Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Martz guys

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: It would be nice to have Dre Bly back right now.

I merged all seven of your new threads into this one, since they all related to the topic being discussed here, and we didn't need seven new threads about it.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: Martz guys

I would say Nick you did not like me addressing the different areas of our football team as it relates to Martz. Each thread had something to do with different areas of our football team that anyone was welcome to address as it would be impossible to address them all in one thread. By the way thank you for doing it without telling me first. All threads were valid and all were addressing different areas of the team as it relates to Martz.

Can we also merge all other topics about offense, defense, ST, and coaches into one thread please because thats what you just did.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-02-2005 at 01:24 AM.

This was purely a house-keeping move. You'll notice I also merged a new thread you made responding to a video psycho posted into psycho's actual thread, and deleted a new thread by another member on a topic that has already been discussed in at least one previous thread this weekend. Why? Because the need for a new thread about it doesn't exist when you can simply reply to the old one. Same idea here. Seven new threads in four hours on the same theme you already had a thread for is unnecessary.

If you have a problem with my actions, you may take it up with an administrator.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Can we also merge all other topics about offense, defense, ST, and coaches into one thread please because thats what you just did. Which would be everything on this site.

I kind of understand the one relating to Phsycho9985s video that I referenced. So now you have set a precedent that you are going to move anything that refrences to another thread. However my other ones had no reference they were all different posts about different subjects such as offense, defense, and ST.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-02-2005 at 01:37 AM.

You're smart enough to know the difference between what I did and what you're suggesting, STL, so I'm not going to spend time arguing with you about it.

Like I said, if you have a problem with the action, please feel free to discuss it with an administrator.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    As HEAD COACH not offensive coordinator you have the final say on players......... If you donít like the direction or personnel you change it you are the BOSS.
    That's a pretty big assumption knowing what we now do about this front office. Martz wanted to start a personnel department that would be set up to properly evaluate players, yet Zygmunt shut it down. As well, in the offseason Zygmunt vetoed some of Martz' choices for draftees and free agents.

So, if this is the line of questioning........it may not be about who's a Martz guy, as much as who's a Zygmunt guy?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Wow, does anyone take into consideration the salary cap when placing blame or giving kudos to acquiring personnel? And don't you think that a defensive coordinator with the stature that Lovie brought would want to bring in some of his own guys?

Yes, the HC is ultimately responsible as he is the CEO. However, consider Shaw/Zygmut the Board of Directors that the CEO has to answer to and there could be some of the problem.

Martz won't be known for his defensive player skills but he did find Kevin Curtis didn't he?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

LOL

Funny how this can now go.

If a player works out we could assume that player was picked by Martz. If a player does not work out we could assume that player was picked by the FO.

Or we could just assume that Martz never had a say in personnel.....yeah right.

Makes a guy wonder how the FO decided when Martz could have a say in personnel. Perhaps Georgia consulted the Tarot Cards or maybe they just played pin the tail on the donkey.

Coming from the classic boy, who cried wolf too many times, why should I now believe what Martz says about anything? Including this recent revelation about some mythical personnel dept.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, let's be somewhat realistic here. I don't think anyone is going to accuse anyone else but Martz on the Trung Canidate and Eric Crouch scenarios.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: Why did Martz start the season with 4 of 5 OL who were Vermeil guys ????

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Thank god for the second RT in the draft to be Barron and fall to us. He was projected higher early and it was a huge glaring need for us I donít think a monkey could mess up that pick.
    Barron was a LT. We converted him to RT.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good observation, Bruce.

Alex Barron. Steven Jackson. Kevin Curtis. Ron Bartell. Claude Terrell. Dane Looker, et al.

:angryram:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Perhaps Georgia consulted the Tarot Cards
    Been known to happen
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: Why did Martz start the season with 4 of 5 OL who were Vermeil guys ????

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Barron was a LT. We converted him to RT.
    I figured that was common knowledge that he played LT the majority of the time but he also played a little RT and I think everyone knows we drafted him as a RT. It was not that far of a stretch to think we could convert him into a RT.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Alex Barron. Steven Jackson. Kevin Curtis. Ron Bartell. Claude Terrell. Dane Looker, et al.
    :angryram:
    None of which has started 16 games yet for the Rams. Wow I guess they are all Probowlers already. Martz has had 6 years to install his stamp of great players and the only one that is a Martz guy that has been to the Probowl is Bulger. He went one year 2003 he was not even voted in he went as an alternate and he was the 6th QB in the NFC (Behind Garcia, Favre, Vick, McNabb, and Brad Johnson) to make the NFC team he was an alternate because two other QBs could not go McNabb and Favre everyone else on the current roster that went to the Probowl as a Ram Pace, Little, Faulk, Bruce, Holt all come before Martz.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    And don't you think that a defensive coordinator with the stature that Lovie brought would want to bring in some of his own guys?
    When the HEAD COACH sets down with the candidate for defensive coordinator they should discuss the philosophy and type personnel that the HEAD COACH wants and see if they are on the same page. The HEAD COACH should then be able to come up with the REQUIREMENTS of the D coordinator position prior to hiring him. The HEAD COACH after hiring the D coordinator would then be responsible as the D coordinators BOSS to see that those requirements are carried out. They should also discuss the type of personnel they think it would take to install that philosophy they mutually agreed on before he was hired. When discussing personnel issues the HEAD COACH has the ultimate decision on what players to bring in not the D coordinator. Once he is hired the HEAD COACH still has the final say he is the BOSS of the D coordinator.

The HEAD COACH should lay out a road map with the potential candidate of the philosophy and goals you want to obtain. I would not hire a guy because he is my buddy (Marmie). Also as HEAD COACH if you are changing PHILOSOPHY on what you want each time you change D coordinators then that’s your fault if you don’t have the personnel. Case in point they could have brought in some one more in line with the D they had instead of Lovie. Then when they went to Marmie they could have went with someone more like Lovie. Every time Martz changes coaches he drastically changes Philosophy and type coaches he seeks. Then he changes the requirements of the position.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-02-2005 at 08:27 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast