Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Martz

10 23.81%
  • Linehan

32 76.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Martz or Linehan: Right now, what's your answer?

No option 3.

Martz or Linehan.

Knowing what you know right now, who would you rather have today as the Rams Head Coach?

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: Martz or Linehan: Right now, what's your answer?

Well that is a tough one but we do have a better winning percentage compared to our last two years.
    .437 last two years
    .444 this year

The offense is also looking better then it has the last two years.
    Sounds like we have some Naysayers about our new coach before he even gets a chance.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-13-2006 at 07:33 PM.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Martz was done. By both the organization and the rest of the league. It was time for a change. I say we have to give him at least 2 years, like it or not, to see if he has what it takes.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I voted Linehan. There's no going back. Linehan has gotten stuck with rebuilding the Rams, so let's give him the time necessary to accomplish that goal. Everyone knows how I feel about Martz, so I won't rechew that issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

STLRAMSFAN Guest

The vote count is 3 to 12. Does your vote count as 3 AV or did you find a way to stuff the ballot box being from Florida and all.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-13-2006 at 08:49 PM.

ramstiles is offline Registered User

I would have kept martz so the choice for me is martz but there is no going back and we should not be thinking of sacking linehan

RealRam is online now Registered User

Totally agree with your answer, Ramstiles. I feel the same way. I supported Coach Martz till the end and yet understood the colapse of his tenure, but I would have preferred to see him stay (also votes Martz here).

In the case of Coach Linehan, it is simply much too early to think of him gone, despite yesterday's sad ending.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Linehanm and the people who are saying fire him,please just give the guy a chance
    Built RAM tough

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Although I wasn't happy with the direction the team was heading under Martz, I voted for him. I feel like if the front office would have cleaned up their act, right or wrong. Mike would have turned us around.

In defense of Linehan it is really to early to tell. However he has been out coached in more than 1 game. If there is one positive for Linehan over Martz so far. At least we have time outs at the end of the game.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I liked Mike Martz, but he created his own mess by being at odds with almost everybody. His behavior was becoming more and more suspect and it was clear he was not going to be able to work within the organization. Being joined at the hip with Larry Marmie also didn't help his cause and was an example of the kind of critical issues he refused to address or adjust for.

Knowing what I know now, I'm more than happy with Scott Linehan as the Rams head coach and I'm certainly not going to let one game of questionable calls create a situation where I would want him fired. I like what he has been able to do and I think he'll only get better over time. He deserves a chance.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Do you know what legendary, HOF head coach Tom Landry's first season's record was? 0-11-1, albeit for a (Cowboys) expansion team. He didn't have a winning season until his seventh season!

Bill Parcells, in his first two seasons as (Giants) head coach had a combined record of 13-20-1. He made many controversial decisions in that time, including benching five year QB (and future HOF) Phil Simms. He then lead the Giants to two Superbowl wins in the next five seasons with a combined record of 61-26.

Bill Belichick, in his first five seasons as (Browns and Patriots) head coach, had a combined record of 41-55. These seasons were filled with many gaffs, miscues, and highly controversial decisions. In his next four seasons, he won three Superbowl rings and currently has the highest winning percentage among active head coaches.

Dick Vermeil's record in his first two season as head coach (of our own beloved Rams) was an abysmal 9-23. We all know what followed. With an untested quarterback, with a new offensive scheme, and under a new offensive coordinator (Mike Martz), Vermeil lead the Rams to their first and so far only Superbowl ring his third and final season with this team.

Although I'm not saying I think Linehan is going to match the level of these great head coaches, I hope you get my long winded point. We should at least think twice before throwing our new, young head coach under the bus after just nine games... like some people want to do on this message board.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Right now? Without hesitation, I voted for Linehan.

Tomorrow? Still Linehan.

The day after? Linehan.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

How is the "new boss same as the old boss"??
    We endured YEARS of NONSENSE under old Rainy. I havent seen much in year one that comes close to the utter foolishness and flat out STUPIDITY which eventually led to coach RAIN MAN becoming the league laughing stock. Less than one season into Linehans tenure with the TRAIN WRECK he inherited...take a breath and give the man a chance.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Truth is offline Registered User

It's WAAAAAY too early to be talking about getting rid of Linehan. He's still dealing with some of last years residue. Give the man a chance.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    How is the "new boss same as the old boss"??
    We endured YEARS of NONSENSE under old Rainy. I havent seen much in year one that comes close to the utter foolishness and flat out STUPIDITY which eventually led to coach RAIN MAN becoming the league laughing stock. Less than one season into Linehans tenure with the TRAIN WRECK he inherited...take a breath and give the man a chance.
    Exactly...people sure do have short term memories...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast