Curtis,Robison,Conwell,Faulk,Warner,Green,Bulger.......Name another team with players of such caliber in the offensive skills position. Kansas City seems to be running the same offense without Martz without the skill at wide receiver and they do ok.
    Martz will need to do his BEST coaching job this year if the Rams are to even make the playoffs......let the season begin!!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Since leaving Martz, he is 27-21 and has the best offense in football.
    Which doesn't surprise me considering he has Trent Green, Priest Holmes (who still seems to be in his prime), Tony Gonzalez, and arguably the best and deepest offensive line in football. It's not like he's working with pidgeons over there in KC, you know...
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12