Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Martz lashes out at players

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Frankly, I'm glad to see Martz finally getting mad.
    So am I....because sometimes, that's what it takes for one to get results.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Excellent, responsible, sincere comments by Coach Martz, I really believe so.

And I seriously look forward to this coming game Vs. Seahawks! This is yet another MUST game for us Rams.

Fortunately it will be televised in this area.

akseahawkfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I don't see this in any way like the Faider situation with Calahan. It's obvious his players didn't respect him. It's pretty clear that the majority of Ram players love and respect Martz. Being a buddy to your players is not a bad thing, but it can create awkward situations when the whip needs to come down. For the Rams to be successful, I think Martz is going to have to continue to call some people out get some people angry, and perhaps be less of a buddy until things change.
    Purely from the outside looking in, Martz appears to be putting the blame squarely on the players, and refusing to take any responsibility himself. Now, if the players accept that as a legitimate position, that it was soley their responsibility then they should come out and play better. However, if the general reaction in the locker room is "WTF, Coach should shoulder the blame because he did this.... or he didn't do this..." then the play on the field is going to deteriorate even more. Face it, those players get paid whether they win or lose, play well or not. If they think their coach is hanging them out to dry, they'll just do what they have to do to get by. I'm not saying that is the case at all. I don't know. I'm just saying it will be interesting to see how the team responds to all of this by their play on Sunday.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think with as many times as Martz has said, "That's my fault," in response to not getting the job done, the players should be able to shoulder some blame this time around.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Martz has always been quick to blame himself for the teams problems. I'm glad he's calling out the players now too, they just don't seem fired up week after week.

The only people I saw pumped up on D was Tinoisamoa and Little.

Has Aeneas' absence worried anybody else. I mean I don't recall ever not seeing him as much as I have the past few games. I see way more of Coady than I see of A-Dub.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, the reason you see Coady is because he's frequently five yards behind someone making a play because he's completely missed the coverage or whiffed on a tackle.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Frankly, I'm glad to see Martz finally getting mad.
    Frankly, this should have been the case after the Miami game. It wasn't hard to see that it wasn't a "let down" by the Rams. They were killed for 3 quarters the week before in Seattle. Then for 4 more quarters vs. the worst team in the NFL. (FYI, Miami is not better than their record, because every other NFL team that played them has crushed them.)

I 100% blame the Patriots loss on Mike Martz. Special Teams has been terrible all year and NO ONE on this team should have had a week off during the bye. Let's see: Fumble/turnover on a punt. Simple high school trickery to fool our genius coach with a fake field goal. All special teams failures, not to mention his offense has slowed to a crawl and is predictable...is he still hanging on to that media burn about not running the ball enough?

He's never had to resort to a different coaching style to date, so I'm concerned this is not a positive thing that he is now lashing out at the team. He made this bed that he now has to sleep in, and I hope this isn't actually a bigger sign that he's losing this team.

I guess this will be answered if the Rams win big vs. Seattle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12